Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Anyone else losing motivation to play?

Comments

• SpiritAnimalSpiritAnimal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 835
    I was about to write a giant rant page but I digress. The problems are clear and I’m only tolerant of the situation because I have a guild/IRL friends that play this game with me.

However if I was a solo player I’d probably have quit by now. Just too much time wasted grinding everyday and having no gear progression. Let’s be real here everyone wants to make progress and fail stacks isn’t progress.
    DximusILLyasvir
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    yeah, i'm very close to uninstalling this theres no progress, just alot of time and effort in the toilet at this point and w.e changes they plan are just garbage at this point.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Not surprised. Happens in a lot of MMOs after raids come out. Weeds out the casuals who lose motivation fast.
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Not surprised. Happens in a lot of MMOs after raids come out. Weeds out the casuals who lose motivation fast.

I wouldn't consider myself casual at all, I've spent a massive amount of time doing every dungeon possible every week and my dps isn't good enough for cdev.

If anything it weeds out anyone not buying gold from goldsellers for gear.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560

I wouldn't consider myself casual at all, I've spent a massive amount of time doing every dungeon possible every week and my dps isn't good enough for cdev.

By massive, how much are you running. Some of us run 6-9 alts, up to a maximum of 270 fire dragons a week on the first few weeks to sell onyx for gold.

Dps is dependent on how active you are. Many plus 15 players do less than plus 13 if played right. People just won't accept that it might just be themselves. Show me your gear and damage in chaos dev.
    BigBlackKappa
  • BigBlackKappaBigBlackKappa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905

what do you call "massive"? idk why players who do low amount of dng runs to average and sit around designing houses and rping ,mini games and farming trophies etc are acting suprised like oh noo i cant do cdev or my damage is not enough ,like no shet sherlock u guys have below avg to avg gear and stats and dont know how to play properly but keep deluding themselves into thinking theyve dumped a ton of time into the game hardcore grinding and getting proper gears and such and have some unrealistic expectations smh.