CM Kyrios explains the team's plans moving forward!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45796/
Closed

b4 scammers

facefacefaceface
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
edited 7:16AM November 20, 2018 in General Chat
Is there any hard reason against T&C that b4 scammers are safely roaming and cancering the server? Are you telling us that scamming is ok? Cuz if it is im gana scam too.

Comments

• MorokuMoroku
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    Man, there should be a report feature or ticket system where you could show Nexon these horrible players...oh wait...
  • IWALY69IWALY69
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,195
    Tell me your in game name so I can insta block you!

Only fools get scammed !
    LofiVibesNunah
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    in b4 this post gets removed becuz of witch hunting.

little tips:
    - ask them to link the key in chat before paying
    - check if they are from a respectable guild
    - check how many times the player has advertised for a B4 slot in world chat by scrolling up a bit.
  • DragonicWolfDragonicWolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,320
    Just dont buy b4 runs i suppose. I just pity people who scam others. Not sure what kind of garbage mentality someone has to have to feel no remorse or empathy for other people. They just exist in life to be the trash of society.
    DanDK
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    edited 12:28AM November 20, 2018
    I can't remember where I saw it but I remember there was a response from an admin saying that only you are responsible for falling for B4 scamming, since unlike an ingame item it's not something being directly traded to you and thus they can't track it. In the future, just make sure that you wait until you get to the chest to give payment, as that's the safest time. Do not trade any money before that, since they could very easily be bluffing about having the key and they wouldn't gain anything from kicking you at the chest.

Editted for a forgotten word - "item"
    DanDK
  • InternetPersonInternetPerson
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    DracoKami wrote: »
    Do not trade any money before that, since they could very easily be bluffing about having the key and they wouldn't gain anything from kicking you at the chest.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the key consumed if you open the chest? Hence if the scammer just leaves the party when you pay. It makes zero difference to them as long as they dont open the chest for you? And that makes it impossible for you to be safe against a scammer.

Sure opening the gate proves they have a key, but it doesnt prove that they will open the chest in the end.

DanDK
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    DracoKami wrote: »
    Do not trade any money before that, since they could very easily be bluffing about having the key and they wouldn't gain anything from kicking you at the chest.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the key consumed if you open the chest? Hence if the scammer just leaves the party when you pay. It makes zero difference to them as long as they dont open the chest for you? And that makes it impossible for you to be safe against a scammer.

Sure opening the gate proves they have a key, but it doesnt prove that they will open the chest in the end.

Haven't done a B4 run myself so I wasn't aware of that fact, I thought the key was consumed on entry (never really looked at my key stack when doing B1 so I assumed they took it on entry). Either way, regardless of if it's a FD or B4 run or whatever, if you purchase a run for a dungeon, never ever pay upfront unless the seller is reputable since Nexon will not claim responsibility if you get scammed.
  • MarkMMarkM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 11,670
    Locked for witch hunting.

Paying meso for dungeon runs was something developed by the community and was never intended by the developers. If you choose to do so, you should understand that you pay at your own risk.
    OneConfusedMilletianBeariie
This discussion has been closed.