Please read this notice regarding the Crystal Ore shop >> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45351/regarding-the-crystal-ore-shop

Rolling a HG after the december update.

HoodlumHoodlum
Maplestory 2 Rep: 760
in Heavy Gunner
Hello, after the big december update i'd like to roll a second main, which is going to be HG. (i main thief)
I'm keeping my thanksgiving boxes for now so i can instantly get an epic weapon.

Which weapon should i opt for now we can freely choose which one we get? I've heard attackspeed does great things for HG, why is that? Should i just go with MSL for the better drop table? Or is murpa worth it even now?

Comments

• AlchemiiAlchemii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    Honestly, whichever one you like me. I think technically Murpagoth is a larger dps increase, but considering they're both a chance on hit, and have different timers, it's mostly doesn't matter.
    Hoodlum
  • HoodlumHoodlum
    Alchemii wrote: »
    Honestly, whichever one you like me. I think technically Murpagoth is a larger dps increase, but considering they're both a chance on hit, and have different timers, it's mostly doesn't matter.

I've also considered just getting an Acreon instantly using my thief funds. Would it be a severe dps loss to get an Acreon over a chaotic weapon?
  • AlchemiiAlchemii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    I wouldn't waste my money on an Acreon, that money is better served getting an epic pet.
  • YoYoFigaroFigaroYoYoFigaroFigaro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,340
    If mesos don't matter to you, Acreon's would be better than an MSL/Murpagoth's in everything except chaos raids. But the thing is once you clear CPAP you won't need the wep anymore, so your best bet is to just upgrade a Murps for highest damage in that.

I know I made a post with MSL vs Murp calculations awhile back, and the damage difference between the two came out to be like 4% if I remember correctly (Murps above MSL) . Didn't do calculations for rune cannon though.
  • HoodlumHoodlum
    I suppose Acreon would be nice to have in DD and sky fortress but I'll stick to MSL for now, thank you for your help!