Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

Not saying this guy hacks but...

VisualFxxVisualFxx
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
Posts: 111
Member
edited 2:12AM November 27, 2018 in General Chat
Let's just look at these and form our own opinions shall we? By the way reason I mention this is because that forum is for specifically that purpose and I use to frequent there in the days of Ms1 when it went full p2w garbo.
Weird thing is, wouldn't it be smart not to use your actual IGN in your forum name? I mean jeez...

Comments

  • admonituadmonitu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,335
    Posts: 34
    Member
    I may be a little slow, so I don't really get the message. Can you spell out what you are trying to get at with these screenshots?
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 111
    Member
    edited 2:11AM November 27, 2018
    admonitu wrote: »
    I may be a little slow, so I don't really get the message. Can you spell out what you are trying to get at with these screenshots?

    ...That's a guild leader from . That first screen shot is from a hacking forum where you go to pick up bots/exploits etc etc. You can see his forum name is his MS2 username. He's also trying to SELL his account which is against ToS. The second screen shot are his equips enhancements and all his stats so that it's easy to see it's the same person in game.
  • WishfulWishful
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,750
    Posts: 88
    Member
    Isn't this considered to be witch hunting?
  • TexZeroTexZero
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 69
    Member
    Wishful wrote: »
    Isn't this considered to be witch hunting?

    Witchhunting would be without proof.
    This has proof, which makes it essentially a report but done wrong. Also it's defintely Namin' and Shamin' which i'm sure this forum has some policy against.
  • SecrotsSecrots
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Posts: 138
    Member
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    admonitu wrote: »
    I may be a little slow, so I don't really get the message. Can you spell out what you are trying to get at with these screenshots?

    ...That's a guild leader from Squishy. That first screen shot is from a hacking forum where you go to pick up bots/exploits etc etc. You can see his forum name is his MS2 username. He's also trying to SELL his account which is against ToS. The second screen shot are his equips enhancements and all his stats so that it's easy to see it's the same person in game.

    It may be a hacking forum, but just like any other game, there are subsections of those forums that allow for RMT. Plenty of players indulge themselves in this practice without ever actually hacking. So the guy might be guilty of hacking, but there's no real proof of it. Just reason to speculate.
    TexZero wrote: »
    Wishful wrote: »
    Isn't this considered to be witch hunting?

    Witchhunting would be without proof.
    This has proof, which makes it essentially a report but done wrong. Also it's defintely Namin' and Shamin' which i'm sure this forum has some policy against.

    This isn't proof of hacking, just RMT. It's witch hunting.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    Posts: 335
    Member
    What are you doing on that forum doe bud?
    BananaCat
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    Posts: 96
    Member
    This shouldn't be something you're openly reporting on the forums, this should be something you report to the GMs.
    AnOldGeezerPkmdz
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    Posts: 208
    Member
    i always enjoy a good heretic burnin
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Posts: 257
    Member
    time to get a random ss of some bots and sell it on playerauction, maybe some people would buy it for $200
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,725
    Posts: 354
    Member
    i always enjoy a good heretic burnin

    LOL
  • TexZeroTexZero
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited 11:08PM November 26, 2018
    Secrots wrote: »
    This isn't proof of hacking, just RMT. It's witch hunting.

    Show me where i said he was hacking ?
    I just said it had proof. There's a world of difference between the two.

    Also kinda funny that you'd say it's not a bannable offensive (hacking) it's a bannable offense (RMT/Account Selling). Like who cares at that point.
  • SecrotsSecrots
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Posts: 138
    Member
    Show me where i said he was hacking ?
    The thread is literally implying that the user is hacking. You stated there was "proof" so that it wasn't witch hunting (this is false btw, just so you know. True or not, it would be witch hunting).
    I just said it had proof
    Proof of....? And there you have it.
    Also kinda funny that you'd say it's not a bannable offensive (hacking)
    Quote me where I said this.
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    Posts: 307
    Member
    Trading account for money will get that account banned, but if he sells the account the only loser would be the guy who bought the account.
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    Posts: 170
    Member
    edited 10:29PM November 26, 2018
    I know this has been asked but why are you on a buying and selling account forum? I know you said that you used to use it for MS1 but when you say "used to" it means you don't do it anymore. Yet... You're still there. Not only that, you're on one for MS2 accounts.

    Though I don't know that forum you're on, I'm pretty sure there's some non-disclosure agreement that's going to prevent any information from that forum to be used. They usually have such things on questionable sites due to legal problems so that they can cover their own behinds.
  • TexZeroTexZero
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 69
    Member
    TexZero wrote: »

    Show me where i said he was hacking ?
    I just said it had proof. There's a world of difference between the two.

    Also kinda funny that you'd say it's not a bannable offensive (hacking) it's a bannable offense (RMT/Account Selling). Like who cares at that point.
    Secrots wrote: »
    Show me where i said he was hacking ?
    The thread is literally implying that the user is hacking. You stated there was "proof" so that it wasn't witch hunting (this is false btw, just so you know. True or not, it would be witch hunting).
    I just said it had proof
    Proof of....? And there you have it.
    Also kinda funny that you'd say it's not a bannable offensive (hacking)
    Quote me where I said this.

    You lack reading comprehension, the thread title literally says "Not saying this guy hacks but..." That's not implying he hacks that's called clickbait to get you to read further. Something you clearly didn't do and clearly didn't get that it was showing proof of his account selling. Which you then went on to defend as
    This isn't proof of hacking, just RMT. It's witch hunting.

    So no duh it's not hacking, no one except you claimed it was. I said it's not witchhunting, you should really go learn what that term means and what it's derrived from. To witchhunt is to do so without basis or proof, it was what lead to the deaths of many innocent people. This isn't a witchhunt as there is some pretty damning proof in those screenshots that if they had been properly reported would likely lead to the suspension of that account.

    But sure defend away.
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Posts: 541
    Forum Moderator
    Topic closed. Witch Hunting is NOT allowed. If you see an offender/offense, report it to the appropriate channel.
This discussion has been closed.