Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Theif - Low damage?

ArrayneArrayne
Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
in Thief
Hey Guys

Recently started playing, and went for a Thief as i have always like playing as a rogue-like character. Playing with at friend who is an assassin, and he outdamages me by miles. Im only level 28 though, which may explain some things, but i generally feel like the class has low damage. Can anyone help me shine a light on why?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Thief_DewayneThief_Dewayne
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 415
    Assassin, is the best dps in the game atm so yes you will be out damaged by miles, thief has good damage, you just have to pay attention to a lot of things to maximize damage.
    Arrayne
  • SentineIsSentineIs
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,515
    Thief underperforms a bit right now, but shouldn't be by much if you play it well. Thats the hard part, playing it well. It also is very sp dependent, something you only get with levels. But if you level up you get hit with fairfight, which affects classes that rely on passives more heavily.

Overall thief will be in a better place after nov 8th when fairfight is retuned. But for you, you just need to learn the class more and get some SP.
    Arrayne
  • anigzanigz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    Thief is top 3 DPS currently.