Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Broken Patch Data, no repair option on launcher

KhongiKhongi
Maplestory 2 Rep: 545
in Tech Support
GaVwklX.png

Help?

I can't find a repair file option on the launcher, there is no cog wheel like there is next to other nexon games.

What can I do to fix this please?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    edited 3:41PM November 8, 2018
    Gear icon shows up for me.

ynh5HN4.png

Remember that the game cannot be running for the gear icon to show up. Try closing out of the launcher and any Nexon processes and reopening it.
  • KhongiKhongi
    edited 4:37PM November 8, 2018
    the gear isn't there for me, as mentioned, however if you click on the gear on the Maplestory (original) in there there is a icon for MS2, if you click that icon then the game folder for MS2 pops up.

However repair doesn't fix the above issue.

I get the following after trying to repair:
    8rJTPx4.png

It's going to take forever because there is service delays in my area today but downloading the game fresh, 10GB is going to be faster then getting a tech support response on patch day. Frustrating but ... you know life.
  • KhongiKhongi
    edited 7:28PM November 8, 2018
    Oh fun.

While downloading the new game, from scratch, the launcher had a pop up saying there was a new UI and I had to click to update the launcher UI.

Result:
    VSJuTF7.png

I can't even see the downloading screen now, yes I closed the whole launcher (through task manager) and when I reloaded the same blank screen greeted me.

:(

(no other game gives me so much grief)