Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Chaos raids broken?

YeeiZYeeiZ
Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
in Suggestions and Feedback
So we have a full party with gear over the requirements and we seem to have no effect on the boss.
The damage with the required weapon is WAYYY too low....
The boss doesnt drop below 90% health in all that time.
The adds are insta dying... the damage is constant... but the boss has almost full hp...

Is there a secret towards this or can we agree the boss is broken?
Let me know what you guys think.
AtoOss

Comments

• SecrotsSecrots
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,345
    My party has managed halfway in 9 or so minutes consistently. There's many mechanics to it that you have to kind of get down. Problem is our group had like 4 people who weren't keeping up dps-wise which really hurt us. To be honest, I don't think it should be nerfed, but rather the entry needs to be increased more. 4.5k GS doesn't feel enough at all.
  • YeeiZYeeiZ
    Yeah I agree on the gear score.
  • PilikenPiliken
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 745
    The gear score most likely isn't the problem. You need good secondary stats in addition to 4.5k GS to be effective in the raid. Does everyone in your team have a decent amount of pierce %, phys/magic pierce %, boss damage %, accuracy above 90? Also is everyone doing an average of 4.5M DPM?
  • YeeiZYeeiZ
    Its hard to focus on everyone else's gear. But everyone went with over +12 weapons
  • DarrithDarrith
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    4500-4900 gs team will never beat this without being carried. It’s harder than anyone expected.
  • TendiezuTendiezu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 785
    I thought this would be a cakewalk and everyone would be rubbing their loot boxes in my face right now.
  • remsrems
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 330
    What does the raid DPS meter say?
  • DanRPSDanRPS
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 710
    As some guides have said, you need at least 20% Pierce (not Phys or Mag piercing, just PIERCING) to be effective in Chaos Raids.
  • DarrithDarrith
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,380
    DanRPS wrote: »
    As some guides have said, you need at least 20% Pierce (not Phys or Mag piercing, just PIERCING) to be effective in Chaos Raids.

They said the same thing about 96 accuracy and no one in any raid I’ve seen is missing, even with 85.
    EnomotoMeso_ManRen_Partycat
  • lillucariolillucario
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,725
    The mechanics aren't the hard part of the chaos raid currently. They take some attempts to get used to them. It's the DPS requirements really. I feel they overtuned it just a bit since we had all the double drops and so they anticipated a lot of people having +13/14 weapons without much of an issue. Hard content is nice and all but it's hard because of gear rather than skill. Although it's only the first day so it may be too soon to say. We'll see over the weekend how the general community will react to the content.
    Hali
  • NigromanteNigromante
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    edited 7:20PM November 8, 2018
    Literally not even 1% of the player base have cleared the first raid after 12 hours of the release, you can check the rankings to see how many people have cleared it, if you guys thing this is ok, idk what to say, i guess nexon is going to enjoy the economic support of the 1% of the player base.
    DarrithKasorasRen_PartycatChernobyteYeeiZSourcedeauCurky
  • PilikenPiliken
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 745
    After practicing the raid with almost optimal stats, but only +13 weapon, the pugs i've been in can barely get the boss down to 50%. I've seen a few streamers clear within 12-13 minutes with +15 weapons and good secondaries so it is doable. I just wouldn't expect pugs to be able to clear for a few weeks.
    Ulukini
  • WhyWhyWhyWhy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 970
    Content wasnt suppose to be clear in a day , did a bunch of runs with my guild today , with 3 priest we can get to 50 percent with only 3 min remaining but after getting a better set up we are in time for dps , alot of mechanic need to be polish to have higher up time on dps , also knowing around when adds spawn so boss doesnt heal is big
  • CaptrixCaptrix
    edited 1:10AM November 9, 2018
    Nigromante wrote: »
    Literally not even 1% of the player base have cleared the first raid after 12 hours of the release, you can check the rankings to see how many people have cleared it, if you guys thing this is ok, idk what to say, i guess nexon is going to enjoy the economic support of the 1% of the player base.

I can speak for my guild on this matter. We have enough people to enter the raid at this time but we know that even with 10 people at the 4500 gs we won't clear it. We still have members trying to get +13 or higher weapons right now. So we chose not to bother with the raids just yet. Instead focusing on continuing hard dungeons to better our enchanting thus improving our power. That way when we do officially start to raid we will be properly prepared for it.

We also noticed that some classes were having a harder time hitting the 20% piercing (not physical/magical) base line. Mostly our Heavy Gunners and Archers since reaching the piercing passive for Archer is gated behind 9 skill points just to put only 1 point into it. And gear rolls weren't the best when it came to the RNG that is getting good bonus stats.

In all honesty though I'm kind of glad to hear that the raids are hard and that they weren't simply a cake walk for people at 4500+ or even slightly above. Would be disappointing if there was no challenge to it after all.
  • lillucariolillucario
    Captrix wrote: »
    Nigromante wrote: »

I can speak for my guild on this matter. We have enough people to enter the raid at this time but we know that even with 10 people at the 4500 gs we won't clear it. We still have members trying to get +13 or higher weapons right now. So we chose not to bother with the raids just yet. Instead focusing on continuing hard dungeons to better our enchanting thus improving our power. That way when we do officially start to raid we will be properly prepared for it.

We also noticed that some classes were having a harder time hitting the 20% piercing (not physical/magical) base line. Mostly our Heavy Gunners and Archers since reaching the piercing passive for Archer is gated behind 9 skill points just to put only 1 point into it. And gear rolls weren't the best when it came to the RNG that is getting good bonus stats.

In all honesty though I'm kind of glad to hear that the raids are hard and that they weren't simply a cake walk for people at 4500+ or even slightly above. Would be disappointing if there was no challenge to it after all.

Challenging content is definitely nice but hard solely because of gear requirements rather than actual skill. They sometimes can overlap because if you're more skilled you can sometimes do more than other people even if you have less gear than them. The mechanics in CDev are really easy to get used to after a few hours of trying but right now people are realizing that the GS they advertised is far from what is actually needed. It wouldn't be much of an issue to try and better your characters gear then try again if every bit of wasn't tied to RNG on top of limits. You don't make a fight challenging because you don't have near min/max stats on top of nearly maxed out weapon enchant.
  • JSLJSL
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    you literally cannot die and each DPS have to do around 50 mils each to clear this... this is fun :/
  • ArtimessheedArtimessheed
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,020
    This is chaos raids for a reason. It is going to be a challenge like nothing before it. My friend who had run several times in chaos raid commented that the initial goal is to SURVIVE simply for the experience of chaos raids, and only when you have that AND a +14/+15 weapon squad.
  • lillucariolillucario
    This is chaos raids for a reason. It is going to be a challenge like nothing before it. My friend who had run several times in chaos raid commented that the initial goal is to SURVIVE simply for the experience of chaos raids, and only when you have that AND a +14/+15 weapon squad.

Do you not see the issue that lies there? This is the first of 3 raids. It shouldn't require +14 minimum weapons just to get access to headpiece, shoes and gloves. If it were the absolute requirement only for CPap (which has shown by now that it definitely will) that would sense since it's for a legendary weapon. The mechanics in CDev are really easy to get the hang of after a few attempts and messing with settings so you don't get horrendous FPS lag even with a good computer. So the fight isn't even too hard mechanically wise, it's challenging gear wise. 1 of those people have control over, the other not so much.