Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

5 minutes that summed up my experience so far...

Comments

• XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,800
    Beariie wrote: »
    Kick button is good for all the bots and casuals who afk for whtever crap reason or fools who keep dying over n over with no more revives or the rtards/trolls. Kick em all an stop wasting time.

So if someone hits the death cap its ok to kick them?
    Yup Im kicking em

Part of the problem. That mindset

Okay know what will you do if someone purposely AFK or purposely dies they so they don't have to do anything you're still going to let them get reward for doing nothing?
  • OcculoOcculo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 835
    I don't mind if someone is new as long as they say something i wont kick them if i am doing runs to help people. If i say make a party for fast runs and someone is dying over and over/hits death cap. Yeah i am going to kick them. Granted i always run with guildies, or use party finder to find parties for exactly what i want to do anyways. It's not nexon's fault for how the community acts. But there are ways to avoid toxic players. Don't use the dungeon que system for one. If no one has a party you are looking for in party finder, start your own and get some like minded people. I will agree with you that the reason you got kicked was really dumb, i have never kicked a player for an accidental death, especially if it was caused by means they had no control over. And maybe i have been lucky in not running into to many toxic players. A lot of people i have met have been fairly nice.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Kick button is good for all the bots and casuals who afk for whtever crap reason or fools who keep dying over n over with no more revives or the rtards/trolls. Kick em all an stop wasting time.

So if someone hits the death cap its ok to kick them?
    Yup Im kicking em

Part of the problem. That mindset

Okay know what will you do if someone purposely AFK or purposely dies they so they don't have to do anything you're still going to let them get reward for doing nothing?

If it was purposely and depending on how much more of the dungeon was left, I would leave and ask the members of the party if they want to come with. If it was accidental and early on, id ask if they want to reset attempt. But I dont do matchmaking since queue takes to long and there have been times where I been kicked and put back into the same party, to be kicked again before it even started, and rather just spend the merets on getting parties set up for runs regardless of how much Gear Score, Attack or experience they have. Before I stopped playing I gave crash course runs for Lube daily and didnt care much if someone used up all their lives, wasnt the end of the world and if they are talkative its still an enjoyable experience.
  • BananaCatBananaCat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    The Kicking option needs some changes and tweaks that is undeniable. Hopefully they figure something out.
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Khalyk wrote: »
    Point flew over some heads I see. Its not that they can or cant do it in a guild or with friends. Its the fact that the game has a kicking option in matchmaking that can be used to grief legitimate players. Its not healthy, which is why the game is going to be foreseeing a early closure. The game basically supports the most toxic part of the community and lets them get away with it.

While I agree with your overall point and I think changing the kick timer to only function for like the first 3-5 minutes of a dungeon would be a decent start although theoretically people would just kick earlier, I would also argue to not immediately believe non verified information. What I mean is we have someone just telling us what happened, for all we know he could have burned all his rezes in the first 30 seconds of FD and just sat under a metal tombstone for the rest of the run... Just as circumstantial I have almost used dungeon finder exclusively for my hard mode runs having 2 chars close or above 4k, Ive never been kicked and Ive only ever had to vote kick(besides bots) one actual player who just went afk half way through FD.

No there shouldn't be a kick timer at all, nor a kick function. Whats the point when your still going to be 1 short throughout the dungeon. If someone is being dead weight, afk, or a bot, then you spot that at the start of the dungeon, message your fellow members and requeue together. Community interaction is required and would make for a much healthier experience. And whether its verified information or not, it happens so that doesn't matter. Its happened to me and its happened to many others.

If you want the power to moderate a party, then you make the party and recruit the members. Simple as that.

So your solution to possibly not wasting one players time per raid is to waist 3 players time per raid if they get a bot or afk... Which I would say happens way more than a group troll kicking people. That doesnt seem like sound logic.
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Point flew over some heads I see. Its not that they can or cant do it in a guild or with friends. Its the fact that the game has a kicking option in matchmaking that can be used to grief legitimate players. Its not healthy, which is why the game is going to be foreseeing a early closure. The game basically supports the most toxic part of the community and lets them get away with it.

While I agree with your overall point and I think changing the kick timer to only function for like the first 3-5 minutes of a dungeon would be a decent start although theoretically people would just kick earlier, I would also argue to not immediately believe non verified information. What I mean is we have someone just telling us what happened, for all we know he could have burned all his rezes in the first 30 seconds of FD and just sat under a metal tombstone for the rest of the run... Just as circumstantial I have almost used dungeon finder exclusively for my hard mode runs having 2 chars close or above 4k, Ive never been kicked and Ive only ever had to vote kick(besides bots) one actual player who just went afk half way through FD.

No there shouldn't be a kick timer at all, nor a kick function. Whats the point when your still going to be 1 short throughout the dungeon. If someone is being dead weight, afk, or a bot, then you spot that at the start of the dungeon, message your fellow members and requeue together. Community interaction is required and would make for a much healthier experience. And whether its verified information or not, it happens so that doesn't matter. Its happened to me and its happened to many others.

If you want the power to moderate a party, then you make the party and recruit the members. Simple as that.

So your solution to possibly not wasting one players time per raid is to waist 3 players time per raid if they get a bot or afk... Which I would say happens way more than a group troll kicking people. That doesnt seem like sound logic.

Your time is wasted regardless. If your that uptight about squeezing in every second of doing something productive in the time your on then you should look at another genre.

If you have 3 people already for hardmode then all you have to do is find one more, no? Use world or channel chat to find 1 more, it's not that hard. Then youl also have your kicking option since itl be a premade party.
  • JarzakJarzak
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    Erie wrote: »
    Go into FD for the millionth time which already isn't appealing... but I need weapons for enchant fodder. A few minutes in I notice the skill I use for 'quick movement' has somehow been dragged or moved off my skill bar (because there is no bar lock that I can find)… I announce to my party what happened but keep going to continue helping with damage. I do end up dying but jump right back in the fight - mind you I'm +13 and more than had done my share. Right as the boss is about to die - yep I get kicked.

This game will be ghost town after the new-ness wears off.

all i read was that you could not find a lock button and your ability was gone. Are you actually clicking your abilities? Im not sure how this would happen any other way. either you use keyboard or controller. even using mouse to move around is trash so im not sure why anyone would use anything but keyboard or anything but controller. If you click abilities you deserve to be kicked. Kappa or is it??
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    Jarzak wrote: »
    Erie wrote: »
    Go into FD for the millionth time which already isn't appealing... but I need weapons for enchant fodder. A few minutes in I notice the skill I use for 'quick movement' has somehow been dragged or moved off my skill bar (because there is no bar lock that I can find)… I announce to my party what happened but keep going to continue helping with damage. I do end up dying but jump right back in the fight - mind you I'm +13 and more than had done my share. Right as the boss is about to die - yep I get kicked.

This game will be ghost town after the new-ness wears off.

all i read was that you could not find a lock button and your ability was gone. Are you actually clicking your abilities? Im not sure how this would happen any other way. either you use keyboard or controller. even using mouse to move around is trash so im not sure why anyone would use anything but keyboard or anything but controller. If you click abilities you deserve to be kicked. Kappa or is it??

Sometimes abilities just randomly get replaced with stuff like consumables. Probably wasn't their fault.