Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Noob's build

SAN_QSAN_Q
Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
in Thief
Note: This doesn't really fall in line with the "optimal" builds. I cannot play the other builds to an optimal level. I am lacking the required amount of brain cells and time to adequately train my muscle memory to play effectively :^) I also know I'm not supposed to run anything in a macro but I do anyways because I'm lazy but still want to play thief

go easy on me!

I'm running this build: https://arrowvulcan.github.io/MS2-Skill-Calculator/skills.html#10-6-4-0-10-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-1-0-10-1-0-0-1-0-5-10-10-3-6

SK, Vial+SA off cooldown. VC as main attack. Cunning proc generated from DS on VC or SK. CT+PE on a macro. I'm noticing that Vial+SA does more damage than SK+Deft Combatant. Is this build ok? Honestly, I have DS-VC-SK on a macro (puke) so it's super brain dead to play. On 2100GS i average 13k at FD including both stages. I'm assuming I'm not managing my skills correctly (the macro sometimes unluckies you with multiple DS cunning procs), but I swear when I take DS and VC off the macro I get like .. +500dps. Idk, I could just be bad.

Is the build passable? Not looking for peak damage.

I have one more question on the PE build - I'm assuming I DS until I get cunning so i can PE-EX, but am I supposed to also DS until a certain threshold of spirit so I can get the full rotation in? ie. 50 spirit?

thanks everyone

Comments

• SentineIsSentineIs
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,515
    SAN_Q wrote: »
    Note: This doesn't really fall in line with the "optimal" builds. I cannot play the other builds to an optimal level. I am lacking the required amount of brain cells and time to adequately train my muscle memory to play effectively :^) I also know I'm not supposed to run anything in a macro but I do anyways because I'm lazy but still want to play thief

go easy on me!

I'm running this build: https://arrowvulcan.github.io/MS2-Skill-Calculator/skills.html#10-6-4-0-10-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-1-0-10-1-0-0-1-0-5-10-10-3-6

SK, Vial+SA off cooldown. VC as main attack. Cunning proc generated from DS on VC or SK. CT+PE on a macro. I'm noticing that Vial+SA does more damage than SK+Deft Combatant. Is this build ok? Honestly, I have DS-VC-SK on a macro (puke) so it's super brain dead to play. On 2100GS i average 13k at FD including both stages. I'm assuming I'm not managing my skills correctly (the macro sometimes unluckies you with multiple DS cunning procs), but I swear when I take DS and VC off the macro I get like .. +500dps. Idk, I could just be bad.

Is the build passable? Not looking for peak damage.

I have one more question on the PE build - I'm assuming I DS until I get cunning so i can PE-EX, but am I supposed to also DS until a certain threshold of spirit so I can get the full rotation in? ie. 50 spirit?

thanks everyone

Uh, seems like this build is a bit confused on what it's trying to do. I guess minor burst with Vial and SA with dps from VC?

A hybrid build would work better here, all you have to change is using PE instead of SA, and RG. You won't have to keep reproccing SA every time its off CD, you can just PE, vial and VC till you have to reapply poison.

Or you can do the mesoguard 1 button VC + SK macro build someone posted, where you pop mesoguard, then press 1 button with VC, Cunning, SK, Haste on it, and you get decent dps averaged over a minute. Wouldn't say its that great, but it's braindead.
  • PetitPetit
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 685
    That's my mesoguard macro build and it's definitely braindead if that's what you're looking for. But then why even play thief haha. The vague conceptual idea of "skill" develops itself if you just play and stretch yourself out with complex builds. I recently reconfigured my whole skill hotbar to make it more ergonomic and I had to relearn the muscle memory, which was extremely frustrating and painful, but I just spammed FD runs until it started to feel better. Remember that inevitability is a product of determination.

Link to the macro build thread (+ a build I recommend): http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/41664/rant-build-thief-macros-suck