Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

We need DPS calculator

ZZZzzzZZZzzz
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
edited 12:17AM November 27, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
We need a website or in game content that could let us use any item with any stats for free so that we can see which combination is the best choice. We will be able to choose our stats wisely and we will have less problem in chaos raid.
FrostZzCharyot

Comments

• Argonaut_of_MCArgonaut_of_MC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    edited 7:57PM November 28, 2018
    unknown.png
    You can always enable the personal performance meter which is located in Options>Interface>4th checkbox down, and calculate your DPS that way.
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    unknown.png
    You can always enable the personal performance meter which is located in Options>Interface>4th checkbox down, and calculate your DPS that way.

I guess you only read my title.
    I want to have a fitting room to test any gears with any stats for free because I cannot actually buy those gears first and test them on dummy.
    DanDK
  • TexZeroTexZero
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    ZZZzzz wrote: »
    unknown.png

I guess you only read my title.
    I want to have a fitting room to test any gears with any stats for free because I cannot actually buy those gears first and test them on dummy.

I'd take this a step further. They need to update the stat window UI in general to produce real numbers and not just arbitrary percent values and numbers that don't mean anything. Like Crit Chance and Damage for example. These things are pretty obscure as far as what the numbers mean compared to what it states it does given crit chance has a percentage cap but displays as a whole number without a percent value representation.

We shouldn't have to go to the wiki to find the calculation, this should all be handeled in game and displayed clearly.
    ZZZzzzDanDK
  • LilyXSLilyXS
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,125
    I'd even be happy with a room where you can turn off your + enchant level to test the base damage between something you have been leveling and something you just picked up That way you at least have to find something to test rather then just free testing, not that free testing would damage the game.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    edited 11:22PM November 28, 2018
    obviously you can test dmg LOL.

step 1 get gear.
    step 2 test gear
    step 3 change gear
    step 4 test gear.

its so simple.. just do 30 sec loops of using one skill.. to see what difference it makes. also the chaos dummies are better suited for it.

but if you dont know math thats kinda bad. its simple to calculate dps time/total damage. for instance 30/150.000 would obviously be 5k dps.

and for those who dont know Test Dummies is the damage you do to same lvl target. Piercing,crit dmg etc is taken into account if you have any.
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    edited 5:13AM November 29, 2018
    FeverJaws wrote: »
    obviously you can test dmg LOL.

step 1 get gear.
    step 2 test gear
    step 3 change gear
    step 4 test gear.

its so simple.. just do 30 sec loops of using one skill.. to see what difference it makes. also the chaos dummies are better suited for it.

but if you dont know math thats kinda bad. its simple to calculate dps time/total damage. for instance 30/150.000 would obviously be 5k dps.

and for those who dont know Test Dummies is the damage you do to same lvl target. Piercing,crit dmg etc is taken into account if you have any.

For example. I want to see if kandura pendent is better than my piercing necklace. Should I just buy a kandura from market ? it will cost a lot and I cannot resell it. Also, I want to see the difference between offense gem and attributes gem. It will be hard to upgrade them all first.
    DanDK
  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
    edited 4:48AM December 2, 2018
    disabled
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    Wlia wrote: »
    so you look for another way to just kick more random party members ..
    so now they if they are not +15 = kick
    or not enough pierce = kick
    or not enough dps = kick
    dont take this bad way but thats how most of the players think right now...
    and most of the guilds as well...

What a pointless reply. Don't you know that people can check your stats in advanced view of your character window?
    DanDK
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    Wlia wrote: »
    so you look for another way to just kick more random party members ..
    so now they if they are not +15 = kick
    or not enough pierce = kick
    or not enough dps = kick
    dont take this bad way but thats how most of the players think right now...
    and most of the guilds as well...

not having pierce != kick its only idiots. who think that without pierce u wont do dmg. which is false.
  • WliaWlia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
    edited 4:48AM December 2, 2018
    disabled