Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

How to fix notes not being played on the same hand

MAPELERMAPELER
Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
in Music
When there are parts in the song where notes are being played on the same hand while one long notes is being held the 3mle program doesn't register the notes that are being played while only the long held notes is. Anyone know how to fix it?
Here's an example in the sheet music form: prntscr.com/l8rx73

Comments

• PhoBoyPhoBoy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 575
    edited 7:01PM October 21, 2018
    Check out my quick video guide on some basic tips for getting around that using 3MLE and another midi program:
    10min Guide on YouTube

Essentially it's just "Select All" notes in all tracks, move them onto a singular track, then import that track into 3MLE and let it do it's magic :)!

**And 3MLE did that in the first place to your track because it can only do 1 note at a time for each individual track. So it either chooses one of the long notes and doesn't play the other short ones, or it plays the short ones and not the long sustained note in your example - unless, again, you move them all onto 1 singular track before importing the MIDI into 3MLE.
    TheChaosLegend
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,925
    PhoBoy wrote: »
    Check out my quick video guide on some basic tips for getting around that using 3MLE and another midi program:
    10min Guide on YouTube

Essentially it's just "Select All" notes in all tracks, move them onto a singular track, then import that track into 3MLE and let it do it's magic :)!

**And 3MLE did that in the first place to your track because it can only do 1 note at a time for each individual track. So it either chooses one of the long notes and doesn't play the other short ones, or it plays the short ones and not the long sustained note in your example - unless, again, you move them all onto 1 singular track before importing the MIDI into 3MLE.

@PhoBoy

Cool Video! I by no means consider myself new to 3MLE but you are honestly going to save me a lot of time by moving all the separate midi tracks into 1. I use to do it the long way but not anymore! :sunglasses: (Opening each midi track individually in 3MLE and manually copying/pasting in new tracks via separate 3MLE windows)

Thanks!

I guess this means I need to start learning how Midi files actually work. LOL.
  • PhoBoyPhoBoy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 575
    Haha yeah I just kept playing around with the programs and reading other submitted guides till things started clicking better.

That's why I love the community, get to share guides and tips to make things more efficient and easier for everyone! Glad I could be of service to save you some time while making your musical creations :)
    TheChaosLegend