May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

A question regarding triggers.

XianoraXianora
MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
in Housing Creations
So my house is currently a giant maze, you have to find and pull the 3 levers to open the 3 corresponding doors and escape.

My triggers for each door are set up like this, my question is if there is a better way to set these up?

lc3mmWr.png

I currently have 3 Levers + Doors, setup on each console, I tried to put them onto one console but only the first door works, I did want 8 doors and levers but seems I can't do more than 3, just wanted to confirm that.

Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• MirrenMirren
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 425
    Just tried it out, seems it is possible :)

bRWidZF.jpg
    oZqSUQJ.jpg

There's 8 possible states for all doors to be in (indicated by the XOX etc). So it is just a matter keeping track of which switches are turned on/off and moving to the correlated state. Any questions just ask!
  • XianoraXianora
    edited 12:50AM October 21, 2018
    Some issues I have with this setup.

1. Default position of levers seems wrong, levers had to be pushed twice to open the doors.
    2. Seems to be nothing stopping the doors being opened without levers (Previously they would auto close, making you find all the levers to progress).

Would also love any suggestions of a possible auto reset once they finish it, can't have many ppl in at once since if doors are open I have to manually reset the levers for another person to attempt the maze.
  • MirrenMirren
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 425
    1. That's odd, levers should default to off in all initial states. If they aren't you might need a state beforehand that ensures initial state of the levers is off and then goes into the logic above.

2. You can put an interactive object in front of your door which prevents people from being able to interact with it. Best things to use are blinds since they are visually non intrusive and you can walk through them but you can use other objects too. Some don't work/I haven't tested all of them.

Z9tO3H8.png

For an auto reset it depends on if you have a spare controller or not. If you do I would just have another door after the switch linked doors that is needed to be opened and when it does it triggers a sequence to close everything else. You would need to have that door close again before people reach it.

Another way is to have the final switch linked door on a timer (if you have logic space) and after the timer runs out it goes through a sequence to close everything in the maze. That's not the only way to use a timer here but is what I immediately think of.
  • XianoraXianora
    Well got mine exactly as you have yours and the doors still don't open correctly.

Also didn't want to add items stuck to door, you're in top down view in my maze so didnt want more items blocking vision.

It seems getting 3 seperate levers to activate 3 seperate doors isn't going to be possible on 1 console.