Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Lets' be Brutally Honest for Once

Comments

  • DrakesBlueDrakesBlue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,330
    Posts: 88
    Member
    If I did play a female character, I wouldn't be playing it for you. Quit thinking with the brain in your pants.
    OneConfusedMilletianLuminaEdgeReziSherri
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Posts: 128
    Member
    [img][/img]
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    Ryuna wrote: »
    Khalyk wrote: »
    I guess the real question is does anyone actually care? If you came to MS2 looking for love Ive got some bad news for you...

    I don't know why people make it seem like it is such a weird thing to find a bf/gf in an MMO. I get if you are actively searching, but if it happens naturally that you found your lover in an MMO then so be it. I met my boyfriend in Runescape. It ain't a bad thing people. :P

    Expecting the average MMO player to comprehend the social skills necessary for a LDR to develop naturally through friendship over time? Setting the bar high there don't you think?
    But seriously glad for you though! I know a couple thats married and living together now. Took 8 years to get there but i was so happy when it happened.

    Ill reiterate my response to this question earlier. Maybe in some games its fine, this is a msrb E 10+ game, if you came to THIS GAME looking for a relationship thats seriously creepy af.
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    Posts: 51
    Member
    Characters look sound and are better
    Clothing is far better and cannot be intermixed by gender so i'm stuck with females.
  • KyothemanKyotheman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Posts: 19
    Member
    thing is that female choice looks male to me, so doens't really matter our own character is "loli" basically a kid, they don't really have any feature looks "female" to me, i just like hair option, the male ones are meh. Ill probably make male knight eventually when it comes to "tank" chars do prefer male.

    is it creepy maybe, i don't care most mmo's men tend to take female char, there always people just stick to their own gender of course, but males picking girls, and girls picking males happens a lot.

    still creation should updated we should be able to make Ophelia, let me make hot loli damit
  • CryoGXCryoGX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,210
    Posts: 38
    Member
    edited 9:12AM November 8, 2018
    Agree with the "who cares" bit lmao

    I mean I don't care playing either; main character will usually be my own while other characters may differ whenever. Unless the game's gender-locked in which case I just go with whatever's most fun to me.

    To play other genders for any other reason than preference is pretty dumb; like, female characters, especially in anime-inspired games, outnumber dudes by a longshot a lot of the time. I don't think anyone's fooling anyone unless they're just really trying hard to, in which case, I ask, "why"?
  • AcheronsAcherons
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Female characters do look different though
  • Ren_PartycatRen_Partycat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,535
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited 2:35AM November 10, 2018
    I think OP is suffering from confirmation bias. The reality is that there are a lot of female characters in the game, but who cares? It's like that in every MMO because everyone likes girls. Not to mention females tend to get better designs and outfits. I don't know anything about this "females getting more leeway" thing and I honestly think it's ignorant sexism. Plenty of girls play boy characters, and plenty of boys play girl characters. If you think someone stole your spot, maybe it's because they had better stats, the party leader knew them personally or the party leader just wanted a specific class in the party. Because certain classes offer nice things to the team. Or hey, this might sound weird, but maybe party leaders get impatient and just grab whoever they think is close enough to their standards. Why does this thread have 7 pages anyways? Back in my day, my kind ignored silly posts like this. I'm sorry, but it really just looks like all OP is doing here is complaining about women. I don't let this stuff bother me, I don't care what people play or how they look, I'm just focused on progressing through the game and getting things done. That's just my two cents. Because when you have a more realistic and logical mindset, you're able to avoid fallacious delusions such as the thought of even insinuating that the opposite sex is at some sort of inherent advantage. Including those who have a feminine identity in any context. I don't want to call anyone an "incel" here but this is all so childish. Things like this are what cause people to divide themselves, causing conflict. It blinds everyone from the fact that men and women are still living, breathing earth humans all part of the same race, belonging to this same planet that we're all on. Either way, I sincerely hope you all have a wonderful day or evening after reading this.
  • AcheronsAcherons
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Ok that makes sense.
  • eckolnovkoleckolnovkol
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 315
    Posts: 11
    Member
    Most people don't seem to care in my experience. The guilds I've been in just assume gender based on in-game gender since there were a lot of people playing as their irl gender and the farthest it's ever gotten was jokes about shipping people. Personally I picked female because I didn't like any of the starter male hairstyles, and the character models are pretty androgynous. Guys want to look cute, too.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    When I play a game, I want to pick something that more closely represents the type of person I am IRL, I have always played games that way so I just pick the gender that I am. However I understand it's a game and that people want to play whatever they want to play, but to this day, I still think it's weird when I see grown men wanting to play as a female character when given the option to go male.

    That's just me though.
  • WetSocksAgainWetSocksAgain
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    Posts: 10
    Member
    Kiymori wrote: »
    I still think it's when I see grown men wanting to play as a female character when given the option to go male.

    If you think thats wierd, then I pray you never have to meet one of the freaks trying to do it in real life. You'll get crucified by SJWs if you say anything that isn't blind support these days. There's even one in the thread outright bragging about getting away with catfishing.
    I am transgender and as such, I just play as the gender I identify with most, female.

    And suddenly everyone takes his side and no one bats an eye.
  • PkmdzPkmdz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 965
    Posts: 62
    Member
    Too busy looking for green crystal and failing to get pierce on anything to pay attention to any of this.........
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 53
    Member
    edited 11:22PM December 21, 2018
    I just want to be cute.
    7ac3df15d9.gif
  • RestinChinPieceRestinChinPiece
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 710
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Nowadays I usually re-create my OC's and/or D&D characters to play as; whichever gender they happen to be outside of the game is what they end up as in character creation. :0
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    Kiymori wrote: »
    I still think it's when I see grown men wanting to play as a female character when given the option to go male.

    If you think thats wierd, then I pray you never have to meet one of the freaks trying to do it in real life. You'll get crucified by SJWs if you say anything that isn't blind support these days. There's even one in the thread outright bragging about getting away with catfishing.
    I am transgender and as such, I just play as the gender I identify with most, female.

    And suddenly everyone takes his side and no one bats an eye.

    Sadly I already have, and I stand by my principle's. I don't have to agree or support someones lifestyle and choosing not to doesn't make me 'anti whatever'. I do agree with you as well that it is sad that people are more willing to blindly support something for the sake of fitting in rather than actually using their own brain to think about something then formulating a decision based on that. A lot of the time you will hear them say they have thought about it, but the fact some of those people get angry when you say you don't support them just proves they haven't really given what they are doing much thought and have only explored the reasons as to why you should support it rather than why you don't have to support it.
  • AcheronsAcherons
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Okay that sounds interesting.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    Posts: 138
    Member
    Why was this necro'd and not locked?

    On the note of females being priests, people should realize males were almost always the leader in many religions and obviously real life religion is where cartoons and games take their "creativity" from. So yea some guys are desperate and will make any excuse to admit it.
  • eckolnovkoleckolnovkol
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 315
    Posts: 11
    Member
    Meso_Man wrote: »
    Why was this necro'd and not locked?

    On the note of females being priests, people should realize males were almost always the leader in many religions and obviously real life religion is where cartoons and games take their "creativity" from. So yea some guys are desperate and will make any excuse to admit it.

    What's so terribly wrong with guys playing female characters and vice versa? This is a video game, not a dating site.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    Meso_Man wrote: »
    Why was this necro'd and not locked?

    On the note of females being priests, people should realize males were almost always the leader in many religions and obviously real life religion is where cartoons and games take their "creativity" from. So yea some guys are desperate and will make any excuse to admit it.

    What's so terribly wrong with guys playing female characters and vice versa? This is a video game, not a dating site.

    I don't think there is anything wrong with it, I just think it's weird when you actually have the choice of what to create.
  • AsukuraAsukura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,460
    Posts: 44
    Member
    This is why I have trust issues.