During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

Founder's Pack "Re-run"?

Comments

  • CLCCLC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    Posts: 95
    Member
    CLC wrote: »
    What do you think will happen if they go back on their word of making founders pack a limited time purchase 2 weeks after release?

    1. Make a lot of sales from people like me who now know the game is worth it.
    2. Increase the number of people with "Founder" in front of their name. Some people care about that, but the more the merrier I say.
    3. A small minority of people get upset and possibly quit, but with over a million players in the first week I don't think it would cut into the playerbase that hard.

    Also, some people might say "what would stop them from re-re-releasing it?", so I'll just address that now:

    Like I said in previous posts, the game is still in such an early stage that they could still do this and not face too many issues. It's not even been released a month. And this would be a one time thing. Like "You've played the game, you know if you like it. Here's one last chance to get your Founder's Pack." I would never expect them to do a re-release past the first one or two months, because by that point it doesn't make sense anymore and the game is already established.

    1. Yes they'd make a lot of money. It was a risk when players bought it with no idea how it'll turn out. This would only reaffirm they'd choose money > promises to the community.

    3. I'd probably be part of that minority. Friends every one of my irl friends playing this game has told me many times about how bad Nexon is as a company. How they'd break promises and make everything eventually p2w (in 1-2 years). I think re-releasing it to be a major betrayal of trust - therefore I'd lose faith the company in 2 weeks of release instead of 2 years as others have warned.

    I really wish they initially released it as limited time up to a month after the official launch, then I'd have no issues whatsoever and I'd also buy the highest tier.
    SnackCakesSproutiDueroHeartdonor
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,680
    Posts: 258
    Member
    edited 5:03AM October 25, 2018
    Saraneth wrote: »
    How does it hurt you in any way if they allow us to buy founders packs apart from your epeen?

    It hurts our trust in any "exclusives" that Nexon offers in the future. I've seen multiple people that thought poorly about the game because of the founders packs and downplayed the game because of it, yet I still bought the highest tier pack and took the risk because I had faith in the game and wanted the exclusive items to show for it. If Nexon really offers the exact same packs again, then nobody will bother to pay for "exclusives" in the future if Nexon ever decides to do something similar to the founders packs, at least I sure as hell won't. Why be the first to pay for something so uncertain when you know that Nexon will just make it available again if it's successful? Why support something early on in exchange for exclusives when Nexon has already made it clear that the word "exclusives" means very little to them?

    And I see people like you trying to shame those that are against founders packs going on sale again, accusing us of elitist or somewhere along those lines, but honestly, what's your point? I'll be completely real here, but I think I, along with everyone else that took the dive with packs early on, have all the right to have a sense of superiority. I feel absolutely no shame in that. You can cry all you want and all I see is some butthurt kids crying that they can't have everything they want with no risk on their part.
    CLCCariseiShybzEinoMintyliciousSnackCakesSproutiCyntusDueroBebopand 3 others.
  • AlexstrazsaAlexstrazsa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    Posts: 25
    Member
    CLC wrote: »
    I really wish they initially released it as limited time up to a month after the official launch, then I'd have no issues whatsoever and I'd also buy the highest tier.

    That would've been the best plan, yeah. It would've allowed plenty of people to experience the game first before blinding throwing money at Nexon.
  • CLCCLC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    Posts: 95
    Member
    CLC wrote: »

    I'll take the bait.

    You do know what limited edition means right?
    What do you think will happen if they blatantly break a promise to their player base after 2 weeks after release?

    The same thing that happened when they added the entire premium shop into a $3 lootbox and locked outfits behind a minimum $100 gamble wall?
    Some localized whining until they make a compromise.

    Because the only things worth owning out of the founders pack are the merets.
    Everything else is just filler.
    Woah, a single-character emote I'll never use.
    Awesome, an insignia and title. The game doesn't give you a million of them for free.
    Amazing, an ugly outfit and useless ground mount. Oh boy.
    The only actual reason to get the Founder's Pack was to get into CBT2 and Headstart. They're over now.

    If Nexon brings them back, wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I mean they made so much money from them while the game wasn't even free it seems kinda dumb to me that they stopped selling them or didn't have a 'Release Pack' lined up when Founder's Packs ended.
    But I don't work for Nexon so I can't speak for their bad business decisions.

    Yes the loot-boxes were insane. That's why I didn't buy any.

    But what if they changed the loot-boxes without any compensation? It would be a major slap in the face. I don't know if the current compensation is enough, but at least they've addressed it as an issue.

    If they re-released the Founders Pack there should be a compensation. I don't know if what the compensation could be, but they should address the issue of breaking their promise.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Post: 1
    Member
    Saraneth wrote: »
    How does it hurt you in any way if they allow us to buy founders packs apart from your epeen?

    It hurts our trust in any "exclusives" that Nexon offers in the future. I've seen multiple people that thought poorly about the game because of the founders packs and downplayed the game because of it, yet I still bought the highest tier pack and took the risk because I had faith in the game and wanted the exclusive items to show for it. If Nexon really offers the exact same packs again, then nobody will bother to pay for "exclusives" in the future if Nexon ever decides to do something similar to the founders packs, at least I sure as hell won't. Why be the first to pay for something so uncertain when you know that Nexon will just make it available again if it's successful? Why support something early on in exchange for exclusives when Nexon has already made it clear that the word "exclusives" means very little to them?

    And I see people like you trying to shame those that are against founders packs going on sale again, accusing us of elitist or somewhere along those lines, but honestly, what's your point? I'll be completely real here, but I think I, along with everyone else that took the dive with packs early on, have all the right to have a sense of superiority. I feel absolutely no shame in that. You can cry all you want and all I see is some butthurt kids crying that they can't have everything they want with no risk on their part.

    If they think it'll earn them a pretty penny, they'll release it again without a second question.

    The fact you think they care about your "trust" in them is only going to hurt you, because there will still be whales who spend their entire paycheck on NX, and those are the only people Nexon need to not anger.
  • ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    Posts: 146
    Member
    Asinine request that would be a huge slap in the face to the game's biggest supporters. And there's no monetary incentive to bring them back, with it being such an overly generous offer ($100 in blue/red merets back for the $100 package, everything was effectively free). Defeats the entire point of being a 'Founders' pack, and you had months to decide. Not happening.
    EinoHeartdonorSnackCakesSproutiCryoGXTamakiSakuraNisue
  • ZintackZintack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,520
    Posts: 204
    Member
    edited 9:20PM October 28, 2018
    I get ya, I do feel kinda sad as well about not getting legendary sometimes BECAUSE I LOVE HOARDING ITEMS ♡\owo/♡ ~ but was it gonna be worth it if I don't even use the simple pack items? eh. The meret amount maybe, but that's it.
    The main reason I bought the basic founders was that I wanted to support this game after enjoying both cbt1&2. Even if I didn't get a chance to play in closed beta testing I also wanted head start and the name reserve~ so I'm content with the basic pack but yet again, I don't really even use those items and I'm sure it's the same for others.

    Maybe instead of re-releasing the founder's pack they could do something limited for players that played on ms1 vets or just ms1 overall? Not sure how it'd work but some requirement of your ms1 character/time played/etc? >W< seems complicated and idk how they'd connect it- but I'm sure they could.
    I most likely would be left out on this one since I created an ms1 character this year and have little time on it, so it definitely would be special/limited to players.

    Otherwise a totally different pack.
  • MintyliciousMintylicious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,955
    Posts: 99
    Member
    A better solution would be to release a new pack thats has a similar value, but not the Founder's exclusives. So the mount/outfits would be different but the merets/premium would be the same.

    This would be my suggestion/thought, as well.
  • ItsIffyItsIffy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 715
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited 6:04AM October 28, 2018
    tldr;
    I did not spend my money to get something exclusive, which ends up not being exclusive at all.
    edit: if they re-release the founders pack, they should enable the choice for the people who got it when it was exclusive, to get their money back.
    Nisue
  • ZeroGravigaZeroGraviga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,065
    Posts: 29
    Member
    If they were to release the founders packs again I would expect a full refund for mine. I bought it on the basis that it was a "FOUNDERS" Pack. Stuff you could only get as a founder.
    ItsIffyZintackSnackCakesHeartdonorNisue
  • HunterJDLHunterJDL
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    Posts: 3
    Member
    I voted yes, though there is a catch and this is my reasoning as to why.

    There is a category of players who fell into the same situation as OP and myself. Nexon has a track record of good games, however their policy on monetization and community has lacked. Not everyone may view it this way, but there is clearly a group who has and this group is not small. So when faced with the chance and desire to purchase a founders pack many of us were skeptical and decided to err on the side of caution, inevitably ending up not purchasing the pack.

    To what I believe is the entire communities surprise, whoever the leaders and team members behind Maplestory 2 are should be given a golden medal and recognized in the modern world of MMOrpg gaming. They have shown a willingness to listen to their community and react, even if it means going against one of their own monetization methods. And they have chosen the stance to be transparent even though it has many risks. For now and the close foreseeable future, Maplestory 2 seems to be in great hands.

    With that said, the group who decided not to purchase a founder pack now has an even bigger buyers regret. Not only is the game fun and worth while, but it is well managed. All the signs of a game that makes you want to spend the $100 to support and get all the benefits. So I definitely would agree that a "re-run" is in order... but with a catch.

    Archage is a great example of what I am going to suggest. They had their founders pack run and there was a large group who missed out and wanted to see how the game was going to be before they made their purchase. They too had buyers regret and suggested a re-run of the packs. Understandably those who had purchased the packs felt like this would devalue the money they spent so Archage decided to release a pack that had similar tiers, rewards, and benefits, but lacked the founder-esk titles and badges. Instead having their own exclusive theme.

    By having a so called "re-run" using a different theme instead of "founders pack" you allow those who missed out to get on board and be able to take part in the benefits and ability to support an amazing game. You also allow those who purchased the founders packs initially to jump on-board another pack and potentially be able to support Maplestory 2 a second time around.

    This is just my opinion and my experience. I do hope we see a re-run of the founders pack or a similar pack in the near future.
    Alexstrazsa
  • Akuma_no_TsubasaAkuma_no_Tsubasa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 910
    Posts: 28
    Member
    I voted yes BUT! for the sake of the people don't re-add the "Founders" Title to the pack as something really should stick out for the people that gave trust to the game.

    And the only reason I want that is the big mushroom. You can keep everything else, but give me the mushroom!
    Sprouti
  • ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    Posts: 146
    Member
    edited 3:02PM October 28, 2018
    One thing to keep in mind is that additional Daily Wonders are going to be released, Founders Daily Wonders is just the first one thus far. I wouldn't be surprised if they follow a trend based on Founders Packs (pay for bulk merets, get free Daily Wonders). So outside of the exclusives (Unicorn, Outfit, Panlid), I'm sure those looking for a similar offer will be getting one eventually.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Posts: 545
    Member
    I am against it simply because it defeats the entire purpose of exclusivity which is often what gives these things value. What you are suggesting is to make them lose their value. So while they may make a ton of money from those who didn't buy a founders pack the first time. The next time around they try and offer something "exclusive" they are likely to sell less than they normally would because people would know it's not actually exclusive.

    Many games no longer have what I would consider rare or even one of a kind items because other players complain that they can't get it. Ya, that is kinda the point.

    "Exclusive: restricted or limited to the person, group, or area concerned."

    How does it disadvantage me if they rerelease the founder's packs? Simple, lost value. When an item loses its exclusivity, it loses a lot of its value. And when I say a lot, for some people that very well could be all of it. Many people like these items, not because they look good, but because they are exclusive. Having something others do not, to be frank, is a good feeling. That may seem kinda mean, but that is the reality. You ever participate in a show and tell in school before? It wouldn't really be fun or interesting if everyone had the same thing to show.

    Rather than complaining about what you didn't get, you should just wait and buy something else. There will be more exclusive items coming. There always is.
    SnackCakesZintackSproutiHeartdonorMintylicious
  • SecrotsSecrots
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Posts: 138
    Member
    Exclusivity is a selling point for cosmetics. Even though you may not think it should matter, to many it will. There's also nothing wrong with that.

    I would support the idea of a separate pack altogether. Extra insignia, emote...all that jazz. Founders should remain to who they belong to however (and only them).
    SnackCakesMintylicious
  • SnackCakesSnackCakes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,095
    Posts: 29
    Member
    I voted no. I can't even describe why I did, I feel like you should be able to see that side yourself. We bought these packs because we already cared about the game, no matter how it turned out. "But Nexon's a money grabber!" Most of the worst P2W things were already removed in CBT2, which is when the packs were purchasable, and you could've found out that information for yourself. There were streams, videos, feedbacks, forum posts, even a Discord you could ask questions in, during CBT2. There were even old streams of KMS2 & CMS2 incase you weren't really certain about the possible future of this game. You already had all the tools to make an informed decision on whether you should purchase a pack or not and you didn't. There was even Mushking Royale, and while I know that's not an accurate representation of the game at all, you could get familiar with it and decide whether you liked some basic things about the game. You can't say that this was a money trap but have the above information available and a whole list of everything that's included in the pack, excluding the Daily Wonders. The only reasonable excuses I see for not being able to buy it are not knowing about the game's existence and possibly not having enough money. I'm not saying everyone should have bought it, I'm saying that the people who possibly wanted it and could actually afford it should have just taken the plunge and bought it. You could have gotten a refund if you didn't like it. Heck, I even did. I paid $25, got into and played CBT2, upgraded to $100, played Mushking Royale and thought "maybe this isn't for me", got a refund, then last minute decided to purchase the $100 pack again. The only regret I have is not sticking with my purchase in the first place. I will be upset if they're re-released, although I highly doubt that. It's a slap to the face to the people who bought it, to the people who possibly scrambled up every last penny to buy it, because of its exclusivity. Exclusivity really does sell. Please remember that for literally anything that goes up on the meret shop or into the style crate, because if people start begging for this year's Halloween outfit if it actually does turn out to be exclusive I'll be sad.
    Zintack
  • GummybitesGummybites
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,895
    Posts: 241
    Member
    It was so worth it :'D
  • FoomBerryFoomBerry
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    Posts: 6
    Member
    I am against the release of the packs again, but if they did a different version of it with different cosmetics I'd be down (I'd probably buy those too).
    ZintackMintylicious
  • SproutiSprouti
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,780
    Posts: 57
    Member
    I’d personally love to have a fluffy ram, I would buy a pack if they opened it again, but I also agree with those saying that it wouldn’t reallt be fair to those that bought in when they didn’t have much to go on. That was a risk, especially considering Nexon’s reputation. I cannot lie and say that I am not envious of some of the items, but I didn’t know about them until it was too late. And I have to be okay with that. I see your point as well, it is still super early and a lot of us are establishing this game right now, but some people took an incredible risk, some up to 100 dollars and I wouldn’t want to take something away from them. I do wish they would take away the “daily wonders” tab from those that do not have founders though, as seeing a tab with a bunch of locked stuff on it seems tasteless, like you know I can’t access any of this so why subject me to it?
    Zintack
  • DarnHyenaDarnHyena
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 785
    Posts: 26
    Member
    Well, for me it was mostly not even knowing there was even a second maplestory game coming out until maybe like the last week before it's official launch, so wasn't really much time for interest to fester and dig in deeper into it in my case. I wouldn't mind getting that chance to get the thing again, but I can understand why those who already have it wouldn't want there to be a round 2.

    Still though like another said, it's still somewhat early enough into launch that it wouldn't be too terrible an idea, maybe have it be like a flash sale kind of thing for like a half a day so it's not sitting there too long.