Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Too Much RNG and Classes are imbalanced

ZZZzzzZZZzzz
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
in General Chat
I know there are not many people use this forum, but saying something is better than saying nothing.

RNG with limited supply is terrible.
Example 1 is gear enhancement. We can only get a few legendary gears per week. These are definitely not enough for the current enhancement system. Legendary gears are character bound which means we cannot farm with alts or buying from others. I got nothing but wasted a lot of onyx crystals after failed enhancement.
Example 2 is gem upgrading. The success rate of upgrading gem is too low so that we need a lot of gem dust to upgrade them. Running B4 is the best way to farm gem dust right now but B4 is limited to 5 runs per week. I don't know any other way that we could farm gem efficiently compare with B4 run. Even worse, too many scammers are selling B4 and there is nothing that we can do to punish them.

The class with the highest DPS is the best class
PVE is everything in GMS2 right now and chaos raid is the current end game content. Due to the high DPS requirement, top DPS classes can carry other people easily and none top DPS class could be replaced anytime. The top DPS class can always find a group easier and they will out gear other class eventually.
Every class can be a god with credit card power in KMS2 and CMS2. But some class in GMS2 will always have do higher DPS than other class do.
DximusYaupEcchiOtakuTMTendiezuToxicBeehiverPeekiBananaCatSilverSkyway

Comments

• WhyWhyWhyWhy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Gear Enchantment is bad , we all know that , they need to fix peachy.

Gem Rng is really bad like i did my math and i had a 17% success rate on it

Class withing the highest dps is the best class , Not so much , raid requires different class to fill a certain role , best example is HG/RB for adds in cdev, you can do tons of dmg as a zerk , but if u are also doing adds , rip ur damage
    DximusSherriPizzaBearToxicBeehiver
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    edited 6:25PM November 15, 2018
    WhyWhy wrote: »
    Class withing the highest dps is the best class , Not so much , raid requires different class to fill a certain role , best example is HG/RB for adds in cdev, you can do tons of dmg as a zerk , but if u are also doing adds , rip ur damage

If I am a zerk with 200m dps, i can put an priest up there for healing adds instead of an HG.
    If i am a wiz with good dps, i can pretty much do it with 1 knight and 8 priest.
    Peeki
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    for the chaos raid thing: do them with your mates/guild
    friends do not just replace you.
    if you don't have friends or a guild, just go search for them in game, its an MMO.
  • justasomeonejustasomeone
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 760
    edited 12:38AM November 16, 2018
    Ain't nothing wrong with anything that you said.

I rather play with RNG then give everyone a free ride to +15/Lv5 Gems. And No, I don't have either of these, but it keeps me playing to get better.

There is no "highest dps class", it's all about skill. Let's say if you gave a new person who just entered Chaos Raids who doesn't know the mechs a character who can dish out 200m on Cdev, you think that new player will be able to do 200m with the same gear? Of course not. Why? Because it takes skill. A person in Cdev, with +13, can outdps a person with +15, why do you think that happens?

At the same time, I seen zerks, sins and mages at the bottom of the list with the knight, again, why do you think that happens?? Its all about skill.

You think Thief is low DPS? I seen Thieves do 100m damage in Cdev, and beat zerkers, mages, sins, any class you thought was "High DPS"

Stop blaming the game for your shortcomings

Naho
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz

I rather play with RNG then give everyone a free ride to +15/Lv5 Gems. And No, I don't have either of these, but it keeps me playing to get better.

There is no "highest dps class", it's all about skill. Let's say if you gave a new person who just entered Chaos Raids who doesn't know the mechs a character who can dish out 200m on Cdev, you think that new player will be able to do 200m with the same gear? Of course not. Why? Because it takes skill. A person in Cdev, with +13, can outdps a person with +15, why do you think that happens?

At the same time, I seen zerks, sins and mages at the bottom of the list with the knight, again, why do you think that happens?? Its all about skill.

You think Thief is low DPS? I seen Thieves do 100m damage in Cdev, and beat zerkers, mages, sins, any class you thought was "High DPS"

Getting full +15 legendary and 9x level 5 gems for free will take a year at least. Do you want to grind for a year only for those free stuffs ?

About the top DPS class, I really don't agree with you. For example, your party is looking for DPS. Are you going to choose knight and priest instead of zerk and sin when you dont know their skill ?
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • DocDoomDocDoom
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,265
    Drama queens will never stop, you want a balloon maybe for being part of the whiny club?
    PizzaBear
    edited 3:29AM November 16, 2018
    ZZZzzz wrote: »

Getting full +15 legendary and 9x level 5 gems for free will take a year at least. Do you want to grind for a year only for those free stuffs ?

About the top DPS class, I really don't agree with you. For example, your party is looking for DPS. Are you going to choose knight and priest instead of zerk and sin when you dont know their skill ?

1. Yes, but I understand that's me. I like how the game is set up. I dont consider myself casual or hardcore, I like to think I'm in between, I don't want stuff handed to me but I also like to work for it.

2. Why do people think Knight/priest/thief are low DPS? I seen Priest as DPS build in top 4 dps in cdev. I also know a Knight that streams and will outdps any class you think are considered "top dps". I also seen Sin/Mages/Zerkers who are at the bottom of the list in cdev. Again, player skill matters, not class.

And to answer your question, if skill tree and item build cater to DPS and not support, yes I will.

Oh, he even has a video.

Can you explain to me why he's doing 90m dmg and out dpsing classes you think are the best(Zerker) at level 50? Because it's not all about the class like I've been saying this whole time, it's about player skill.

And no, this isn't CMS2, or KMS2, so he didn't use a "credit card" to become a "god", it's GMS2, so he had the same progression as everyone else.

Anything else you would like to know?
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850

So you just stated that all of that will take you a year?????? Ok buddy , see ya in one year when i'll have 4 chars if not more , with all of that.
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz

1. Yes, but I understand that's me. I like how the game is set up. I dont consider myself casual or hardcore, I like to think I'm in between, I don't want stuff handed to me but I also like to work for it.

2. Why do people think Knight/priest/thief are low DPS? I seen Priest as DPS build in top 4 dps in cdev. I also know a Knight that streams and will outdps any class you think are considered "top dps". I also seen Sin/Mages/Zerkers who are at the bottom of the list in cdev. Again, player skill matters, not class.

And to answer your question, if skill tree and item build cater to DPS and not support, yes I will.

Oh, he even has a video.

Can you explain to me why he's doing 90m dmg and out dpsing classes you think are the best(Zerker) at level 50? Because it's not all about the class like I've been saying this whole time, it's about player skill.

And no, this isn't CMS2, or KMS2, so he didn't use a "credit card" to become a "god", it's GMS2, so he had the same progression as everyone else.

Anything else you would like to know?

The knight did 90m damage in your video. 90m is too low to carry anybody. Barely pulled his own weight. Do you believe that he will do 150m damage one day after a lot of practice ? I really don't think so. But zerk, sin and wiz could do 150m damage easily.
    I didn't have any exp in KMS2 so I didnt choose those high DPS class. This is the problem because I can do nothing to change the situation.
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    Naho wrote: »

So you just stated that all of that will take you a year?????? Ok buddy , see ya in one year when i'll have 4 chars if not more , with all of that.

You cant do it for free with current contents. Especially 4 char in the same account, no way
    Lets talk about gear first. You can get 12 gear boxes per week. Could be 6 gears for your class on average. 24 gears per month. You need to make 4x +15. I believe that it will take you about a year.

9x level 5 gems are easy to get, but 9x level 5 gems for your class are not easy. People usually use offense gem and the gem of their main stats. You will need a lot of specific gem dust for those. You were saying that you can get them for free. That means you are not buying a lot of B4. How can you get so many yellow dust ?
  • SabeiSabei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 445
    The knight did 90m damage in your video. 90m is too low to carry anybody. Barely pulled his own weight. Do you believe that he will do 150m damage one day after a lot of practice ? I really don't think so. But zerk, sin and wiz could do 150m damage easily.
    Are you daft? 90-100m is pretty standard for high-end DPS. 150m is what you get with a +15 weapon and optimal stat rolls on just about every single piece of equipment. I've seen every class - including a Priest - break 90m damage and I've never seen anyone hard carry without ridiculously good armor/accessory rolls. If you think 90m is "barely pulling your own weight" in CDev you're clueless.
    justasomeoneMiehBaco
    Sabei wrote: »
    Are you daft? 90-100m is pretty standard for high-end DPS. 150m is what you get with a +15 weapon and optimal stat rolls on just about every single piece of equipment. I've seen every class - including a Priest - break 90m damage and I've never seen anyone hard carry without ridiculously good armor/accessory rolls. If you think 90m is "barely pulling your own weight" in CDev you're clueless.

This.

Love it when people complain and make a post about something they know nothing about.
    PizzaBear
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz

Do you have problem with math or you just don't know Cdev boss? Boss got 600m+ hp, and you cannot force healer and support knight to do much DPS. The person who is killing adds will probably got lower boss damage too. Don't you think the 7 DPS need to do 90m damage each person for a guaranteed win ?

I was saying 90m is too low to CARRY anybody. And not EVERY class with perfect stats can do 150m + damage . Let's talk about the knight in the video that Justasomeone posted. What kind of gear can increase 60m damage ? Do you really think he did the 90m damage with crap gears ?
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz

This.

Love it when people complain and make a post about something they know nothing about.

you are just a free to play casual player. He was talking about high end. and you know nothing about it
  • SkyCalleRSkyCalleR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    well as a priest i cant choose to be either dps class or healer, im forced to be healer :p when i checked the class when i created i tought it was possible to choose if u wanted to be dps class priest or just a support priest but i were pretty wrong, even as going as dps i dont see that happening :p, i tought skill trees existed for a reason hehe
  • IWALY69IWALY69
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,195
    I wonder what is highest dps class for fishing ?? Hmmm , any tips ?? I bet priest can catch most Prize fishies !
  • PeekiPeeki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    That knight grabbed everytime, played good mechanics, rotated his skills perfectly not to waste spririt regen to only go 90m. But his utility with shield throw and buffs makes him way worth more than 90m dps.
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    WhyWhy wrote: »
    Gear Enchantment is bad , we all know that , they need to fix peachy.

Gem Rng is really bad like i did my math and i had a 17% success rate on it

yea peachy atm is catered toward meso buyers

you are right about each class needed for a certain role, but i am worried that soul binder is going to replace heavy gunner or vice versa because they just look so similar, both blue laser beamers with a heal

and as for gem rng...on paper its 17%

in reality

its far , far worse
    Baco
  • DarkovaDarkova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    edited 11:53PM November 24, 2018
    How is peachy catered toward meso buyers? You can't buy Crystal Ore which is the slowest material gained that she requires. It is the most time gated part of the game that exists atm.

Also, that video rng isn't far worse. First off, the sample size is extremely too low.

He had 9 successes out of 21 for the 1st stage. About 43% Little unlucky, nothing "far, far worse"
    2 success out of 7 for the 2nd stage. 28.5%, rather unlucky, but still too small a sample size to fit the "far, far worse"
    1 attempt at the 3rd stage and failed. Not enough data.
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    i found another video of the abysmal rng