Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

[NA-Middle East] How much Skin is too much?

Comments

  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    Posts: 51
    Member
    edited 6:34PM November 2, 2018
    It is a double standard but who knows it might have very little to do with actual Nexon, and more to do with poor reporting tools and jealous customers giving fake complaints..

    And who knows with the current GM issues how trust-able are these GM giving bans to legitimate customers doing nothing wrong, Honestly i'm glad Nexon is transparent but it makes me wonder who they are employing to do these serious jobs now.
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Saraneth wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Bizu wrote: »
    being able to wear panties underneath your over-sized shirts and hoodies is a fashion choice for some women / kids. There's nothing inherently wrong with panties until someone else add the sexual context to them.

    So you think there's nothing wrong with showing your underwear in public? Lol.

    I don't see an issue even if you were out in public irl.

    Well there's a good explanation for that... that's because you're a pervert.

    It seems to me you have far more issues than just this game fyi..
    SaranethSyrusMarufujiLeilafiGretaIncomp
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 6:56PM November 2, 2018
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    It seems to me you have far more issues than just this game fyi..

    Why don't you go out in public to a city centre/downtown with just your underwear on? See what people think lmao.
    FloeSherri
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    Posts: 51
    Member

    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    It seems to me you have far more issues than just this game fyi..

    Why don't you go out in public to a city centre/downtown with just your underwear on? See what people think lmao.

    I do its called the swimming pool and beach.. Also in Australian Summers people wearing very little is very common here.. You completely cover yourself in 45 degree heats at 70% humidity..
    LeilafiGretaIncomp
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 7:10PM November 2, 2018
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    It seems to me you have far more issues than just this game fyi..

    Why don't you go out in public to a city centre/downtown with just your underwear on? See what people think lmao.

    I do its called the swimming pool and beach.. Also in Australian Summers people wearing very little is very common here.. You completely cover yourself in 45 degree heats at 70% humidity..

    Gee, thanks, captain obvious, for pointing out obvious exceptions.

    I don't think anyone's talking about them, but showing underwear in general. I certainly am not.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    edited 7:22PM November 2, 2018
    Look up mermaid parade or Gay pride parade NYC

    Hell, NYC is even famous for their Naked Cowboy and Naked Cowgirl outside of any special event.

    Many people in NYC have done performance art nearly naked and they are celebrated by a majority of people who come across them.
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Posts: 160
    Member
    Beariie wrote: »
    Doesnt really address anything to what I said. Drawn NPCs as in pictures posted on the first page. In comparison to childlike players. While some of the things you listed are considered childlike, they do not really show off to much or anything sexual, just crop tops on the 2 of the right. Madria is another story.

    I listed these npcs because youre implying that the ugc on the first page is any more sexual than the clothing being worn on these npcs.

    You think crop tops are sexual or show too much? Thats hilarious, but beside the point. Way to dodge the issue of Madria's in game avatar by the way considering she has the same proportions as our characters but is objectively very sexualized.

    Not to mention I find it interesting you dont find briefs sexual on a male character (neither do I by the way) but midriffs on a female char is too much.

    Thinking emoji.

    Not really sure where you pulled that information from with me saying crop tops are sexual, when your the one trying to prove a point with your images saying they show an inappropriate amount of skin the same as childlike figure wearing outfits to expose their chest or other regions.

    Madria doesnt even come close to having the same proportions as our female playable avatars, do a bit of game art research on the matter if you like. Nor did I dodge anything about her avatar. literally said its another story as in it doesnt pertain to my statements. She is a loli but not sexualized as bad as the community tends to do with their creations. Also GMS already seemed to work on her design to make it more western friendly.

    And not sure where you pulled this additional information from. Never did I state anything about briefs or midriff.

    Note that my original post compared those that say "nexon sexualized females that look 18+ so why shouldnt we be able to do it as well with our childlike avatars that clearly dont look above the age of 18".

    I guess my post was confusing for you to comprehend given the use of a thinking emoji, hopefully this cleared up your misunderstandings.
    Floe
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Posts: 160
    Member
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    It seems to me you have far more issues than just this game fyi..

    Why don't you go out in public to a city centre/downtown with just your underwear on? See what people think lmao.

    I do its called the swimming pool and beach.. Also in Australian Summers people wearing very little is very common here.. You completely cover yourself in 45 degree heats at 70% humidity..

    Not even close to the same thing, but seems as though you understand its a issue if you completely decided to shoot for a diversion like that.

    Notice this game is also in America, not austrilia, as the title of the thread also says this (NA Middle East). Australian morales or what they do doesnt matter to how the US sees the game.
    BulbasaurFloe
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    edited 7:33PM November 2, 2018
    I dont think they show an inappropriate amount of skin, but your posting history suggested that you would and you did, because you mentioned the crop tops " they do not really show off to much or anything sexual, just crop tops on the 2 of the right."

    On Madria, I wear glasses but you must be blind to both what fandom does to Madria and the fact that her hips are a little wider do not change anything about the general proportion similarities.

    Again, looking 18 and being 18 are two irrelevant things.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 7:34PM November 2, 2018
    Look up mermaid parade or Gay pride parade NYC

    Hell, NYC is even famous for their Naked Cowboy and Naked Cowgirl outside of any special event.

    Many people in NYC have done performance art nearly naked and they are celebrated by a majority of people who come across them.

    Events/special occasions =/= general situations. I don't care what some performance artists choose to do. Do I condone their choices? No.

    Like I suggested, just go to downtown (if you're in an urban area) with just your underwear on. See what people in general think.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    edited 7:36PM November 2, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    Like I suggested, just go to downtown (if you're in an urban area) with just your underwear on. See what people in general think.

    I have. If you can't tell I'm from NYC. People don't care. Also, whether special event or normal occassion, the fact still stands that they went outside dressed in a certain manner. The fact that it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean you get to ask people personally what they would do.

    Doesnt matter what you personally condone, people in general really dont give a rats behind anymore.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    I have. If you can't tell I'm from NYC. People don't care.

    That's because they pretend not to. I bet in many peoples minds, they are thinking "what the heck is this person doing?"
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Posts: 202
    Member
    edited 7:40PM November 2, 2018
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    I have. If you can't tell I'm from NYC. People don't care.

    That's because they pretend not to. I bet in many peoples minds, they are thinking "what the heck is this person doing?"

    *rolls eyes*

  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited 7:42PM November 2, 2018
    Also, whether special event or normal occassion, the fact still stands that they went outside dressed in a certain manner. The fact that it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean you get to ask people personally what they would do.

    Occasion matters. There are times where some actions are appropriate and times where they are not.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,525
    Posts: 233
    Member
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    I have. If you can't tell I'm from NYC. People don't care.

    That's because they pretend not to. I bet in many peoples minds, they are thinking "what the heck is this person doing?"

    *rolls eyes*

    Lmao you're very naive if you think people don't notice these things.
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    Posts: 51
    Member
    Beariie wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    It seems to me you have far more issues than just this game fyi..

    Why don't you go out in public to a city centre/downtown with just your underwear on? See what people think lmao.

    I do its called the swimming pool and beach.. Also in Australian Summers people wearing very little is very common here.. You completely cover yourself in 45 degree heats at 70% humidity..

    Not even close to the same thing, but seems as though you understand its a issue if you completely decided to shoot for a diversion like that.

    Notice this game is also in America, not austrilia, as the title of the thread also says this (NA Middle East). Australian morales or what they do doesnt matter to how the US sees the game.

    Its actually world wide and we wear very little in Aus all the time, not just beaches etc.
    SyrusMarufuji
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Posts: 160
    Member
    I dont think they show an inappropriate amount of skin, but your posting history suggested that you would and you did, because you mentioned the crop tops " they do not really show off to much or anything sexual, just crop tops on the 2 of the right."

    On Madria, I wear glasses but you must be blind to both what fandom does to Madria and the fact that her hips are a little wider do not change anything about the general proportion similarities.

    Again, looking 18 and being 18 are two irrelevant things.

    All up to your opinion on if you think so or not. Nexon on the other hand would rather avoid the lawsuit your thinking would be inviting.

    Crop tops are what I noticed on the most childlike models that you posted, again never said they were sexual.

    Fandom doesnt matter. Her hips are wider then the player's female avatars. What did I get wrong by this? Also the fact that she is shorter? Also the fact that I said Global has been working on a change to her ingame art? Maybe they to see it as a bit to much for a child?
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    Posts: 51
    Member
    I can totally understand these Nexon stance until i see Nexon's own gear looking exactly like the banned content.. That to me is a massive double standard.
    SyrusMarufujiGreta
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Posts: 160
    Member
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Beariie wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    It seems to me you have far more issues than just this game fyi..

    Why don't you go out in public to a city centre/downtown with just your underwear on? See what people think lmao.

    I do its called the swimming pool and beach.. Also in Australian Summers people wearing very little is very common here.. You completely cover yourself in 45 degree heats at 70% humidity..

    Not even close to the same thing, but seems as though you understand its a issue if you completely decided to shoot for a diversion like that.

    Notice this game is also in America, not austrilia, as the title of the thread also says this (NA Middle East). Australian morales or what they do doesnt matter to how the US sees the game.

    Its actually world wide and we wear very little in Aus all the time, not just beaches etc.

    Trust me its not world wide. No shirt no shoes no service is enforced. As well as public decency.
    FloeSherri
  • DanteYodaDanteYoda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    Posts: 51
    Member
    edited 7:51PM November 2, 2018
    Beariie wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Beariie wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    It seems to me you have far more issues than just this game fyi..

    Why don't you go out in public to a city centre/downtown with just your underwear on? See what people think lmao.

    I do its called the swimming pool and beach.. Also in Australian Summers people wearing very little is very common here.. You completely cover yourself in 45 degree heats at 70% humidity..

    Not even close to the same thing, but seems as though you understand its a issue if you completely decided to shoot for a diversion like that.

    Notice this game is also in America, not austrilia, as the title of the thread also says this (NA Middle East). Australian morales or what they do doesnt matter to how the US sees the game.

    Its actually world wide and we wear very little in Aus all the time, not just beaches etc.

    Trust me its not world wide. No shirt no shoes no service is enforced. As well as public decency.

    Not around here its not, people wear that all the time and get service.
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Posts: 160
    Member
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Beariie wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Beariie wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Bulbasaur wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    It seems to me you have far more issues than just this game fyi..

    Why don't you go out in public to a city centre/downtown with just your underwear on? See what people think lmao.

    I do its called the swimming pool and beach.. Also in Australian Summers people wearing very little is very common here.. You completely cover yourself in 45 degree heats at 70% humidity..

    Not even close to the same thing, but seems as though you understand its a issue if you completely decided to shoot for a diversion like that.

    Notice this game is also in America, not austrilia, as the title of the thread also says this (NA Middle East). Australian morales or what they do doesnt matter to how the US sees the game.

    Its actually world wide and we wear very little in Aus all the time, not just beaches etc.

    Trust me its not world wide. No shirt no shoes no service is enforced. As well as public decency.

    Not around here its not, people wear that all the time and get service.

    Would mean something if the servers were in Australia. If a child does that in america, child services steps in. Because its not morally acceptable over here for children to be walking around publicly in their underwear. Can fight that all you want but its just how things work here. Fact isnt going to change.
    Bulbasaur