Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Chat prohibited no reason?

VisualFxxVisualFxx
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
in General Chat
So 2 days ago I was chat prohibited and thought to myself maybe something I said triggered this message and so I submitted a ticket asking if it's possible for my chat logs to see where and/or if I had violated the terms. Then TODAY when I'm finally off the ban I literally am online for 20 mins and get CHAT PROHIBITED AGAIN. This time I literally had done NOTHING in the game what so ever besides raid with my guild and some randoms. The only things discussed were raid related or game related with NO profanity or ANY type of anything period to trigger another chat ban. Then I chat with live support and ALL THEY ever say is "submit a ticket" What use are they if literally everything just goes to the ticket system anyway defeats the purpose of live support. I dealt with it the first time assuming mistakes can be made and I could have possibly caused it on my own. However this time it's just pure insanity because I had been logged in no longer than 2 hours in which I just finished my weekly's before the reset.

*This was also posted in bug forums but thought I'd post here as well to get feedback if anyone else has encountered this issue and/or how they resolved it.*

Comments

• MizaruMizaru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    Have you created any custom clothes or items that might have broken UGC rules?
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    edited 5:03PM October 25, 2018
    No
    Mizaru wrote: »

No, I use no UGC what so ever.
    Also as far as I know they ban UGC violations by not allowing you to create/buy UGC not chat restrictions.
  • MizaruMizaru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    edited 5:12PM October 25, 2018
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    No

Also as far as I know they ban UGC violations by not allowing you to create/buy UGC not chat restrictions.

Sounds weird then. There is pretty broad scale of punishment they seem to be using in case of UGC violations, so that's why I thought about it first. Possibly their anti-bot programs are thinking you're using some kind of automated script to mass spam people. If you ask me, that doesn't exactly sound like there's any real person manually muting you. Tho I can't understand why their livechat couldn't at least forward your request to someone who could see what's the problem...
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    edited 5:21PM October 25, 2018
    No

Sounds weird then. There is pretty broad scale of punishment they seem to be using in case of UGC violations, so that's why I thought about it first. Possibly their anti-bot programs are thinking you're using some kind of automated script to mass spam people. If you ask me, that doesn't exactly sound like there's any real person manually muting you. Tho I can't understand why their livechat couldn't at least forward your request to someone who could see what's the problem...

Yeah that's the thing no spam, and even in WC no spam beyond whats allowed. The live chat operators always ask me to fill out a ticket WHICH I don't mind HOWEVER with this subject I'm a bit more pissed cause by the time they get to my ticket the 2 day chat ban is over already and of course I won't be getting any type of compensation for it. At first chat doesn't seem like much til you realize you can't whisper or ask people to raid with you or even chat with your guild when they ask questions or are going to do guild quests. Literally can't ask anyone anything so have to hope to always find a party in the party finder and hope they don't try to ask me anything and end up kicking. Typically hasn't been too much of an issue with that people are generally nice however theres been a lot of times where people were selling and/or looking for people to raid and I had to just sit there cause I have no options.

I also believe when they ban you or prohibit you from doing anything there should be a warning statement with what EXACTLY it was that you did wrong because there will be no learning a lesson if you have no the slightest clue as to what happen.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 885
    So 2 days ago I was chat prohibited and thought to myself maybe something I said triggered this message and so I submitted a ticket asking if it's possible for my chat logs to see where and/or if I had violated the terms. Then TODAY when I'm finally off the ban I literally am online for 20 mins and get CHAT PROHIBITED AGAIN. This time I literally had done NOTHING in the game what so ever besides raid with my guild and some randoms. The only things discussed were raid related or game related with NO profanity or ANY type of anything period to trigger another chat ban. Then I chat with live support and ALL THEY ever say is "submit a ticket" What use are they if literally everything just goes to the ticket system anyway defeats the purpose of live support. I dealt with it the first time assuming mistakes can be made and I could have possibly caused it on my own. However this time it's just pure insanity because I had been logged in no longer than 2 hours in which I just finished my weekly's before the reset.

*This was also posted in bug forums but thought I'd post here as well to get feedback if anyone else has encountered this issue and/or how they resolved it.*

live support kinda needs a ticket for them to help you, idk why maybe a place for them to write it down

at least with mabinogi if i ont have a ticket already submitted they're willing to create one for me and go from there
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx

live support kinda needs a ticket for them to help you, idk why maybe a place for them to write it down

at least with mabinogi if i ont have a ticket already submitted they're willing to create one for me and go from there

Yeah the thing is I usual create one with no issues but it's the response time which I understand but for this situation the response time means that I'll already be out of the ban before I get any concrete word on what actually happened. So I was hoping the live support could at least dig deeper and give me the peace of mind of just knowing what it was that went wrong whether it was something that had happened days ago or just some kind of glitch or automated system malfunction. But I still stand by they should send out mail/email letting you know when these things take place and WHY I just don't understand how any game now in days wouldn't give you a written explanation or at least a generic message explaining the general reason.
  • SproutiSprouti
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,780
    Probably unrelated, but I experienced something similar the other day. I had a bunch of channel chat vouchers and I wanted to use them but I didn’t realize you couldn’t unless you were level 50. So I attempted to send a channel chat a few times since it wasn’t going through. I was just trying to tell people to have a good day because I like to encourage others! But then I noticed I couldn’t chat at all, couldn’t use the local chat or anything. It subsided after an hour or so, hasn’t happened since. I didn’t get any sort of warning or anything, it was just weird. I assume I may have been temporarily restricted for attempted spamming even though I didn’t initially realize what was going on. Could something similar have happened to you?