Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Rolling a HG after the december update.

HoodlumHoodlum
Maplestory 2 Rep: 760
in Heavy Gunner
Hello, after the big december update i'd like to roll a second main, which is going to be HG. (i main thief)
I'm keeping my thanksgiving boxes for now so i can instantly get an epic weapon.

Which weapon should i opt for now we can freely choose which one we get? I've heard attackspeed does great things for HG, why is that? Should i just go with MSL for the better drop table? Or is murpa worth it even now?

Comments

• AlchemiiAlchemii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    Honestly, whichever one you like me. I think technically Murpagoth is a larger dps increase, but considering they're both a chance on hit, and have different timers, it's mostly doesn't matter.
    Hoodlum
  • HoodlumHoodlum
    Alchemii wrote: »
    Honestly, whichever one you like me. I think technically Murpagoth is a larger dps increase, but considering they're both a chance on hit, and have different timers, it's mostly doesn't matter.

I've also considered just getting an Acreon instantly using my thief funds. Would it be a severe dps loss to get an Acreon over a chaotic weapon?
  • AlchemiiAlchemii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    I wouldn't waste my money on an Acreon, that money is better served getting an epic pet.
  • YoYoFigaroFigaroYoYoFigaroFigaro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,240
    If mesos don't matter to you, Acreon's would be better than an MSL/Murpagoth's in everything except chaos raids. But the thing is once you clear CPAP you won't need the wep anymore, so your best bet is to just upgrade a Murps for highest damage in that.

I know I made a post with MSL vs Murp calculations awhile back, and the damage difference between the two came out to be like 4% if I remember correctly (Murps above MSL) . Didn't do calculations for rune cannon though.
  • HoodlumHoodlum
    I suppose Acreon would be nice to have in DD and sky fortress but I'll stick to MSL for now, thank you for your help!