Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Nexon's working with the bot company

VisualFxxVisualFxx
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
edited 12:54PM November 24, 2018 in General Chat
I think this is funny cause all of those bots are from the SAME website pretty much all of them anyway lol. I'm beginning to think Nexon is working with that site and splitting profits cause they have LITERALLY done nothing to fix this. They claim we've banned 10's of thousands of bots! Well that does nothing because it's a freaking f2p game! They can literally make unlimited accounts/chars. With no ip/mac bans the bots will never stop cause security on this game is laughable you'd think after so many years in business they'd get it right this time and make sure security was priority #1 considering most of their games DIE from hackers/botters literally ALL of their games. Or p2w aspects but usually bots come way before and the p2w gets added later just to milk the last of the money from people who still play.

This is slightly off topic but I was chat banned last month for 2 days and I've filed a ticket and still haven't received logs or reason as to WHY I was chat banned twice right after each other with no chance to even play a day without being re-banned. No UGC issues, no chat issues, NOTHING which is why I filed the ticket and NEVER got a response still besides we appreciate your patience! :) So their not working on the bots/sellers or peoples personal tickets either so what do they even do there? Most of the content is copy+paste from kms besides a few changes none which should have taken as long as they claim.
SavantHumanDanDKThendriksMeso_ManFantasykitten

Comments

• XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
  • hikasihikasi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 855
  • iinfernoiinferno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    I think this is funny cause all of those bots are from the SAME website pretty much all of them anyway lol. I'm beginning to think Nexon is working with that site and splitting profits cause they have LITERALLY done nothing to fix this. They claim we've banned 10's of thousands of bots! Well that does nothing because it's a freaking f2p game! They can literally make unlimited accounts/chars. With no ip/mac bans the bots will never stop cause security on this game is laughable you'd think after so many years in business they'd get it right this time and make sure security was priority #1 considering most of their games DIE from hackers/botters literally ALL of their games. Or p2w aspects but usually bots come way before and the p2w gets added later just to milk the last of the money from people who still play.

Yes sounds like a consipracy but after seeing and reporting the same bot spamming world chat for close to a month and nothing is done, they either get some profits or don't care.
    VisualFxxTooManyGlitchesSavantHumanDanDKThendriksMeso_ManPannya
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    edited 12:55PM November 24, 2018
    iinferno wrote: »
    VisualFxx wrote: »

Yes sounds like a consipracy but after seeing and reporting the same bot spamming world chat for close to a month and nothing is done, they either get some profits or don't care.

Of course it's all conspiracy but the signs do all point in the direction of being involved or just not caring. Only reason I assume involvement is because they know the playerbase would be HALF the size if they announced to be p2w. This way they can still make a cash profit without "being p2w" and not have to worry about only cosmetic sales.
    DanDKThendriks
  • SilverSkywaySilverSkyway
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 535
    I mean most bots are in the SAME guild. I find that funny. I would like it the bot just leave but they easy to ignore.
    Heimerdinger
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    i think nexon is just leaving them alone because they fund nexon via buying advertising on global chat
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    I figured this out last month. I mean if the bots are buying more merets than actual players. Would Nexon really want to ban bots at that point?
    HeimerdingerPkmdz
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    People seem to think bots are using their own money to buy merets for some reason. They charge NX using fraudulent methods meaning nexon sees 0$ for it
    VeremisiaMeso_ManDanDK
    wouldn't that highlight a much bigger, scarier problem? not even just for this game, but all the games??? that people can just ''magic'' NX ?
    Meso_Man wrote: »
    I figured this out last month. I mean if the bots are buying more merets than actual players. Would Nexon really want to ban bots at that point?

and nexon is the ONLY company that i would believe it, due to their famous reputation for every other game they have ever made

don't forget to pay your meret taxes lol
    DanDK
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    That's not the case, you get free world vouchers as a result of the epic questline so they likely don't pay a cent. And because making accounts is free they can keep making the throwaway accounts.
    DracoKami wrote: »
    That's not the case, you get free world vouchers as a result of the epic questline so they likely don't pay a cent. And because making accounts is free they can keep making the throwaway accounts.

well that is an easy fix, remove those?
    DanDK
  • LucidessLucidess
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 235
    edited 5:34PM November 25, 2018
    They're not working with them, they are just afraid to make ballsy moves like making all Meso's account bound, making the black market Just "market" with everybody's name attached to each sale so we know who and what they are selling, and making like, 1000's more resources to farm from all the enemies they have in the game. This game is getting stale fast, it makes no sense how and why so many enemies drop the exact same thing, and half of them are useless! I've never seen a game with such crap drop rate that it let's the players who don't want to play, play more with botting. I'm going to be dropping this game after my membership, it's been a good ride but there's other, better, MMO's out there that will provide more of a progressive dynamic experience, like Ragnarok, or Maplestory 1. There's no point in doing any combat in the game when the RNG gate will stop you for weeks or months or forever, depending on RNG; all so you can play dungeons with your friends, or your friends can dungeon with you, which is supposed to be "the best thing to do in the game". You can farm Rusty Keys for 50-60k meso a piece on the black market, Potion Solvents are a complete JOKE... I could tear apart their concept of drop rates all day long. MS2 allows bots to thrive like no tomorrow, seriously this is the worst bot invasion i've ever seen in any game ever. Tell me one game that's worse than this.
    Worst of all, the bots pretty much laugh in everybody's faces for trying to legitimately be apart of the wheel of the economy that is MS2, until Nexon does something about it, they might as well be laughing at all of you.
    DanDKPkmdziinferno
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    I'm not even gonna bother reading it, just leaving a reply to say how hilarious it is that people think this is true! Just shows how Nexon needs to get on this bot issue now!