Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

Bot counter

facefacefaceface
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
edited 1:45AM November 6, 2018 in General Chat
Since the major way of bots making meso is farming normal dungeon, and due to their brain dead pathing algorithm its nearly impossible, or rather inefficient to run a dungeo with 4 flipping fk priest bots. They end up queuing for real players, now every time a bot/character gets vote kicked once inside a dungeon, it takes away a clear count, if they have idk say 5 vote kicks in a row, their whole week of clear counts are gone. This could impact AFK players, but I don't feel mercy for them either so, could be a potential solution to the 99.99 percent priest bot queue. I'll prob stop normal dungeoning on alts after this 2x drop is over, literally takes more time to queue than doing the dungeon LMAO.

Comments

• Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    1. Bots run dungeons just fine in around 35 minutes per tronix run,8 to 15min if you help them (they got little upgrade to theyr skill rotation now using ground aoe) Only week ago it was more like 50minutes per run.
    2.Your idea is shortsighted. Did you not stop for moment like "This would get abused by trolls" or even better,by bots?
    Atm you need only 2 votes to kick someone and from those 2 votes one can be from person that begun with vote kick.
    So lets say ME and YOU team up and get 2 bots from random que ,they kick us instantly = clear count down.
    They do it 5 times and now all your count is gone.
    There are already people abusing vote kick system to kick people at 10% boss hp just for "lulz"

Now the worst case scenario Priest bot and knight will team up,so chance for anyone that does que for dungeon to end up in this team is around 90% so they could kick all players ingame totally screwing up clear count of everyone that does not use party finder. There are more bots than players in dungeons so just 1 smaller chinese or russian boter could totally ruin dungeons for everyone. Lets say one small bot farmer does have 500 bots that is 250 groups,enough to ruin every server ingame from america to europe.

I rate your idea -10/10
    For this idea to work at least partially million things would have to get changed and go right,like for example player cooperation,people do not really kick or report bots that much. Neither would i bet any money that people know who is and is not bot 100%. I have name zf3k45as on my berseker 900 trophy 4800 gear score and people leave when they see me just for name. For me it has meaning zf3k45 was my first car and as are my initials Andrew Southermi
    RalleYTNDanDKXtonyZarozianGySgtACERezi
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    I have to agree with nanachi.
    it would get abused alot.
    DanDKMeso_ManRezi
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    This solution was only to stop the queue of bots, not to stop them as a whole. And Idk if GM are actually dealing with bot reports, I'm fairly sure there are more bot report than troll report if this solution is implemented.
  • GySgtACEGySgtACE
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    This is why we cant have nice things becuz ppl always trying take advantage
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    Most of this game's bots are super simple.

So implement "select images with" captcha for every time a player wants to enter a dungeon in a party. After a certain number of times, there's a break from it. Bam, most bots gone and only the fittest survive.
    LittlePixie
  • Techn0mancerTechn0mancer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Am I the only one that wanted to see an actual real time "bot counter" application running in this post?
    1,435,345 *scorecard flip* 1,435,555 1, 436, 112 *scorecard flip*
    ReziRalleYTN
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    edited 1:23PM November 6, 2018
    15415287649591048485405.jpg

This was in discord lol
    LittlePixieRalleYTNRezi
  • SyturioSyturio
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 565
    Rezi wrote: »
    Most of this game's bots are super simple.

So implement "select images with" captcha for every time a player wants to enter a dungeon in a party.

This is a stupid idea, and it wont work.
  • SirNeckbeardSirNeckbeard
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    The only solution to stopping the bots is a competent anti-cheat. A good anti-cheat will have very few false positives.
  • WhyWhyWhyWhy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Bot that uses Pixel recognition can easily pass by any anti-cheat
    RalleYTN
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    The only solution to stopping the bots is a competent anti-cheat. A good anti-cheat will have very few false positives.
    WhyWhy wrote: »
    Bot that uses Pixel recognition can easily pass by any anti-cheat

Exactly. Most bot programs that advertise with being "undetectable" take arround 5 screenshots per second, analyze the picture and then fake inputs to do things. To any anti-cheat program this looks like a real player seeing with his eyes and using a keyboard/mouse/gamepad to move the character.

Runescape implemented a monitor for inputs. so if your click or move the cursor as fast as no human ever could then you get automatically logged off and a temporary ban.
    Rezi