Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

"Chaos Raid Update" By Jungsoo Lee and LAMBCOOK

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 66,130
Administrator
edited 11:35AM November 1, 2018 in Team Blogs
Dear Maplers,

First of all, thank you very much for taking time to read our blog and share your thoughts. Both the team here at Nexon America and the MapleStory 2 studio care about how players enjoy the game, and always try to review all the feedback and understand the core issues to provide the best solutions for any of the topics we hear from the community. Sometimes the solutions might not be the ones you were thinking of, but please understand that we also have many different things to consider when making decisions and rolling out changes.

After we revealed the structure of the Chaos Raids, by reading everyone’s feedback, we learned there was one oversight designing the content.

The current system design of Hard Adventure Dungeons assumes the Chaos Raids will have the same level of difficulty and drop the same gear as a reward.

Initially, we thought the removal of Lubelisk (as we teased during the MapleStory 2 Premiere event) was the only issue and, as a result, we announced a change to the condition to trigger the “Dungeon Hunter” buff for MSL weapons. But after thorough discussion, we came to the conclusion this is not the only issue with the MSL weapons.

We have decided to make the following change, instead of only changing the condition to trigger MSL weapons:

All weapons - Murpagoth Warrior Weapon, Ancient Rune Weapon, MSL Onyx Weapon - will have their attributes “Shadow Hunter”, “Pirate Hunter”, “Dragon Hunter” - activated when entering any of the Chaos Raids.

Please see the detailed explanation from lead designer nemi for the reason behind this change.

nemi:

The change behind the Chaos Raid structure was to ensure more players can start the Chaos Raids while making the challenge appropriate to rewards for those who can complete them. But after a thorough review of the community feedback, we realized that the previous design of Hard Adventure Dungeons and the new Chaos Raids wouldn’t mix well, especially because of the specific weapons optimized for each of the different raids. Our intention for optimized weapons for raids was to give players the freedom of choice, it was never our intention to require players to grind through every hard adventure dungeon to be well equipped for all Chaos Raids.

Players must have assumed the Chaos Raid structure would be similar to the Hard Adventure Dungeon structure, and we believe the above change is the best for everyone. If we do not change the current design, players would need to farm all three different types of weapons from Hard Adventure Dungeons, when we would like players to start enjoying Chaos Raids. Also, we see the possibility of parties only accepting players with specific weapons for each raid, which is not something the team intended to do.

Thus, we made a decision to let all three weapon types have their own buffs triggered when entering all three raids.

There can be unforeseen issues coming from three weapons having slightly different triggers within the dungeon, and the team is thoroughly testing the system to ensure all three weapons have a similar level of advantage when they are used in the Chaos Raids.
This change will be rolled out with the November 8th update. Please continue to provide us with constructive feedback and we will continue to work towards improving the game.

Sincerely,
Jungsoo Lee and Lambcook
CubeNoobPizzaBearHauven1skanderHaliSeffronTeSalveiKinotsuRaphaelOnealSecrotsand 15 others.

Comments

• CubeNoobCubeNoob
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,050
    LOVE IT we appreciate you guys putting your time into this!
    1skanderKoreangurl
  • EternalRainbowsEternalRainbows
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,055
    Recap: Hard dungeon weapons have their quad effects work for all chaos raids now.
    Murph: 36% more attack for 10 seconds.
    Ancient: 32% attack speed for 16 seconds.
    MSL: 18% more attack for 20 seconds.
    CubeNoobPizzaBear1skanderKoreangurlWallSeries
  • 1skander1skander
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,825
    I'm really happy about this change lol, saves me the cost of switching from a murpa to an MSL, *hugs onyx crystals*.
  • NameTakenNameTaken
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 230
    Ok, this makes me a little mad.
    Then can you make it so that you can use (sacrifice) either one of the three weapons to use when trying to upgrade a weapon after +10? This makes it so that it screws over the people who did the research and farmed different weapons to upgrade to use for the different chaos dungeons. You are screwing over the people who planned to do things right as specified in game.

I wouldn't ask you to reconsider, because I know the team puts a LOT of thought behind every decision. They want maplestory2 to be a success in gms and I respect that.

However the truth is - now the other weapons we settled for that has arguably worse set of attributes are useless. We spent mesos and materials to upgrade it. We spent time and effort to grind through the wrong dungeons.

Please consider the point of view of people who did the research and tried to plan for the things to come as specified in game and now screwed over because some players decided to assume things.

Thanks for reading this.
    LießGoddixa
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 31,210
    edited 12:05PM November 1, 2018
    You do realize that what you're doing now is making a complete change of the items one month after they were released and completely wrecking people's choice based on the original information given, right? This change means that anyone who have hoarded enough of the same type of weapon has just won the lottery while anyone who tried to prepare for different scenarios based on the information you originally gave are now utterly screwed because any copy of a different set is now rendered completely useless.

The least you can do is allow weapons from the different sets to also complement each other during 10+ enchantment upgrades, now that you've already chosen this road. At least this will prevent some people from randomly being left in the dust.
    Recap: Hard dungeon weapons have their quad effects work for all chaos raids now.
    Murph: 36% more attack for 10 seconds.
    Ancient: 32% attack speed for 16 seconds.
    MSL: 18% more attack for 20 seconds.

Those numbers are relatively correct I suppose but the percentages are completely different depending on your class.
    LießGoddixa
  • EternalRainbowsEternalRainbows
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,055
    NameTaken wrote: »
    Then can you make it so that you can use (sacrifice) either one of the three weapons to use when trying to upgrade a weapon after +10? This makes it so that it screws over the people who did the research and farmed different weapons to upgrade to use for the different chaos dungeons. You are screwing over the people who planned to do things right as specified in game.

I wouldn't ask you to reconsider, because I know the team puts a LOT of thought behind every decision. They want maplestory2 to be a success in gms and I respect that.

However the truth is - now the other weapons we settled for that has arguably worse set of attributes are useless. We spent mesos and materials to upgrade it. We spent time and effort to grind through the wrong dungeons.

Please consider the point of view of people who did the research and tried to plan for the things to come as specified in game and now screwed over because some players decided to assume things.

Thanks for reading this.

"There can be unforeseen issues coming from three weapons having slightly different triggers within the dungeon, and the team is thoroughly testing the system to ensure all three weapons have a similar level of advantage when they are used in the Chaos Raids."

They do realise that a weapon has more "favorable" attribute than others and are going to test around it to make it as balanced as possible.
  • NameTakenNameTaken
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 230
    NameTaken wrote: »

Thanks for reading this.

"There can be unforeseen issues coming from three weapons having slightly different triggers within the dungeon, and the team is thoroughly testing the system to ensure all three weapons have a similar level of advantage when they are used in the Chaos Raids."

They do realise that a weapon has more "favorable" attribute than others and are going to test around it to make it as balanced as possible.

That is not what I mean.

A weapon cannot be used as an upgrade material of a different weapon.

This goes against what players like me have been playing for. If a weapon becomes completely useless, we did the wrong dungeons, we wasted time grinding the limited dungeon runs that we had.
    Ließ
  • OcculoOcculo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 730
    Well before this, me and most people in my guild are just using +15 murph's anyways. We could of farmed MSL as well, but resources, time spent looking for good rolls or two good rolls wasn't worth it when resources can be saved for later use on leg weaps and such (Also rather farm for more wings/horns/necks to make more money). Yeah some people split their resources and time on multiple weapons. Should still have one of those sets at at least +14 by now though. If anything, this puts everyone on a mostly even playing field. Only bad weap no one should ever use is Ancient's. Proc effect is horrible. MSL and Murph are fairly equal. No one should really be complaining now lmao.
    KoreangurlBLAXJACCatalyst
  • KoreangurlKoreangurl
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    Occulo wrote: »
    Well before this, me and most people in my guild are just using +15 murph's anyways. We could of farmed MSL as well, but resources, time spent looking for good rolls or two good rolls wasn't worth it when resources can be saved for later use on leg weaps and such (Also rather farm for more wings/horns/necks to make more money). Yeah some people split their resources and time on multiple weapons. Should still have one of those sets at at least +14 by now though. If anything, this puts everyone on a mostly even playing field. Only bad weap no one should ever use is Ancient's. Proc effect is horrible. MSL and Murph are fairly equal. No one should really be complaining now lmao.

People will always complain for anything, get used to it.
    BLAXJACPizzaBearCubeNoobXtony
  • SeffronSeffron
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 635
    This is so good news and I want to say huge thank you for making this decision. As someone who is using Murph myself it helps me to continue a lot for progressing my weapon higher and not wasting my time and also now I can put my onyx on other places so I would be even more ready for other raids.

So once again, thank you so much! You are amazing!
  • BLAXJACBLAXJAC
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 885
    There’s no pleasing them
    PizzaBear
  • TeSalveiTeSalvei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    For people with less time to play like me, that's great news.
    ArcaniusCariseiScarly
  • RaphaelOnealRaphaelOneal
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,420
    Ignore the haters this is the best change to happen for the chaos dungeons and am pleased with the change. Currently have a +13 murgoth and rather take it to +15 then start over for a silly dungeon buff. Great going Global team keep up the good work
    PizzaBearHaliSeffronMintyliciousCubeNoobCariseiBLAXJACCatalystScarly
  • KinotsuKinotsu
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 340
    I logged into the forums for the very first time ever just to say...

THANK YOU!!!!

This is a great change! It means those of us that went the Murpagoth route didn't waste our time upgrading and spamming Fire Dragon and Labyrinthine Halls these past 2 weeks for nothing. Which means, I don't have to go as hardcore as possible trying to get the other 2 Hard Mode dungeon weapons anymore.

I can actually go outside! And see the sun! And the wife and kids!!

....Wait a minute, I don't even have a wife or children...

BUT JUST IMAGINE IF I DID, I COULD SPEND TIME WITH THEM!

BLESS
    MintyliciousArcaniusCatalystHauven
  • OcculoOcculo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 730
    Koreangurl wrote: »
    Occulo wrote: »

People will always complain for anything, get used to it.

That is very true, can't please everyone. Or they will find a reason to complain for the sake of it lmao.
  • GaiussaGaiussa
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    OK you made the Casual players happy, Now can you do something for hardcore players? Maybe some raid or dg where you need both hands, thank you!
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,085
    You could have just fixed this by keeping the weapons the same and changing your broken RNG upgrade system instead. Because that's the real reason nobody wants to have to have multiple weapons for upcoming Chaos Raids. If you didn't have the stupid upgrade system at all nobody would even care that they needed three different weapons to gear up for the raids. People would already have all three with the RNG rolls they want and be quite happy to do the dungeons in whatever order you put them. Have you tried using your upgrade system without the debug commands turned on? Have you actually spent weeks attempting upgrades with your weapons without spawning duplicates in when you run out of dungeon rewards? This is one of the more lenient upgrade systems I've seen and it's still just awful. Why would anyone want to try and have three above +12 weapons? If you understood at all what was ruining this game this wouldn't even be a post you'd have to make.
  • VinnenVinnen
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 635
    Ignore the haters this is the best change to happen for the chaos dungeons and am pleased with the change. Currently have a +13 murgoth and rather take it to +15 then start over for a silly dungeon buff. Great going Global team keep up the good work
    Kinotsu wrote: »
    I logged into the forums for the very first time ever just to say...

THANK YOU!!!!

This is a great change! It means those of us that went the Murpagoth route didn't waste our time upgrading and spamming Fire Dragon and Labyrinthine Halls these past 2 weeks for nothing. Which means, I don't have to go as hardcore as possible trying to get the other 2 Hard Mode dungeon weapons anymore.

I can actually go outside! And see the sun! And the wife and kids!!

....Wait a minute, I don't even have a wife or children...

BUT JUST IMAGINE IF I DID, I COULD SPEND TIME WITH THEM!

BLESS

It really is the worst they have been able to do.

There is no real need to have 3 different weapons, a +15 weapon is superior to a +13 weapon and with a +12 weapon and good stats is enough to beat the boss of any of the raids.

What they have done is that those who preferred money to performance have been able to take out valuable items and BIS while those who prefer performance have had to buy them or create alters to get those things.

With this change both casual players and hardcores have lost their time and only those who have given the same to go prepared for the first raid are the beneficiaries.

With this change for example I would not have done a single run to fire dragon, I would have focused on the dungeons of MSL and remove the tradeable objects, which are also BIS at the same time I improved the weapon.

It does not benefit people with less time at all. What was interesting before being hardcore or casual was to go up Murpagoth to +15 and with that to win all the raids.

Then I read the reason for the change and I am left wondering if they are playing the same game as the others or have only listened to the crying of those who were more interested in the money.

How are you going to return the time we have spent against the benefit that others have had?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,215
    Doesn't making them the same difficulty make it hard for casual players who can't make it through hard dungeons anyways?
    It seems pretty redundant having the same gear and difficulty, and not really tweaking anything after so long without level 60 gear.
    Carisei
  • BLAXJACBLAXJAC
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 885
    edited 6:40PM November 1, 2018
    Okay so people are upset because they spent time upgrading weapons they don't need Okay OKAY SO check this out BOOM..
    So like what if Nexon made some type of exchange system right..where you can give a NPC your trash upgraded weapons and they give back Onyx based on your enchantment level. See this hoochie: uZbItYW.png
    Shes useless now, does nothing but twirl all day. Just give her weapons she dances, twirls, and pops out (character bound, bc lol ) Chaos/Onyx crystals with the amount varying based on enchantment level, then you can use that to upgrade your non trash stuff. @Nexon ya'll should hire me I have the ideas.
    DopeJinMintyliciousValentinyCatalyst