Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

"State of the Game Week 5" by Jungsoo Lee

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 67,860
Administrator
edited 7:27PM November 13, 2018 in Team Blogs
Dear Maplers,

This week’s blog covers a very important aspect of the Chaos Rising update. The team here and the Dev studio were generally surprised at how the Chaos Rising update has impacted the general sentiment in the game. We have been reviewing your feedback and all of the differing opinions and are exploring a few changes.

Before we go into the changes, we would like to clarify the design philosophy behind the Chaos Raids. Chaos Raids are supposed to be high-skill end-game content for MapleStory 2, with a strict time limit that calls for much better execution compared to the current Hard Adventure Dungeons. What we have learned is that many players were expecting another tier of dungeons which could be reliably cleared with players that meet the Gear Score requirements, similar to Hard Adventure Dungeons.

Because of that initial view, and because the Gear Score requirements were set at a level where a team of highly-skilled players could theoretically complete the raids, we saw many players disappointed that they might need to return to Hard Adventure Dungeon runs and not be able to enjoy the new content yet, and also the high skill requirements have created an impression that +13, +14 or even higher enchantments are necessary for raids, putting even more pressure on players. Also, the end of the Dungeon Delight Events has caused progression to feel even slower, and that getting +13 or higher takes too long.

We have been reviewing many different channels to collect feedback, identifying issues you are experiencing and discussing potential improvements. We’ve learned a lot from your feedback, not only for the Chaos Raid design but also related to other aspects of the current progression system. Please see below for some noted issues we are working on improving:

1. The gap between Hard Adventure Dungeons and Chaos Raids feels too large, due to high skill requirements
  2. Chaos Raids feel almost impossible at the current Gear Score requirements
  3. With the current end-game structure, there aren’t enough things to do to progress, and players are not feeling a sense of progression after daily dungeon runs.
  4. Due to a focus on optimized progression, “The Fire Dragon” is the only dungeon players want to play, which makes progression feel even more repetitive
  5. Players need more things to do besides Dungeon runs, and a lot of content in the game feels underused

We do see many complaints regarding RNG, but we think the core issue may be that players are not seeing enough Return on Investment (ROI), and we will address this feedback in relation to the end-game structure (see #3 above) discussion.

We are still working on solutions, but there will be some detailed info coming soon, and we are planning to make improvements with the upcoming update during December. For now, we’d like to discuss a few high-level directions. What we discuss here is not final and is still work in progress, but we wanted to share and gather feedback on the general direction.

Chaos Raid

Chaos Raids will be unchanged, with high skill and control required to clear the Raid. Also, even after the change, the raids will continue to reward the best items.

That being said, we are trying to find a solution which can fill the gap between Chaos Raids and Hard Adventure Dungeons, so that players who are trying to seek for more content to enjoy, with different rewards than Hard Adventure Dungeons, can experience more intriguing and challenging content with other players.

Gear Progression

The current system will stay similar, but we will create a more fine-tuned way to get the materials needed to gear up for Chaos Raids. For example, this might include a weapon box type of reward from dungeons. A few other things you should expect:
  • December Update
    • With the Sky Fortress update, you will gain access to different ways to gather resources, outside of dungeon runs
    • We’re looking into revamping Hard Adventure Dungeons to help players more smoothly progress with an improved reward structure
  • This Week’s Maintenance
    • Players who cannot log in 5+ days a week are seeing even slower progress. As such, we will be increasing the daily cap to 15 from 10. This will be applied with this week’s maintenance and will let players run up to 30 runs a day when using the Dungeon Limit Reset.

We are looking to create more ways to let players progress in a more entertaining way, without needing alts, and also allow players to enjoy all the different types of dungeons the game currently offers.

Until December

Because we do see players struggling after the Chaos Rising update, and because those who join us with December’s update will be experiencing a better and smoother progression system, we are going to take a few small actions to support those trying to get geared up for Chaos Raids now:
  • Daily Cap increase to 15, weekly remains 30 (60 with Dungeon Limit Reset)
  • A login event starting this weekend, with Epic Armor Bonus Value Re-rollers Box, Hard Adventure Weapon Selection Boxes, Exquisite Armor Selection Boxes, Absolute Accessory Selection Boxes. Further details will be announced later this week!

The upcoming changes require thorough testing and careful balancing, and we are going through detailed discussions now and will provide more information very soon. For players who are already enjoying the current Chaos Raids, I assure you that the content and the achievements you and your guilds have made will stay the same, and for those working towards the raids, you will see good changes that will let you progress smoother, with a improved reward structure and other improvements.

Other Things to Discuss

We are also working on some more quality of life improvements. This includes potential changes related to the Dash skill for the Priest class and a change in default guild size.
  • Priest: The Priest Dash skill has been tuned best to move toward other players for better healing support in parties but we are hearing that with Chaos Raids and control requirement, this feature is making it harder for Priests to avoid damage during high-difficulty situations. We’d like to open this topic up for discussion in our official forum thread.
  • Guild Improvements: We are discussing changing the initial size of the guild from 30 to 50, and we are reviewing additional improvements to the guild leader functions.
  • 10053 Error: We have confirmed there was a significant improvement with this error, and we are still reviewing reports from the players who are still experiencing issues. Please let us know if you are still experiencing problems.
  • Meso Sellers: We have identified characters which seem to be bank accounts for some of the meso sellers, and put a trade-ban on those accounts in case we have false positives. We are also continuing to ban huge numbers of bots on a daily basis. We are adding more features with every update which, while we cannot detail them publicly, hope to increase the number of bans and identify bots before they can get to Adventure Dungeons.
  • New UGC: New UGC weapon templates are in works, and we are aiming to add more during the December update.
  • Housing improvements in review: We are reviewing a few improvements for housing. Once we have more details, will share them with you.
  • Joddy Squad improvements: We are going to make improvements and announce criteria for our official content creator partner program in upcoming weeks.

As always, thank you for being an awesome community and for continuing to provide us with constructive feedback! We believe in the game and the community and hope to make a success together as a team.

Sincerely,
Jungsoo Lee
AlfyieBlasteroidClericeruBuuuuuutwhYExigaAdartaerValrosMintyliciousLießCubeNooband 5 others.

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,315
    edited 7:33PM November 13, 2018
    Reversing UGC Relisting Inflation should be on that list... what a shame. It's such a scam now too.
    Cariseimirta000M4XXJicu
  • MushroomMurderMushroomMurder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,370
    I believe it would be better to have either RNG progression or Time-Gated progression, not both. It feels bad min-maxing everything perfectly only to be blocked completely due to RNG with no alternatives besides waiting next week. The system as it now does not allow anyone to grind for their end-game gears and leaves it all in the hands of RNG. I would suggest either to remove dungeon limits entirely or to remove the RNG aspects of enchanting. I do not believe Chaos Raids are the problem, they only exacerbated the situation. The players who failed to get their +13 and up enchantments due to RNG are now locked from engaging with the new content. Those that were lucky enough to get their +14's and +15's are now widening the gap between those that were lucky and those that were not. Many of whom are now selling runs for an exorbitant amount of money, which only furthers the Meso Seller problems.
    wrexnfxCariseiTexZeroClericeruDanDKRageQytmirta000SibyllTeSalveiLießand 5 others.
  • admonituadmonitu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,305
    Gear score isn't everything.

Believe or not, I can actually deal with enchanting. Sure I fail and gain like 20-40 fail stacks, but I know that with each fail, I gain some advantages in the future through the fail stacks. I think the enchanting system is pretty fair and this wall is probably necessary.

What really demotivates me is the odds of getting decent bonuses on the gear and accessory. This game is filled with useless gear bonuses and I bet devs probably know it. I think players should have more control over what bonuses to roll on their gear. It's either get lucky with B4 or grind world bosses all day for green and blue crystals. Or, you just grind the same dungeon over and over again just to watch gear drops with pitiful bonuses.

But let's say that the current system for rerolling bonuses on your gear is fair. Even if you get the bonuses you want on your gear, you have yet another RNG, which is the range of possible values. Piercing on accessory starts from like 0.3 to 3%. I kid you not, I've gotten an earring with Piercing and Boss damage and I was about to be scream with joy, but then realized that it rolled with 0.3% Piercing and 1.5% boss damage. Are you kidding me? 0.3% Piercing when it could be as high as 2-3%. I burned millions of mesos for obtaining epic earrings and when I finally get over the RNG of rolling the right stats, I encounter another barrier in the form of value range. The boss damage also rolled with terrible value since the lowest possible is like 1% if I'm correct.

Do you really think people just need +13 +14, or +15 gear? Try +11 but with properly rolled bonuses on their gear and accessories. I'm talking about the right amount of Piercing, Physical/Magical Piercing, Melee/Ranged damage, Boss Damage, Accuracy, etc. No wasted bonus. That will probably help us much better than some raw damage from higher enchantment. A lag-free server will probably contribute 10-20% more DPS to those who suffer from it. Right use of buff items and epic pets will more than make up for missing 1 or 2 enchantment level on your weapon - if you can disseminate this info to wider audience.

ZazankaFantasykittenSherriHellser
  • HaliHali
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,580
    edited 7:55PM November 13, 2018
    With the current end-game structure, there aren’t enough things to do to progress, and players are not feeling a sense of progression after daily dungeon runs.
    Um no? We aren't feeling a sense of progression because you time gate us and keep having us get worthless drops our class can't use.

Due to a focus on optimized progression, “The Fire Dragon” is the only dungeon players want to play, which makes progression feel even more repetitive
    But we don't want to run this dungeon lol, we have to run this dungeon for our weapon dupes for enhancing past +10.

We do see many complaints regarding RNG, but we think the core issue may be that players are not seeing enough Return on Investment (ROI), and we will address this feedback in relation to the end-game structure (see #3 above) discussion.
    Yes we are not seeing a return on investment because we get unwearable gear half the time.

With the Sky Fortress update, you will gain access to different ways to gather resources, outside of dungeon runs
    It's the gear dupes that is the issue, not the resources if you think its Onyx we are complaining about.

Players who cannot log in 5+ days a week are seeing even slower progress. As such, we will be increasing the daily cap to 15 from 10. This will be applied with this week’s maintenance and will let players run up to 30 runs a day when using the Dungeon Limit Reset.
    I don't see how this is remotely useful other then making half the playerbase log in even less per week but ok.

A login event starting this weekend, with Epic Armor Bonus Value Re-rollers Box, Hard Adventure Weapon Selection Boxes, Exquisite Armor Selection Boxes, Absolute Accessory Selection Boxes. Further details will be announced later this week!
    Meh thanks but this isn't a solution, it is just a temp giveaway if your playing the game atm.
    CariseiHowlyeClericeruWliamirta000CurkyTeSalveiLießFantasykittenLaiceand 3 others.
  • RoxxRoxx
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,105
    Log In Event is literally useless if the stats on the gear we get is still rng.

Ppl allready have full Exquisite Armor (just mostly stats thats why it gets replaced with certain blue itmes with good stats)
    Ppl allready have full Absolute Accessory ( just totaly useless stats on it thats why it gets replaced with better blues from blackmarket/crafting)
    Ppl allready have their Hard Adventure Weapon (just useless stats or fkn rng that doesnt let them get higher upgrades)

the Value reroll scroll is only usefull if we have good stats, but its still RNG if the value increases or decreases.

"We do see many complaints regarding RNG, but we think the core issue may be that players are not seeing enough Return on Investment (ROI), and we will address this feedback in relation to the end-game structure (see #3 above) discussion."

not sure if serious or troll, but because of the rng their is not enough RoI

Person A. can run 100 times Beyond link and get 0 Kanduras Pendant,
    Person B can run 100 times Beyond Link and has 5 Kanduras Pendant,
    which results allready in a HUGE progression gap for ppl that put the same amount of effort into it.

we dont mind running dungeons 100 of time as long as the reward is the same for everyone and not based on fkn RNG.

why not just make it similiar to the Prestige Lvl, like a reward track.
    i.e Running Lubelisk 30 times, gives u 100% the Horns after fnishing the 30th run, and after 60 ull get the Wings 100% (then after 90 runs Horns again, after 120 Runs Wings and so on)
    CariseiBlasteroidClericeruDanDKRageQytmirta000CurkyExigaLießFantasykittenand 6 others.
  • ClericeruClericeru
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,770
    Do appreciate being listened to. I'm not going to comment any further on anything until the event occurs. However, I fear that the answer to our RNG problems doesn't lie in gifting us with more RNG.
    Roxxmirta000CurkyMintyliciousLießFantasykittenWliaBananaCatAzureyHellser
  • CaptrixCaptrix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 955
    edited 9:02AM November 14, 2018
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    Dear Maplers,

I've got a fine example of the RNG that is making players unhappy. This is kind of RNG:

8e6d9d34f1cbeae435e2408311720d88.png

Since double piercing is so powerful in the Chaos Raids, players slog through hundreds of dungeon runs to get the fabled double piercing weapon. Some get it early on, others like myself have never seen it. So we give up on RNG somehow "blessing" us with good rolls. Thus, we begin to enchant a weapon that has at least some form of good stats to use for raids. In order to continue trying for +15, we have to continually run 1-2 dungeon for weapon copies to sacrifice to the Goddess Ophelia, bearer of the enchant RNG. She has a sister but currently no one speaks of her name except in whispers.

While grinding through these dungeons for copies, it's like RNG finally shows up. RNG: "Oh, I see you don't have that piercing bow and already reached +14. Would be a shame of it just happen to, I don't know, drop now."

When it does finally happen, after all this enchanting on a different weapon. I shouldn't feel pissed off and dismal at getting what is clearly a better weapon. Except, I am pissed off. All those enchanting materials, bows, etc now feel like a complete waste. That all my efforts were a waste of time and now I must repeat it. Or I must grind out meso to buy all the onyx crystals to slightly lower my time invested into grinding out and focus on solely extra bows for sacrifice to the new bow.

Edit addition:
    While RNG can have it's place in the game, at the current standing the big issue with the RNG on bonus attributes is this. There are too many bonus attributes that are dead on arrival stats.

Examples:
    2250a3228ed8949b70696e6192231967.png

Image Source: http://www.maplestory2guide.com/EquipmentStats

Armor has way too many of these dead on arrival attributes and are too specific for their own good. You would need to roll too many of one specific attribute before it became of any use and only useful in particular instances like fire damage reduction for Fire Dragon.
    RageQytmirta000ClericeruCariseiFantasykittenWliaSherriAzureyHellserRaruth
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,220
    edited 12:21AM November 14, 2018
    and also the high skill requirements have created an impression that +13, +14 or even higher enchantments are necessary for raids, putting even more pressure on players

People that are running full +15 man groups have difficulty keeping up with the pure DPS requirements even during the first two phases of the first raid while doing constant damage output. You're speaking as if you don't even need a +13 to clear it (indeed, the recommended requirements say +11). Instead of just making these claims, how about proving your words? During the livestream we saw that your own team couldn't even pass phase 2 before giving up. How are you able to test these things in-game? Do you even have any clue how the raid actually works other than what people on the forum are saying about it?
    And yes, I'm sure people with +13 and perfect rolls on every other piece of equipment could clear it easily, which is by the way still way above your recommendation of '+11'. But for the average player this is not the scenario. Also did you know that a +15 weapon does more than double the damage of a +11? How exactly is skill supposed to compensate for the fact that there is not even enough theoretical damage to finish?
    [*]Guild Improvements: We are discussing changing the initial size of the guild from 30 to 50

Do. Not. Do. This.
    The current system with limited slots allows for social and casual guilds to exist, be relevant and not overshadowed by hardcore competitive ones. I know that at least in EU, smaller guilds are currently struggling with inactivity as the initial hype is dying off and people are coming to terms with the reality of the game's content, especially after the recent updates. This means that they already have trouble filling up their existing slots.
    In contrast, larger guilds are becoming more and more dominant, largely decided by their ability to clear raids. People are queueing up on waiting lists and leaving less hardcore guilds just so they can join in on the power. These large guilds do not have any issues with more members than they can fit in, many of them have separate guilds for alts and trial members.
    Right now the game's member limit is directing excess flow towards the smaller guilds ensuring that there is at least some kind of trickle-down effect. If you implement this change, small guilds will suddenly have a huge gap they cannot fill (trying to blend 20 random people in an established community is a recipe for disaster) while the large guilds will just bolster their ranks with more elite members making their position even more prevalent for future recruitment. In the end, you're going to create a community where anyone who wants any progress feel compelled to join powerhouse guilds and adhering to their terms while everybody else will be reduced to second-class or purely dead.
    mirta000ExigaCariseiLießFantasykittenWliaAzureyHellserRaruth
  • WliaWlia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 955
    edited 4:51AM December 2, 2018
    disabled
    mirta000CurkyLießRaruth
  • RageQytRageQyt
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 320
    edited 12:40AM November 14, 2018
    Hali wrote: »
    With the current end-game structure, there aren’t enough things to do to progress, and players are not feeling a sense of progression after daily dungeon runs.
    Um no? We aren't feeling a sense of progression because you time gate us and keep having us get worthless drops our class can't use.

Due to a focus on optimized progression, “The Fire Dragon” is the only dungeon players want to play, which makes progression feel even more repetitive
    But we don't want to run this dungeon lol, we have to run this dungeon for our weapon dupes for enhancing past +10.

Yes we are not seeing a return on investment because we get unwearable gear half the time.

With the Sky Fortress update, you will gain access to different ways to gather resources, outside of dungeon runs
    It's the gear dupes that is the issue, not the resources if you think its Onyx we are complaining about.

Players who cannot log in 5+ days a week are seeing even slower progress. As such, we will be increasing the daily cap to 15 from 10. This will be applied with this week’s maintenance and will let players run up to 30 runs a day when using the Dungeon Limit Reset.
    I don't see how this is remotely useful other then making half the playerbase log in even less per week but ok.

A login event starting this weekend, with Epic Armor Bonus Value Re-rollers Box, Hard Adventure Weapon Selection Boxes, Exquisite Armor Selection Boxes, Absolute Accessory Selection Boxes. Further details will be announced later this week!
    Meh thanks but this isn't a solution, it is just a temp giveaway if your playing the game atm.

I agree with almost every single thing this USER has said!

I will give my thoughts on each one of the points he touched up on
    Time gate has to go! No question about it I hate capping my runs and either having to put MS2 away or simply play alt's which I prefer less than my main.
    THIS IS NOT ACCURATE I am SICK of running FD run's but I am not lucky with RNG I am still stuck on +13 and I swear to GOD I have gotten fewer guns i AM A HG MAIN (this week than any other week ever) and more unusable weapon gear making this DUNGEON more and more hated as I can't even get guns for dupes! to UPGRADE MY WEP!! Maybe allow us to use any dungeon weapon as parts to enchant so we're not forced to PLAY the same dungeon over and over again and make the base wep the selecting bonus!?
    I have to dismantle 95% of all armors of all gear found in dungeons MINUS my own wep type unless it's on a dungeon I am just WASTING runs on for better drops! looking at you LUBE/RUNETEMPLE/TRIST I run FD not because I want to but because I HAVE TO and every day that goes by I am regretting the decision I made( TO USE A MURPOGOTH WEP) after watching streamers play this game to. FARM FD why because that dungeon was going to allow for CHAOS DEVORAK.
    So I am still stuck running FD'S AND totally mind numbed!
    Yep it's the weapon parts and the fact we need the same weapon so we're forced to run the same DUNGEON!

I think this is fine I just hate being forced to run the same dungeon... and with the other issues I have listed about I may still have issues hitting the 15 a day in one dungeon... CAUSE I have to not cause I want to. REMOVE TIMEGATE!!!
    I believe it would be better to have either RNG progression or Time-Gated progression, not both. It feels bad min-maxing everything perfectly only to be blocked completely due to RNG with no alternatives besides waiting next week. The system as it now does not allow anyone to grind for their end-game gears and leaves it all in the hands of RNG. I would suggest either to remove dungeon limits entirely or to remove the RNG aspects of enchanting. I do not believe Chaos Raids are the problem, they only exacerbated the situation. The players who failed to get their +13 and up enchantments due to RNG are now locked from engaging with the new content. Those that were lucky enough to get their +14's and +15's are now widening the gap between those that were lucky and those that were not. Many of whom are now selling runs for an exorbitant amount of money, which only furthers the Meso Seller problems.

THIS GUY IS ALSO ON THE MONEY with what he said!

More rewards are fine sidenote if you're going to make b4 run's as rare as winning the lottery than you need to incorporate some type of payment system for those selling these run's so people stop scamming others! Scamming is happening and I am getting pretty sick of it.
    Also please consider making Rusted keys not go up in cost after using them so we can keep trying for b4 keys at 100k a piece NOT 100/300/500 ECT how are we supposed to do our 10 daily B1's a day on this type of TimeGate? OR PAY EXTRA GATE

I will say thanks for hearing us mostly and working to fix things BIG THUMBS UP here but if you can take 1 thing from my rant. Take this ALLOW ALL or just your class specific WEAPONS FROM ANY DUNGEON TO BE USED AS RESOURCE MATERIAL for sacrificing by doing this we are no longer FORCED TO RUN THE SAME DUNGEON UNTIL OUR EYES OR FINGERS BLEED OR BOTH!
    Fantasykitten
  • yudcyudc
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 905
    edited 8:11AM November 14, 2018
    Chaos Raids feel almost impossible at the current Gear Score requirements

because it is when you don't take gems, pets, and attributes in account with only the recommended +11

because people who have 14- murpagoth are stuck there until it's +15

Meso Sellers: We have identified characters which seem to be bank accounts for some of the meso sellers, and put a trade-ban on those accounts in case we have false positives. We are also continuing to ban huge numbers of bots on a daily basis. We are adding more features with every update which, while we cannot detail them publicly, hope to increase the number of bans and identify bots before they can get to Adventure Dungeons.

obviously do something about the buyers

I'm just going to call it now that the next thing people are going to complain about are 300m+ epics
    Fantasykitten
  • RufusNoKitsuneRufusNoKitsune
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 555
    The Games need a Real antibot protection and ban all mesos Seller. Make Dungeons are imposible if the other players are bots .
    Fantasykitteniinferno
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,795
    edited 1:15AM November 14, 2018
    RNG ruins it big time and honestly while I'm waiting for December update to see what they do, I don't see this changing.

Hard dungeons feel monotonous and boring. You run them for your full weekly runs and have enough Onyx to try your weapon upgrade maybe 4-5 times? They all fail and you're just sitting there for another week. I can't get past +9 to +10. Eventually I'll have enough failstacks to put it at 100%, but me being a casual player ("casual" I have like 4-5h a day on this), I don't see myself catching up or ever raiding.

However if I wanted to lets say raid in FFXIV, it would take me 2-3 weeks to get to the iLvl that everyone is at and start raiding, despite not playing Stormblood practically at all.

Raids are supposed to be hard skill wise, not entry requirements wise.
    ClericeruCariseiLießFantasykitten
  • SwitheSwithe
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 460
    Fixing Priests:
    Have you considered having two dashes? have a "tap" dash and a "hold" dash. I'm not sure whichw ay round people would prefer it, but for example if you tap the button youll use it like normal; go to a teammate. if you hold the button, youll ignore teammates and do the full dash.

Farming gear:
    Also its been said to death, but yeah. the timegate has to go. I dont have issues with the raid itself, i have isues with being completely unable to earn my way in due to terrible luck with drops and upgrades. In an ideal world we'd have x2 drops and no timegate (rewards just feel too slow each run), but thats probably overkill. another option would be to let us use any weapon to upgrade gear. For example if im an archer and i get a gun drop, i cant use that. instead of making it 1/4 of a bow, let me use it as upgrade fodder for my 10+ bow.

FD spam:
    you mention we're getting weapon select boxes as a daily event? why not just make these the dungeon rewards. let us choose any weapon from any dungeon to encourage people to run different dungeons.
    mirta000Exiga
  • Mroz123Mroz123
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 495
    It might be very unusual for you but some people don't have a time to run 9 dungeons each day. I even think the daily limit should be 30 so it would be possible to run all 60 dungeons during weekend if someone has no time during a week.

Exiga
  • VaronthVaronth
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 645
    edited 2:45AM November 14, 2018
    I already wrote this on reddit, but I guess it doesn't harm to also write this here, considering this is an official post:

I don't think that the current gating mechanic are the real problem. They just amplify the underlying problem of upgrades themselves which is the exponential gains.

As it is right now, the first 10~11 upgrades might aswell not exist. They give so little compared to the final upgrades.

An example. The difference between a +0 and a +1 weapon is 2% damage. Meanwhile the difference between a +14 weapon and a +15 weapon is 20%.
    That exponential gain should be redone into linear gain. Take the current bonus attack of a +15 weapon. Divide that by 15. This is the new power gain per upgrade. Just simple linear gain. A +15 weapon is still stronger than a +11, but the difference isn't as massive as it is right now.

With such a linear gain, a +11 weapon would still deal about 27% less damage than a +15 weapon. 27% is still huge potential, but at least that is comparable. Right now the difference is more like 60%.

So sure, you can lighten the randomness factor when upgrading, you can lighten the timegate aspect of it, but none of this does change that the actual useful upgrade are at the end of it, and that those upgrades aren't something for the most hardcore players but that those upgrades are actually mandatory.

Also to the guy that wants to ban meso buyers. Why not ask for ban scrolls in the merit shop? Atleast the game devs themselves are then profiting of the buyable ban, considering that everyone could anonymously buy you some meso and get you banned.
    ShangheiliNachoCheeseRaruth
  • ClericeruClericeru
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,770
    edited 3:10AM November 14, 2018
    @NXACuddles Is it possible to get a question answered?

When obtaining loot, is the chance of getting a particular bonus attribute completely random (each one has the same percentage chance) and is the value also completely random (again does each value have the same percentage chance)? Is it the same for weapon attack? Just trying to do some math :)
    Thendriks
  • TeSalveiTeSalvei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 685
    Yes, this is very annoying. You go over 70 times and you can not even get the status of your weapon. So besides you do not have a good weapon, you also lack the accessories that other dungs can drop. I still think using equal weapons from other dungs to enchant from the +10 is not a problem. At least we will have the option to play in different dungs.
    ExigaCariseiRageQyt
  • ExigaExiga
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,055
    edited 4:39AM November 14, 2018
    Thank you so much for talking with us about this serious issue. This is more of a collective of issues than one specific, but after reading the blog post I feel like you've narrowed the issues down and managed to pin-point the current problems. I also believe that the huge variety of activities MS2 has to offer should play a big part in helping you reach end-game content.

Here are some suggestions:

* Have non-meret (only manual or voucher) fishing grant onyx and a rare chance of epic items
    * Give players the ability to "tip" non-meret (only manual or voucher) music performers with onyx while they play, thus giving them up to a certain number of onyx per day if they like what they hear
    * Manual gathering will rarely grant onyx/epic items
    * Rarely grant onyx/epic items from mini-games
    * Grant onyx/epic items from world bosses!
    * Grant onyx with a rare chance for epic items everytime a player nominates your house

These solutions will make sure that dungeons are a good, but not the only way, to progress through the game. Many other things you can do in the game will also give you progress in enchanting, and that will make every day feel rewarding, even if you just play some music or work on your house. I believe players feel like they are not a part of the game when only a certain number of players can enjoy Chao Raids, but that way, every player will feel like they are taking part with the new systems, and progressing towards them in their own way.
    SibyllRaruth
  • mirta000mirta000
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,795
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/9wxgak/really_makes_you_think/?sort=top

thoughts on changing how OP pets are?
    Also why did Joddy squad members get items given to them directly from the devs?
    Ließ