Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

LESS DPS Then from before the patch?

LastTourniquetLastTourniquet
Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,185
edited 3:47PM November 8, 2018 in Thief
Is anyone else getting similar or LOWER numbers than from before the raid patch? Weren't we suppose to be getting buffed? What the hell happened? Keep in mind they showed a 25% damage increase for Thiefs.
  1. How is your damage after patch?46 votes
    1. Its Better than it was prior to the patch
       54% (25 votes)
    2. Its the Same as it was prior to the patch
       33% (15 votes)
    3. Its Worse than it was prior to the patch
       13% (6 votes)

Comments

• KyuukeiKyuukei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,095
    edited 3:26PM November 8, 2018
    at firedragon I deal now 8-10k more dps
    (sure every runs works out different but overall I feel stronger.)
  • MoistNightmareMoistNightmare
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    I feel a lot stronger, I usually do 16-17m total DMG at FD and after 3 runs I consistently did 19-20m~
  • LastTourniquetLastTourniquet
    Seems like I am the only one feeling like I am doing less damage. I am certainly not feeling like I am doing more damage, maybe I just had some bad RNG.
  • EcchiOtakuTMEcchiOtakuTM
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,430
    edited 1:57PM November 9, 2018
    Are you sure your type of build got the heavy buffs?

Buffs might be more apparent to those who take haste, retailiation, or MGP. Although buffs should have happened regardless of not using these, but then again could just be really unfortunate RNG. Have experienced better damage here.
  • SentineIsSentineIs
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Exactly, passive skills got buffed. It doesn't make sense that you would be doing less though. I'm getting 10k more dps then before, so its a huge step up for me.
  • ZantetsukenZantetsuken
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 925
    If you want to see the results, spend more skill points into passives.
    The build I was using at the time was 10 points into Haste and 5 points into Retaliation with a fairly regular proc of Retaliation. But again it might have been bad RNG. That said I still am not seeing an improvement or at least not a noticeable one from before the update.
  • SentineIsSentineIs
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Maybe you were just god-like before and you have now regressed now that thieves got buffed? :D
    SentineIs wrote: »
    Maybe you were just god-like before and you have now regressed now that thieves got buffed? :D

That is entirely possible. Maybe my Mythical powers of RNG were taken away from me...
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,470
    well, I did at least 5k more on mind stealer, it usually deal 14k, now I can get 18k to 20k with it in FD
  • KoeiKoei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    feels same for me, maybe its coz all are getting higher equipment and others are doing more dps too... but ya feels the same for me
  • HoodlumHoodlum
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 760
    They never showed us a 25% damage increase on thief. All they did was show a randomly generated number which was literally 1 image and you just assumed it was a 25% increase in damage. iirc all they did was make retaliation and haste a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit better.
  • UinixUinix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 900
    Hoodlum wrote: »
    They never showed us a 25% damage increase on thief. All they did was show a randomly generated number which was literally 1 image and you just assumed it was a 25% increase in damage. iirc all they did was make retaliation and haste a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit better.

You do realize those two along with meso guard was the reason why thieves did a LOT less damage than the other classes right?
  • HoodlumHoodlum
    Uinix wrote: »

You do realize those two along with meso guard was the reason why thieves did a LOT less damage than the other classes right?

You do realize every passive was overnerfed because of fair fight right? post patch haste also got buffed. It was overall a good buff. also what thief in his right mind would use meso guard to increase his damage? I suppose you could use retaliation for balrog and what not but meso guard? really?
  • UinixUinix
    edited 10:01AM November 29, 2018

You do realize every passive was overnerfed because of fair fight right? post patch haste also got buffed. It was overall a good buff. also what thief in his right mind would use meso guard to increase his damage? I suppose you could use retaliation for balrog and what not but meso guard? really?

I know every passive was overnerfed by around 10% but for thieves and priest it was overnerfed 20%~ which is why its assumed to be a "25% damage increase on thief" as stated by Jungsoo Lee on his twitter. There are "viable" thief builds which incorporate meso guard to increase damage, as it pairs fairly well with poison cuts build when priest pops hs and you just poison stack + vc spam. As time goes on, the damage is less significant, as it averages out, but with meso guard the dps should have a net increase of around 5% if done right.
  • UinixUinix
    edited 10:00AM November 29, 2018
  • UinixUinix
    edited 10:00AM November 29, 2018
  • HoodlumHoodlum

I know every passive was overnerfed by around 10% but for thieves and priest it was overnerfed 20%~ which is why its assumed to be a "25% damage increase on thief" as stated by Jungsoo Lee on his twitter. There are "viable" thief builds which incorporate meso guard to increase damage, as it pairs fairly well with poison cuts build when priest pops hs and you just poison stack + vc spam. As time goes on, the damage is less significant, as it averages out, but with meso guard the dps should have a net increase of around 5% if done right.

I suppose rank 1 meso guard could have that effect when combined with HS, yes. You could even pop a rooted strength while doing that too. thieves love HS.
  • NightThiefNightThief
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,110
    edited 10:11AM December 3, 2018
    stuff

Are you Hoodlum for Europe LOL?
  • NightThiefNightThief
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,110
    edited 10:10AM December 3, 2018
    Delete please.