Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Please Balance Healing Abilities in PVP

EruEru
Maplestory 2 Rep: 330
in PVP
Since playing MapleStory 2 I've come to find that I have one major complaint in PvP zones and that has to do with the huge health increase without increasing heals potency.

Classes like the Berserker have a percent based heal that allows them to quickly heal almost 50% of their total life every 4-5 seconds. While playing a priest it's nearly impossible to heal yourself while in combat through the use of your own abilities. This seems broken/unbalanced. I'm not going to make any suggestions on how you might fix it, just pointing it out.

My experiences come from when I play my priest in PvP zones to farm elites and portals. I do not have any time actually PvPing so I do not know how that plays out but I'm assuming your heals are just as useless. In short, I do NOT feel like a priest, but more like a scuffed DPS class in PvP zones. A large portion of my abilities feel lackluster and I can really only focus on DPSing with naturally poor defense compared to other classes without the capability to recover myself like I can in PvE zones.

I'm hoping this was a development oversight and not intended game play because if so I may need to consider re-rolling classes or just ignore that piece of the game entirely.
AllocPhlygoneSyrusMarufuji

Comments

• thdthd
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,370
    Eru wrote: »
    Since playing MapleStory 2 I've come to find that I have one major complaint in PvP zones and that has to do with the huge health increase without increasing heals potency.

Classes like the Berserker have a percent based heal that allows them to quickly heal almost 50% of their total life every 4-5 seconds. While playing a priest it's nearly impossible to heal yourself while in combat through the use of your own abilities. This seems broken/unbalanced. I'm not going to make any suggestions on how you might fix it, just pointing it out.

My experiences come from when I play my priest in PvP zones to farm elites and portals. I do not have any time actually PvPing so I do not know how that plays out but I'm assuming your heals are just as useless. In short, I do NOT feel like a priest, but more like a scuffed DPS class in PvP zones. A large portion of my abilities feel lackluster and I can really only focus on DPSing with naturally poor defense compared to other classes without the capability to recover myself like I can in PvE zones.

I'm hoping this was a development oversight and not intended game play because if so I may need to consider re-rolling classes or just ignore that piece of the game entirely.

Hey hun, why would you even want to use the heal as a priest in PVP zone?
    I never use my heal in PVP zone. Just go full dps, and beat the hell out of people with unlimited stuns.
  • EruEru
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 330
    edited 9:53AM November 8, 2018
    thd wrote: »
    Eru wrote: »

Hey hun, why would you even want to use the heal as a priest in PVP zone?
    I never use my heal in PVP zone. Just go full dps, and beat the hell out of people with unlimited stuns.

It seems you didn't read my post. My concern is with PvE content inside PvP zones. Whether or not you want to use heals against other players is irrelevant. The problem lies with the skills being completely useless. You do not have a choice of using them or not. You're forced to not use them because they are so bad and inefficient at what their supposed to do while in a PvP zone. Knockbacks/stuns in PvP is a whole different problem and discussion to be had.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 840
    I noticed that too. Health goes way up, but healing abilities are essentially nerfed unless you use elixirs or something with %heal; flat-point healing just isn't as effective. The healing spot is boosted, from what I can tell, but that doesn't matter much because some players seem hellbent on killing you regardless, so idling there isn't particularly useful.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,370
    edited 1:18PM November 9, 2018
    unless I hold down my healing macro throughout the whole fight with a dps friend, there's no way I can outheal the damage those monsters do and still get them killed in a reasonable time.