Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Punishment for Quiting Dungeons

HyperDreamerHyperDreamer
MapleStory 2 Rep: 840
in Suggestions and Feedback
Ok, im trying to farm dungeons and all of a sudden the party is disbanded and all of us are kicked out of the dungeon. I think there needs to be a punishment system for those who out right leave a dungeon by right clicking themselves and disbanding a party or just leaving it. One dungeon i did with a healer said they left because it was too long. We finished it on our own in five minutes. Maybe like 5 min thing or longer. I've played games that implement punishment for quiting a dungeon run. This can be rather irritating for those of us who are actually trying to run dungeons. I know a lot of people will hate this post.

Comments

• SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Thanks to the disconnection problem implementing this would be an awful idea.
    DanDKHyperDreamerAngelicaxoxo
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
    Sometimes in daily quest we need to kill "miniboss" in the low lvl dungeon. Since I wont lose my dungeon run before I kill last boss, I can just enter dungeon and leave after I kill what I need to kill. Punishing for such things wouldnt be good, but giving some sort of "CD" on dungeons when you leave (like 15 min) would be ok.
    HyperDreamer
  • HyperDreamerHyperDreamer
    Thanks to the disconnection problem implementing this would be an awful idea.

Ya but that why i said when a player "clicks" Disband or Leave. and yes it would be unfortunate but a timeout like Aynix suggested would be good. There are games that detect a player disconnecting and and usually pops them right back into that same dungeon. which also prevents players form disconnecting ON PURPOSE. ive got crappy internet. we py for 6mbps and i am wireless and i am only getting 4 mbps at max on my pc. megabits per second not megabytes.
  • JozarJozar
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,180
    I get where you're coming from, nobody likes leavers. I for one stay behind, even if it's just me and one other player left, I'll stick it through till the end, even if it takes us 40+mins and all our pots (since most of the time we're both DPS).

But, I will always leave if there's a bot or multiple bots in the party. There is absolutely no reason to go through a run with bots, no matter how cute it looks to see 'em struggle or how "nobody cares, they're totally harmless," they are. Helping them only harms the rest of the community as a whole.

So I will, without hesitation, leave and report them if I recognize them as being a bot(s).

As it stands, a time-out wouldn't benefit anyone while most of the dungeons are being flooded with bots. Maybe when there's a better system implemented to cull botters, then I wouldn't mind having a time-out for leavers.

Report bots when you see them and never buy from them.

P.S. Ya didn't have to say that peeps will hate your post, we're all here to have a good time and help each other out.
  • ArdawnArdawn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,215
    Jozar wrote: »
    I get where you're coming from, nobody likes leavers. I for one stay behind, even if it's just me and one other player left, I'll stick it through till the end, even if it takes us 40+mins and all our pots (since most of the time we're both DPS).

But, I will always leave if there's a bot or multiple bots in the party. There is absolutely no reason to go through a run with bots, no matter how cute it looks to see 'em struggle or how "nobody cares, they're totally harmless," they are. Helping them only harms the rest of the community as a whole.

So I will, without hesitation, leave and report them if I recognize them as being a bot(s).

As it stands, a time-out wouldn't benefit anyone while most of the dungeons are being flooded with bots. Maybe when there's a better system implemented to cull botters, then I wouldn't mind having a time-out for leavers.

Report bots when you see them and never buy from them.

P.S. Ya didn't have to say that peeps will hate your post, we're all here to have a good time and help each other out.

The problem isn't the normal dungeons, its the hard mode dungeons. I get someone dodging on temple 9 times out of 10. People want ideal part makeup, meanwhile I can clear with myself, another zerker, and two guys that have used all of their revives. People are being brats, they need the PERFECT party composition, everyone needs to be level 60, and god forbid if you don't have at least 3k gs.
    HyperDreamer
  • Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    yeah,every time i leave dungeon it is server issue,this is super bad idea in current state.

There are also legit reasons to leave dungeon,like people who say they had 3 bots in team and had to solo dungeon.
    I understand leaving because of bots, but i cant identify a bot form a perosn right away. Someones ppl PURPOSELY MAKE THEIR NAMES bot like. I dont even know if i ran witha bot and i agree with how this is right now, punishment is not a good idea but im putting this out there so that hopefully when they make things better they will. I left nexon once before just becaus eof how bad bots get in the games. In Maplestory i couldn't go on a map in a channel without a bot farming. also im now gettign whispered by bots while im in my freaking home! bots are a HUGE ISSUE in nexon games in general.
    yeah,every time i leave dungeon it is server issue,this is super bad idea in current state.

There are also legit reasons to leave dungeon,like people who say they had 3 bots in team and had to solo dungeon.

I just found out there is a vote kick option and if you're party leader, just kick them out. ive done it several time myself
  • tkatlavendiertkatlavendier
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 795
    Sometimes I get booted because I get disconnected from a dungeon. Or sometimes, my house has two switches next to each other. A "light" switch and a "power" switch. And sometimes my toddler will flip the power switch in our gameroom off and it'll turn our wifi off and im lik :'> okie then. But yeah id like to see some kind of time out for those who purposefully leave. We had someone actually leave our dungeon yesterday and it took us a lot longer than we would have liked to clear it. But then again, I'm not gonna say it was a connection issue because that seems to be the biggest thing that people are still upset about.
    HyperDreamer
    Sometimes I get booted because I get disconnected from a dungeon. Or sometimes, my house has two switches next to each other. A "light" switch and a "power" switch. And sometimes my toddler will flip the power switch in our gameroom off and it'll turn our wifi off and im lik :'> okie then. But yeah id like to see some kind of time out for those who purposefully leave. We had someone actually leave our dungeon yesterday and it took us a lot longer than we would have liked to clear it. But then again, I'm not gonna say it was a connection issue because that seems to be the biggest thing that people are still upset about.

That sems like a bad spot to put your wifi. Have u tried putting tape over the switch for the wifi? I keep my router on my desk with theit plugged into the same power strip as my computer.
  • DrakesBlueDrakesBlue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,330
    edited 12:30PM October 24, 2018
    Aynix wrote: »
    Sometimes in daily quest we need to kill "miniboss" in the low lvl dungeon. Since I wont lose my dungeon run before I kill last boss, I can just enter dungeon and leave after I kill what I need to kill. Punishing for such things wouldnt be good, but giving some sort of "CD" on dungeons when you leave (like 15 min) would be ok.

Just enter the dungeon solo in that case. You don't need to be ruining everybody else's day. If you can't manage to solo half a dungeon (I don't know if people actually have this problem), either skip that daily or accept spending a dungeon run on it.
  • tkatlavendiertkatlavendier
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 795

That sems like a bad spot to put your wifi. Have u tried putting tape over the switch for the wifi? I keep my router on my desk with theit plugged into the same power strip as my computer.

Theres a switch like that in every room. It's to cut off the flow of electricity in the room to save energy and money. It's how our house was designed unfortunately and it sucks. And my kid just likes messing with the light switches so its like owo "hey mom i see youre doing an important raid" *boops light switch*