CM Kyrios explains the team's plans moving forward!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45796/

Remove daily cap

facefacefaceface
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
in Suggestions and Feedback
I don't mind the weekly cap on dungeons to prevent over farm, but with the new reset button we have to dedicate 6 days out of 7 a week doing 10 runs to cap. There are some days where we have more time than others, we should be able to do as many dungeon up to the weekly cap at our own pace.
TendiezuTessadrylSnowPastelSibyllAngelicaxoxoClericeruGreenSoup2HoTidontreallyknowmanEeveroseQtz

Comments

• TessadrylTessadryl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    I support this.
  • ArikadesuArikadesu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    I agree I shouldn't have to plan my life around this game.
    Tendiezu
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
  • FlizzFlizz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    They won't do it because they just increased it to an extra 30 runs a week
  • TessadrylTessadryl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    The reason the caps exist is twofold:
    1st. It keeps players from burning out of the content for a bit longer while newer content is in development.
    2nd. It puts a cap on what to do each day, so you don't feel pressured to do them all immediately.

WoW had dungeon caps for the same reason. Many players play multiple characters, some people feel pressured that they need to achieve all of this as soon as possible on all their characters (i personally feel like crap when i remember when 1 of my characters didn't get all 30 runs the previous week). Thus the cap exist, I believe.
  • GreenSoup2HoTGreenSoup2HoT
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,300
    faceface wrote: »
    I don't mind the weekly cap on dungeons to prevent over farm, but with the new reset button we have to dedicate 6 days out of 7 a week doing 10 runs to cap. There are some days where we have more time than others, we should be able to do as many dungeon up to the weekly cap at our own pace.

Was about to make a thread about this. I have 2 solutions.

1: Change the weekly reset button to a daily reset button that can be used 3 times (can be used in a row).

For me to get the most usage of the weekly reset im basically forced to do 10 dungeons every day after Thursday. In the Eastern time zone, weekly reset is Thursdays at 7pm (previously 8pm before daylight savings thing). So i can do 10 dungeons Thursday Night, Friday Night and Saturday night. Then reset for 10 more Saturday Night / Sunday Morning then do another 10 Sunday Night. Then i can hold my last 10 runs for Thursday before 7pm (harder to find a group since its right before reset where most have weekly dungeons capped).

Thats a lot of time investment though. Would be much nicer if i could do the following:

Thursday Night 10 runs.
    Friday Night 10 runs + 30 runs (3 daily resets).
    Saturday Night 10 runs.
    Sunday-Thursday Reset 10 runs.

Nice thing is i can swap it up also.

This also means you could do 40 dungeons the day before reset. Where currently only 20 would be possible.

2: Change the daily limit to 15.

This makes it so i can do more runs in a day but not need to rework the other systems. I could run 15 dungeons Thursday night, then 15 dungeons Friday night, use my reset button, continue with 15 dungeons either on same Friday night / Saturday morning. Then i have Saturday Night till Thursday Reset to do last 15 dungeons.

If i miss some time, i can get 30 dungeons in before reset in 1 day. Which is not too bad.

• LervayneLervayne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 330
    Tessadryl wrote: »
    The reason the caps exist is twofold:
    1st. It keeps players from burning out of the content for a bit longer while newer content is in development.
    2nd. It puts a cap on what to do each day, so you don't feel pressured to do them all immediately.

WoW had dungeon caps for the same reason. Many players play multiple characters, some people feel pressured that they need to achieve all of this as soon as possible on all their characters (i personally feel like crap when i remember when 1 of my characters didn't get all 30 runs the previous week). Thus the cap exist, I believe.

These 2 points are having a reverse effect on me.
    I'm burned out by gear stagnation for 2-3 weeks.
    I can't be arsed anymore to even do dungeons because 1st point.
  • Akuma_no_TsubasaAkuma_no_Tsubasa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 910
    I can agree,

since we already have a weekly limit a daily limit on top does not make much sense. You don't progress "faster". All you do is blockout people that can't invest into a daily gameplay. People that can only play on weekends might have a chance this way to join the rest of the game.
  • GreenSoup2HoTGreenSoup2HoT
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,300
    edited 11:03AM November 11, 2018
    I can agree,

since we already have a weekly limit a daily limit on top does not make much sense. You don't progress "faster". All you do is blockout people that can't invest into a daily gameplay. People that can only play on weekends might have a chance this way to join the rest of the game.

Well maplestory is sort of built as a daily game. Daily missions. Daily specials (like extra gathering tuesdays). Auto gathing and teleporting (premium taxi). Its not hours every day but like 10 minutes a day for the little things.

I don't disagree with the main focus tho. I'd prefer to do all my dungeons in 1 play session then go off and train(if it was worth it)/lvl pets.