Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

[NA-Middle East] How much Skin is too much?

Comments

  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    edited 7:58PM November 2, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Also, whether special event or normal occassion, the fact still stands that they went outside dressed in a certain manner. The fact that it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean you get to ask people personally what they would do.

    Occasion matters. There are times where some actions are appropriate and times where they are not.

    If thats the case, why do you think certain ugc outfits in MS2 are never okay? aside from the obvious showing genitalia ones
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Beariie wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    It seems to me you have far more issues than just this game fyi..

    Why don't you go out in public to a city centre/downtown with just your underwear on? See what people think lmao.

    I do its called the swimming pool and beach.. Also in Australian Summers people wearing very little is very common here.. You completely cover yourself in 45 degree heats at 70% humidity..

    Not even close to the same thing, but seems as though you understand its a issue if you completely decided to shoot for a diversion like that.

    Notice this game is also in America, not austrilia, as the title of the thread also says this (NA Middle East). Australian morales or what they do doesnt matter to how the US sees the game.

    Its actually world wide and we wear very little in Aus all the time, not just beaches etc.

    If you haven't noticed, we were talking about people walking around in just their underwear in general (i.e. special occasions such as going to the beach don't count). Before you say "but they do count", we were talking about a general case.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    edited 8:04PM November 2, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »

    If you haven't noticed, we were talking about people walking around in just their underwear in general (i.e. special occasions such as going to the beach don't count). Before you say "but they do count", we were talking about a general case.

    If that was the case then our characters would only be allowed to wear swimsuit attire in places like Lith Harbor.

    Its also perfectly fine for you to run around Maplestory 2 in your underwear if you wanted to without getting banned so I dont see your point.

    Theres also two different conversations going on. Whether PEOPLE in their underwear is ok and whether CHILDREN in their underwear is ok. All of which has nothing to do with the fact that we want Nexon to respond to us on what their concise guidelines are.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Also, whether special event or normal occassion, the fact still stands that they went outside dressed in a certain manner. The fact that it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean you get to ask people personally what they would do.

    Occasion matters. There are times where some actions are appropriate and times where they are not.

    If thats the case, why do you think certain ugc outfits in MS2 are never okay? aside from the obvious showing genitalia ones

    Some actions being appropriate and inappropriate at different times doesn't imply that one action can't be appropriate or inappropriate for all time. Some UGC outfits are never OK, because this is a game that caters to a young audience.
    Floe
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »

    Some actions being appropriate and inappropriate at different times doesn't imply that one action can't be appropriate or inappropriate for all time. Some UGC outfits are never OK, because this is a game that caters to a young audience.

    It doesnt cater to a young audience, but it does include 13 year old at minimum (because thats how old you have to be to have a nexon account)

    Granted, ahegao masks and straight up handprints on buttcheeks is not okay, but short shorts and crop tops shouldnt be an issue.

    YIkbDKl.png

    Anything skimpier than this shouldnt be on UGC, but there are things not as bad as the default underwear that are getting taken down for sexual content. THAT Is the issue.
    Sherri
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 8:13PM November 2, 2018
    If that was the case then our characters would only be allowed to wear swimsuit attire in places like Lith Harbor.

    Considering that a game isn't real life, you can dress your character in any attire that is available however the way you see fit. I have no problem with swimsuits. It's the blatantly BDSM-type gear that's the problem.
    Its also perfectly fine for you to run around Maplestory 2 in your underwear if you wanted to without getting banned so I dont see your point.

    The question has always been "do you think it's ok"? Because a majority of this discussion revolves around people's thoughts of all the "sexual" gear in the game.
  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Considering that a game isn't real life...

    Exactly. Stop your whining.
    SyrusMarufujiGreta
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    edited 8:23PM November 2, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    If that was the case then our characters would only be allowed to wear swimsuit attire in places like Lith Harbor.

    Considering that a game isn't real life, you can dress your character in any attire that is available however the way you see fit. I have no problem with swimsuits. It's the blatantly BDSM-type gear that's the problem.
    Its also perfectly fine for you to run around Maplestory 2 in your underwear if you wanted to without getting banned so I dont see your point.

    The question has always been "do you think it's ok"? Because a majority of this discussion revolves around people's thoughts of all the "sexual" gear in the game.

    That's what we've been trying to say this whole thread. ._. Nobody has been advocating for BDSM stuff, Nobody has been asking for kink stuff, we just want a clear boundary of what body parts are kosher to show. Within MS2. According to Nexon. That's it.

    Clearly you and I are going to fundamentally disagree but it doesnt matter because its possible. If the developers wanted to change that, they'd give us wakfu level "underwear" that is basically just regular clothes.
    EcaflipCharacter.jpgOsamodasCharacter.jpg
    Zarozian
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 8:31PM November 2, 2018
    It doesnt cater to a young audience, but it does include 13 year old at minimum (because thats how old you have to be to have a nexon account)

    The Terms of Service states that you "either are over the age of majority in your country or, consistent with applicable law, use the Services only with the permission and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian that has reviewed and agreed to these Terms". Under the terms, parents can create accounts in which their children can use. So yes, this game does cater to a young audience and Nexon is fully aware of it.
    Granted, ahegao masks and straight up handprints on buttcheeks is not okay, but short shorts and crop tops shouldnt be an issue.

    I agree with that. I never stated that "revealing" outfits shouldn't be ok. My whole stance on the issue has always been that BDSM-type gear (literally gear that people wear in the porn industry or something that is designed to be overtly erotic) should be removed.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    The Terms of Service states that you "either are over the age of majority in your country or, consistent with applicable law, use the Services only with the permission and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian that has reviewed and agreed to these Terms". Under the terms, parents can create accounts in which their children can use. So yes, this game does cater to a young audience and Nexon is fully aware of it.

    Cater would imply it is like Club Penguin or Roblox. I'm certain if you took an official poll, less than 10% of players would be under 13. Hardly consider that catering.



  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    You also only came into this thread to ridicule Bizu and conflate underwear in a videogame to them personally wanting to walk around in public in their underwear on page 2, which leads me to think you didn't read or care about the point of the original post.
    Greta
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    That's what we've been trying to say this whole thread. ._. Nobody has been advocating for BDSM stuff, Nobody has been asking for kink stuff, we just want a clear boundary of what body parts are kosher to show. Within MS2. According to Nexon. That's it.

    Yeah you did. You stated that as long as the private parts are covered, anything goes. When people actually pointed out the issue with gear typically associated with pornography/eroticism, you vehemently tried to justify those types of gear as having a place in this game, and then you proceeded to label us as being people with "issues" and then liking the post of every person who shares that sentiment.
    Cater would imply it is like Club Penguin or Roblox. I'm certain if you took an official poll, less than 10% of players would be under 13. Hardly consider that catering.

    "Cater" may not be the most accurate term but certainly, all "sexual" components aside, the game's elements are friendly to a wide age range. Thus Nexon has to consider the age range of the players in this game. Up to 10% is still a very significant number.
    You also only came into this thread to ridicule Bizu and conflate underwear in a videogame to them personally wanting to walk around in public in their underwear on page 2, which leads me to think you didn't read or care about the point of the original post.

    That's what they were referring to.
  • MiguelxMiguelx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,885
    Posts: 95
    Member
    edited 9:19PM November 2, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    If that was the case then our characters would only be allowed to wear swimsuit attire in places like Lith Harbor.

    Considering that a game isn't real life, you can dress your character in any attire that is available however the way you see fit. I have no problem with swimsuits. It's the blatantly BDSM-type gear that's the problem.
    Its also perfectly fine for you to run around Maplestory 2 in your underwear if you wanted to without getting banned so I dont see your point.

    The question has always been "do you think it's ok"? Because a majority of this discussion revolves around people's thoughts of all the "sexual" gear in the game.

    That's what we've been trying to say this whole thread. ._. Nobody has been advocating for BDSM stuff, Nobody has been asking for kink stuff, we just want a clear boundary of what body parts are kosher to show. Within MS2. According to Nexon. That's it.

    Clearly you and I are going to fundamentally disagree but it doesnt matter because its possible. If the developers wanted to change that, they'd give us wakfu level "underwear" that is basically just regular clothes.
    EcaflipCharacter.jpgOsamodasCharacter.jpg

    Ankama is a french studio, their audience is actually pretty mature starting at a young age as to where america really isn't. If you look at all their games/shows/movies, I don't think any average sjw parent would let their kids play it if they knew how sexual their content is.

    ---

    You guys are actually pretty childish. You're given normal templates and everyone wants to turn them into G strings or nipple bandages, then wonder why nexon is having a hard time managing ugc. They don't win no matter what they do.

    You guys are really complaining about why it's not fair to make banana hammocks out of a pants template meanwhile crying about a bubble bath outfit in the box. It's because that's not the intended use of the the template, it's that simple. If you guys are really trying to argue it not being fair, you have issues, It's literally just a game, abide by the rules or don't play the game.
    BeariieFloeBulbasaurZarozian
  • BizuBizu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,595
    Posts: 25
    Member
    Miguelx wrote: »
    You guys are actually pretty childish. You're given normal templates and everyone wants to turn them into G strings or nipple bandages

    Without stooping to an insult, I'm going to assume you didn't read the opening post at all. Let me give you a refresher, since it's four pages back now.

    This is UGC
    OpotgcD.jpg?1

    This is Nexon Gear
    ymaY9RZ.png

    We want guidelines because the top was removed and it shouldn't have been.
    SyrusMarufujiCarbonCoalmewberiidontreallyknowmanSherriGreta
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Yeah you did. You stated that as long as the private parts are covered, anything goes. When people actually pointed out the issue with gear typically associated with pornography/eroticism, you vehemently tried to justify those types of gear as having a place in this game, and then you proceeded to label us as being people with "issues" and then liking the post of every person who shares that sentiment.

    I like how you brought up me liking the posts of people who share my opinion as though you havent been doing the same thing.

    In any case, nobody brought up anything regarding ugc porn in this thread, every naysayer have stood by the argument that the character you control is a child, which is false.
  • MiguelxMiguelx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,885
    Posts: 95
    Member
    edited 10:54PM November 2, 2018
    Bizu wrote: »
    Miguelx wrote: »
    You guys are actually pretty childish. You're given normal templates and everyone wants to turn them into G strings or nipple bandages

    Without stooping to an insult, I'm going to assume you didn't read the opening post at all. Let me give you a refresher, since it's four pages back now.

    This is UGC
    OpotgcD.jpg?1

    This is Nexon Gear
    ymaY9RZ.png

    We want guidelines because the top was removed and it shouldn't have been.

    I did read the OP when the thread was made but didn't comment until now because how much of a joke it is.

    Yes, I see the gym bloomers which is an actual non sexual piece of clothing that is used in various medias across the planet.

    I also see booty shorts designed on a template for PANTS, when there's already a template for SHORTS.

    I wasn't insulting anyone, I am stating that the behavior of the UGC community is actually childish and disgusting to the point where it makes me sad because I can't talk to like minded individuals without being bombarded by a cesspool of people with child induced fetishes.

    Miguelx wrote: »
    not the intended use of the the template, it's that simple.

    Imagine not being able to read.
    FloeBulbasaur
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    I like how you brought up me liking the posts of people who share my opinion as though you havent been doing the same thing.

    Sure, but are you denying that you advocated for BDSM/fetish gear in the game? Because from all that you've done so far indicates that you welcome these sorts of gear into the game.
    In any case, nobody brought up anything regarding ugc porn in this thread, every naysayer have stood by the argument that the character you control is a child, which is false.

    We are saying it's child like, that it resembles a child. Obviously these characters can be "adults" according to the storyline if stated somewhere, and obviously these characters aren't "real". However they resemble children.

  • SaranethSaraneth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,995
    Posts: 129
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    However they resemble children.
    They resemble chibi adults.

    Greta
  • CarbonCoalCarbonCoal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited 1:00PM November 3, 2018
    I think it's pretty reasonable to have clearer guidelines on what is considered too sexual. This way you won't get people getting their items taken down for having a shirt that shows a bit of cleavage or a bikini top. The people who make these items aren't trying to break the rules, they see official items like swimsuits that give you big breasts and bunny girl NPCs and think it must be ok since the game has official content similar to what they want to make. As long as you aren't making something like fetish gear you should be fine.


    Veremisiaidontreallyknowman
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,735
    Posts: 354
    Member
    I wonder if koreas forum was as much a mess as this one is lol