Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation
Closed

GG guys Nexon Has spoken

Comments

• mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,375
    Khalyk wrote: »
    Dying game... LOL. You do realize that besides your minority opinion, that the vast amount of the player base doesnt even use the forums right? Some games arent for everyone, and thats fine, yet I notice you and Heimer both had to TELL everyone you were leaving in posts instead of just voting with your wallet and leaving....

Steam declined by 60% of its player base on Cdev update. I don't think that's a minority at all.
    HeimerdingerCandle
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    edited 2:33AM November 15, 2018
    one day he will clue in that not everyone who doesn't like the way things are come to the forum, they just straight up quit

maybe when there is around 1000 players left lol
    mirta000Sleeplessace
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,315
    What Heimerdinger said above me is quiet true. People who aren't really hopeful usually just quit without posting nor even visiting the forum. People who are asking for change here are the ones who actually care about the game and thus are frustrated at the current state of the game.
    There have been a massive decline in the game's population and it is an undeniable fact. Steam chart shows around 60 to 70% decline on steam platform alone. Sadly Nexon has a lot of work and need to come up with a plan in order to bring back the players who left, which is extremely hard for any MMORPGs to pull off.
    mirta000HeimerdingerCandle
  • AresiaAresia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
    I think it is important to note that they did not want to nerf the raid... and that is a good thing. The raid is not overly hard, breaking the threshold to get accepted into parties is. Acknowledging there is a problem even if the long-term fix is not instant helps me at least hold out hope. As soon as this weekend we should see a few changes with different boxes from raids that help with weapons, rerolling, etc. The people that got lucky early will hit the gear plateau and people that were unlucky will be able to catch up.
  • SiIverSiIver
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 980
    edited 3:55AM November 15, 2018
    I seriously have no clue what your problem is. They 100% got the problem, are you all too stupid to read?

-You complain that you have to do 60 FD runs a week and they even acknowledged that in their post and said that they might introduce boxes after each dungeon so you can choose your weapon and do other dungeons instead.
    -You said that the progression with all the RNG sucks and they said that they will think of new ways to progress. Sure the RNG stays, but it has to stay what else do you want to do? Increase the enchantment chance from +14 to +15 by 50% so everyone can get it within 1 week?
    -The damage scale from hard dungeons and chaos dungeons is too steep and they said that they will think to add something inbetween.
    -They even acknnowledged that everything else besides dungeon feels undwerwhelming and they will think of something.

So what the is your guys problem? Of course they can't just insta-fix everything, it will take some time and planning to not everything up.

The only thing that's missing for me personaly, is that every item becomes tradeable, I seriously see no reason why everything is untradeable or character bound.
    SnackCakes
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    SiIver wrote: »
    I seriously have no clue what your problem is. They 100% got the problem, are you all too stupid to read?

-You complain that you have to do 60 FD runs a week and they even acknowledged that in their post and said that they might introduce boxes after each dungeon so you can choose your weapon and do other dungeons instead.
    -You said that the progression with all the RNG sucks and they said that they will think of new ways to progress. Sure the RNG stays, but it has to stay what else do you want to do? Increase the enchantment chance from +14 to +15 by 50% so everyone can get it within 1 week?
    -The damage scale from hard dungeons and chaos dungeons is too steep and they said that they will think to add something inbetween.
    -They even acknnowledged that everything else besides dungeon feels undwerwhelming and they will think of something.

So what the is your guys problem? Of course they can't just insta-fix everything, it will take some time and planning to not everything up.

The only thing that's missing for me personaly, is that every item becomes tradeable, I seriously see no reason why everything is untradeable or character bound.

Try to refrain from degrading yourself by throwing insults.
    What they say they are going to do and how they implement the system afterwards is two completely different things. Their promises of "brighter" future for KMS2 were many but look what happened. I am not saying that Nexon is going to turn GMS2 into another garbage, but blindly taking what they say and being content with current problems because they "promised" is not good. Every player should be bringing up their concerns and if they are unhappy with certain things in the game, heck, they have the right to complain as a fellow consumer.
    mirta000
  • SiIverSiIver
    edited 5:16AM November 15, 2018
    MochiAi wrote: »
    Try to refrain from degrading yourself by throwing insults.
    What they say they are going to do and how they implement the system afterwards is two completely different things. Their promises of "brighter" future for KMS2 were many but look what happened. I am not saying that Nexon is going to turn GMS2 into another garbage, but blindly taking what they say and being content with current problems because they "promised" is not good. Every player should be bringing up their concerns and if they are unhappy with certain things in the game, heck, they have the right to complain as a fellow consumer.

Yes, these are two different things. But they didn't do anything yet and some people are still crying because they don't do anything. No matter what, you guys just complain. Like I said they can't just press one button and instantly fix everything. KMS2 and GMS2 aren't even comparable they are already completely different, with a different developing team and all that. I guess you know that Nexon has several teams working on different games and regions and the people that work on KMS2 aren't the same that work on GMS2. The world isn't just black and white.

If I browse the forum all I see is complaining and crying, reading the same stuff over and over is getting really annoying, especially if everyone acts like he is the king, knows everything and everything has to be done right this moment.

And I wasn't insulting anyone, this was a serious question. Some stuff I read on these forum is just...well I have no words.

SnackCakes
  • mirta000mirta000
    Yes, these are two different things. But they didn't do anything yet and some people are still crying because they don't do anything. No matter what, you guys just complain. Like I said they can't just press one button and instantly fix everything. KMS2 and GMS2 aren't even comparable they are already completely different, with a different developing team and all that. I guess you know that Nexon has several teams working on different games and regions and the people that work on KMS2 aren't the same that work on GMS2. The world isn't just black and white.

If I browse the forum all I see is complaining and crying, reading the same stuff over and over is getting really annoying, especially if everyone acts like he is the king, knows everything and everything has to be done right this moment.

And I wasn't insulting anyone, this was a serious question. Some stuff I read on these forum is just...well I have no words.

They are not addressing item stat RNG at all. And while they're giving us more ways of getting Onyx, they're not really addressing that 1 out of 2 ways of upgrading is completely pointless and the other one requires insane levels of grind.

If you don't want to, you don't have to read the complaints, but I got to tell you that the day when you see none is the day when you're in a game with maybe 30 people left per server. I've seen way too many games go down and I know just how fast an MMO that spiral out of control, hence I'm posting. I'm posting because I'm worried. If I wasn't posting, I would just be part of the majority that already left.
  • SiIverSiIver
    edited 5:50AM November 15, 2018
    mirta000 wrote: »
    They are not addressing item stat RNG at all. And while they're giving us more ways of getting Onyx, they're not really addressing that 1 out of 2 ways of upgrading is completely pointless and the other one requires insane levels of grind.

If you don't want to, you don't have to read the complaints, but I got to tell you that the day when you see none is the day when you're in a game with maybe 30 people left per server. I've seen way too many games go down and I know just how fast an MMO that spiral out of control, hence I'm posting. I'm posting because I'm worried. If I wasn't posting, I would just be part of the majority that already left.

Alright, but you have to understand them too. They are already addressing a lot of things and they can't address everything at once. The game is only out for a little bit over a month. They have to work on bugfixing, support, banning bots, UGC violation, new updates and reworking other old stuff too. And how do you want them to work on RNG? Every damn MMO has RNG, you even have failstacks that gives you a lot higher chance to upgrade, some games don't even have that. If it becomes too easy everyone will run around with a fully equipped +15 set. But what are you supposed to do after that? What are going to work towards then? An MMO is supposed to be played for a long time and not to rush through all the content within 1 month.

I once played a game where every item above +12 had a chance to fail and go back to +0. So most of the stuff I had was +13 and after two years of playing I saw a +14 for the first time at the market. It was insanely expensive but by that time I had so much money saved up that I simply bought it. Another reason why I don't understand why everything in this game is untradeable. What am I supposed to do with my +15 after I'm getting a legendary weapon? Just dismantle it? Feels like a waste.

And I'm reading the complaints because I want to know what others think and I might think the same to some extent. But some people are really impatient, some stuff simply takes time.
    SnackCakes
  • mirta000mirta000
    Alright, but you have to understand them too. They are already addressing a lot of things and they can't address everything at once. The game is only out for a little bit over a month. They have to work on bugfixing, support, banning bots, UGC violation, new updates and reworking other old stuff too. And how do you want them to work on RNG? Every damn MMO has RNG, you even have failstacks that gives you a lot higher chance to upgrade, some games don't even have that. If it becomes too easy everyone will run around with a fully equipped +15 set. But what are you supposed to do after that? What are going to work towards then? An MMO is supposed to be played for a long time and not to rush through all the content within 1 month.

I once played a game where every item above +12 had a chance to fail and go back to +0. So most of the stuff I had was +13 and after two years of playing I saw a +14 for the first time at the market. It was insanely expensive but by that time I had so much money saved up that I simply bought it. Another reason why I don't understand why everything in this game is untradeable. What am I supposed to do with my +15 after I'm getting a legendary weapon? Just dismantle it? Feels like a waste.

And I'm reading the complaints because I want to know what others think and I might think the same to some extent. But some people are really impatient, some stuff simply takes time.

RNG not on stats, no. Most MMOs will have preset sets that you can get from preset places.

What are you supposed to do after that? Go raiding and actually partake in end game content, rather than trying to meet the bar for entry? You realize that the 3rd or 2nd raid has a gearscore requirements of 7900 GS, right? And that these are just the start of raids and even the level 60 dungeons require raid gear to enter, right? They gated the entry to end game. That's nowhere near the best gear that you can have in game, this is just the gear that you are required to have to start end game.
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    mirta000 wrote: »

RNG not on stats, no. Most MMOs will have preset sets that you can get from preset places.

What are you supposed to do after that? Go raiding and actually partake in end game content, rather than trying to meet the bar for entry? You realize that the 3rd or 2nd raid has a gearscore requirements of 7900 GS, right? And that these are just the start of raids and even the level 60 dungeons require raid gear to enter, right? They gated the entry to end game. That's nowhere near the best gear that you can have in game, this is just the gear that you are required to have to start end game.

I think one component of this frustration is that people are enchanting to 15 just so that they can get into the next raid which then require you to enchant the new gear to 15 and so on. Along with this they are expected to hope for a good stat on the gear. Grinding back to back might be daunting to many and unappealing. For myself, I don't mind it as much. My grudge is how everything is raid focused. Other contents that could have been much more just seem half finished and rushed as a quick filler.
    mirta000
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Too many casuals crying about difficulty of chaos Dev. Can't wait until you guys get into Cmoc. Might as well unistall already.
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Too many casuals crying about difficulty of chaos Dev. Can't wait until you guys get into Cmoc. Might as well unistall already.

I think many already did. Don't wish on something you might not like later. No players equals no game. No game equals no more maple for you.
    mirta000Sleeplessace
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY

I think many already did. Don't wish on something you might not like later. No players equals no game. No game equals no more maple for you.

Every game has their end date but let's not exaggerate the issue here. All you are doing is assuming.
  • MochiAiMochiAi

Every game has their end date but let's not exaggerate the issue here. All you are doing is assuming.

What am I assuming? Am I assuming that you are a condescending person? Or am I assuming that the game's population decreased by over 60%, give or take a few, within the first month? Or could it be that I am assuming your hatred on "casuals" urges you to reply on a post you don't care about?
    mirta000
  • JoXXJoXX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    Chaos raids or any raids for that matter, are suppose to be something you work towards and only the 1% will complete it quick.
    SnackCakes
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY

What am I assuming? Am I assuming that you are a condescending person? Or am I assuming that the game's population decreased by over 60%, give or take a few, within the first month? Or could it be that I am assuming your hatred on "casuals" urges you to reply on a post you don't care about?

A decrease in population after the first month. Surprise surprise. This your first game on release? Happens to every game.
    SnackCakes
  • MochiAiMochiAi

A decrease in population after the first month. Surprise surprise. This your first game on release? Happens to every game.

So you are saying about quarter of the existing players remaining, good portion of the recorded players being bots, is a good sign. Good amount of people frustrated and logging into other games after the daily activities, possibility of losing them by "uninstalling"" in the near future as you'd say. Divide that by the number of our servers. So let's see. How much population in a server do you consider as healthy? I'm pretty sure Nexon could at least earn their server maintenance fee and GMS2 team salary, being optimistic and thinking people are spending money to get those merets that is.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY

So you are saying about quarter of the existing players remaining, good portion of the recorded players being bots, is a good sign. Good amount of people frustrated and logging into other games after the daily activities, possibility of losing them by "uninstalling"" in the near future as you'd say. Divide that by the number of our servers. So let's see. How much population in a server do you consider as healthy? I'm pretty sure Nexon could at least earn their server maintenance fee and GMS2 team salary, being optimistic and thinking people are spending money to get those merets that is.

You worry too much about other things you can't control rather than what you can control. A decline in population happens in every game because people test out games when they are new. People who are complaining are players who are struggling in a casual game. Get better and stop being a baby.
  • Bluefenix24Bluefenix24
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
This discussion has been closed.