Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

1 Million Players Event Unfair

Comments

• Ecchym0sisEcchym0sis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    edited 6:11PM October 22, 2018
    Rezi wrote: »
    Ecchym0sis wrote: »
    If you say; well I don't wanna pay to level - then I'm sorry - you're probably to closed minded and entitled to play the game...

Did you seriously just claim that people who don't have the money to P2W the game are the entitled ones?

Looks like someone doesn't understand what having an open mind is all about.

You can't have it both ways and you can't bash the company TRYING to help you and everyone else with events.

If you wanna cry because you have a job... like almost everyone else... then there is no helping you

Who said anything about not having money to pay to win? they literally GIVE YOU afk leveling tickets for fishing and preforming....
  • Ecchym0sisEcchym0sis
    You cant make the event revolve around one person, I'm sorry, everyone has a life you're not the only one with a FULL TIME JOB! anyways they try to please EVERYONE as best as possible ALSO,

There is AFK leveling - Fishing - and Instruments

If you say; well I don't wanna pay to level - then I'm sorry - you're probably to closed minded and entitled to play the game...

Also telling them the event is unfair to you as a dedicated player is a slap in the face to be honest.

rant over/

Hmm, I don't think your rant really makes any sense. It isn't just about a full-time job or what have you, it's a combination of things. I am sure if you had a full-time job, a family, and wanted to play through the story and actually read it and hang out with friends and just chat, or work on your house ... etc. You begin to realize, asking players to be at level 60 is telling players they can't play the way they are if they want to be included.

Did you forget that bots are a thing? If they made it level 1 or 10 or any other level OTHER than 60 bots would have merets.... we dont want that do we?
  • MS2IntroductionMS2Introduction
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440
    Facts are that you were aware that you needed to hit cap to receive these awards. Another fact is that you decided not to grind towards that cap in favor of taking it slow and going at your pace. You clearly valued the latter over the merets and chose to sacrifice the event reward to "enjoy the game".

The only ones I actually sympathize with are the ones who joined maybe a day before the deadline. Twelve days was a hell of a lot of time to hit cap and can easily be done in the span of a day on a fresh character. If you really wanted the 500 merets and other rewards for cap, you would've done it. Clearly that wasn't the case. You knowingly made your decision and then decided to make a thread complaining about how it was unfair? Lol.
    Sprouti wrote: »
    Yeah, I have 150 exploration stars, mastery of music, intermediate fishing, and level 5 on all life skills because I don’t play. My initial point still stands, and some of you really need to evaluate the way you talk to people. Not everyone is the same or plays the same. Playing Maple is all I’ve really been doing in my free time lately. I’m just enjoying different aspects of the game. I don’t see why that’s so hard to believe or why people feel the need to insult me.

All you've said this whole thread is that you knowingly play Maple in a way that makes you ineligible of getting the prize within the time frame. You made no effort to change the way you play to get the prize, so you didn't get the prize. You only have yourself to blame.

If you have an issue with the way events are structured, aim them towards future events rather than complaining about an event that you were fully knowledgeable on.

What makes it unfair is you are being told to do something that you don't want to just so you can participate in the celebration that literally has nothing to do with what they are telling you to do. Even though you are also a part of the reason why the celebration event is taking place, yet you don't get to participate cause you play differently.

That's what makes it unfair. My decision to not bother doesn't change that. Why should I have to change the way I play just to be a part of the game? That is literally the unfair part.

I think it's important to understand that something can be unfair even if a person decides to not bother with it. It's so sad these sort of things need to be explained to some people.

Edit: Course fairness is pretty subjective anyway. So why even bother trying to argue with people who don't see it as fair? Not like it's going to get you anywhere.

Yeah, trying to be condescending doesn't help your case at all. Read this line I wrote again "If you have an issue with the way events are structured, aim them towards future events rather than complaining about an event that you were fully knowledgeable on. ". Just because you thought it was unfair doesn't mean it actually was unfair. It was certainly fair in that you had the same opportunities as everyone else to hit lv60. Other people did it, so why didn't you? Oh, because you didn't want to? Okay, that is what you chose and you knew what the result of it would be. Other people made the decision to hit cap and get the rewards (people like you who may have wanted to take their time) and that's what they got. All I'm seeing is that you wanted to have the cake and eat it too.

I've deleted the second half of my response because clearly you're looking for an echo chamber. It's hypocritical to expect people to understand why you feel it's unfair (and also really disingenuous to assume the people who disagree with you don't understand why you feel that way) and yet you seem to have no interest in acknowledging that maybe the event was, despite poor design choices, fair.

Didn't like how it was run? Go make a thread with constructive feedback and solutions for future events, which can actually be influenced unlike this finished one.
  • SproutiSprouti
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,780
    Please stop commenting on the thread. I made my point, I tried to end the conversation, it’s unproductive at this point to keep arguing when clearly no one is going to agree fully. I am grateful to Nexon for providing players with events, and I feel as if people misunderstood the point I was trying to make. I’m going to keep having fun playing the game the way I want and I encourage everyone else to do the same. Just please remember the people on the other side of the screen are human and deserve to be treated kindly. Much love.
    Specks
  • Ecchym0sisEcchym0sis
    Greta wrote: »
    So having a life or wanting to play the game with normal pace is lame? Some people like to explore and read through story, why we must be forced to drop everything and rush things?

No one is FORCING you to do anything
  • Ecchym0sisEcchym0sis
    edited 6:16PM October 22, 2018
    You cant make the event revolve around one person, I'm sorry, everyone has a life you're not the only one with a FULL TIME JOB! anyways they try to please EVERYONE as best as possible ALSO,

There is AFK leveling - Fishing - and Instruments

Also telling them the event is unfair to you as a dedicated player is a slap in the face to be honest.

rant over/

Hmm, I don't think your rant really makes any sense. It isn't just about a full-time job or what have you, it's a combination of things. I am sure if you had a full-time job, a family, and wanted to play through the story and actually read it and hang out with friends and just chat, or work on your house ... etc. You begin to realize, asking players to be at level 60 is telling players they can't play the way they are if they want to be included.

It makes plenty of sense.... NEXON doesnt have to do anything, but it seems that when they CHOOSE to do something decent people still crap all over their apple pie. "EVENTS" are that for a reason, if you can't meet the "requirements" tough luck!
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Did you forget that bots are a thing? If they made it level 1 or 10 or any other level OTHER than 60 bots would have merets.... we dont want that do we?

Interesting. Very interesting indeed. So if bots can get to level 10, level 20, level 30, level 40 and level 50. What stops them from getting to level 60? How exactly is 60 the definitive number that bots can't get to?

Yeah, trying to be condescending doesn't help your case at all.
    Was not really meant to help my case, so it doesn't matter. Was just an observation I made.
    Read this line I wrote again "If you have an issue with the way events are structured, aim them towards future events rather than complaining about an event that you were fully knowledgeable on. ".
    I complain about this event in hopes the next one is changed. I don't see the problem.
    Just because you thought it was unfair doesn't mean it actually was unfair.
    Just because you thought it was fair doesn't mean it actually was fair. You know your arguments are bad when you can use them against yourself.
    It was certainly fair in that you had the same opportunities as everyone else to hit lv60.
    Sure, and yet it was unfair because it required me to play like everyone else instead of being able to play how I want.
    Other people did it, so why didn't you?
    Because it didn't align with how I wanted to play. This has been explained over and over again, yet you seem to not understand it. Or you are ignoring it.
    Oh, because you didn't want to? Okay, that is what you chose and you knew what the result of it would be.
    Indeed, but I can still consider it unfair because what does my play style have anything to do with a million player event?
    Other people made the decision to hit cap and get the rewards (people like you who may have wanted to take their time) and that's what they got. All I'm seeing is that you wanted to have the cake and eat it too.
    Sure, in this case, I think it's reasonable to have my cake and eat it too. Why should I settle for anything less? Are you telling me I should just not play how I want to play, ruining the game for me just so I can participate in an event that should technically be for everyone? Sorry, no. I don't agree with you.
    I've deleted the second half of my response because clearly you're looking for an echo chamber. It's hypocritical to expect people to understand why you feel it's unfair (and also really disingenuous to assume the people who disagree with you don't understand why you feel that way) and yet you seem to have no interest in acknowledging that maybe the event was, despite poor design choices, fair.
    Fair to you, but not fair to me. And again, I can use your same arguments agaisnt you ... just watch.

It's hypocritical to expect people to understand why you feel it's fair (and also really disingenuous to assume the people who disagree with you don't understand why you feel that way) and yet you seem to have no interesting in acknowledging that maybe the event was, despite poor design choices, unfair.
    Didn't like how it was run? Go make a thread with constructive feedback and solutions for future events, which can actually be influenced unlike this finished one.
    So why can't are complaints here be heard so it doesn't happen for the next event? It's not like I am expecting to get anything from this event, so I really don't even know why you have a problem with this thread. We are doing exactly what you are telling us to do. You are being ridiculous.

Specks
  • EpiclolEpiclol
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 870
    Oh boy, what did I just walk into.
  • 3Rton3Rton
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 720
    Boy this
    Epiclol wrote: »
    Oh boy, what did I just walk into.

Toxic wasteland.
  • CLCCLC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375