Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Elixirs can now be bought with Merets. P2W topic.

Comments

• MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    edited 4:06PM October 21, 2018
    Nikynoonoo wrote: »
    The best ones? Those normally come at a huge price or requirements to even make them and usually there isn't just one there is multiple for different things games have gotten more casual these days, but classic versions are big right now and that's where you will see this kind of thing. You must have started playing mmos 2010 further because this is something that might be expected
    I started playing MMOs quite a long time ago. I am 31. XD
    I also never suggested you need to buy the best ones. My point is, supplies are not typically hard to come by and you really don't ever need the best ones to even get by.
    Also, really good elixirs and potions are so often given out for events, and there are usually so many events that it's really not a problem.
    Look, if this was an older MMO where it was seriously in depth and these things were actually very important, you might then have a point. But this is such an overly casual Korean MMO that it's really not that kind of game. Being able to buy elixirs in this game isn't going to give anyone enough of an advantage for you be this concerned with.
    I'm not sure of all the ways to get elixirs the only one I know of through normal play (excluding events since those will end) is from world bosses and those are a maybe you'll get some those aren't going to take a few minutes especially if you're trying to get a decent amount.

When I said collecting supplies, I wasn't talking strictly elixirs but anything that is close to or equal to. In other words, you don't have to get those elixirs specifically., and that is assuming you don't already have some, which you probably will.
    The third option is indifferent not yes or no so trying to count them as them saying it's fine is being dishonest.
    I didn't count them saying it's fine. I said that 1/3 of people are not fine, while you said it was 50/50. Which is just wrong. You are the one being dishonest.
    The option flat out says no they don't belong in the market take them out if they didn't care they would have voted the third option, but they didn't trying to say people saying no don't think it's a problem is laughable are you trying to say they don't know what they're voting for?
    Yes, and only 1/3 of people who voted said no. I never said the people who said no, don't think it's a problem. What I said is, the people who said no .. you can't gauge how much they consider it a problem. I hope you do understand there are different levels when it comes to problems, it's not black and white. For example, having my arm cut off is a bigger problem than hitting my knee against a counter. Both are problems, but both are not as severe. That is what I meant, but it seems you misunderstood me.
    I don't act like the 50% on one side is a big deal compared to the other rather I said that when there is this much of a divide this issue should at the very least be addressed.
    No, in fact, you claimed it must be pay to win because "50%" (really 33%) said so. I would call that making it a big deal compared to the other side.
    When they find out the game has P2W elements in it you will lose a lot of perspective customers off of that alone.
    Yuo do realize you can't please everyone right? The same is true if there is no pay to win, there are people who like that. The poll on this page quite literally shows only about 1/3 of the community here on the forum conside it pay to win, and these are people who are already playing. It's going to be far less for those who decide not to play because of it.
    This companies reputation sucks already to outsiders because of P2W if they really want to change that around and win customers back like it's clear they want to do they're going to have to prove it.
    The companies reputation sucks because of a lot of reasons, not just pay to win.
    Their loot box practices, for example, have probably been an even bigger issue than their pay to win practices. They got rid of most of the pay to win in this game. Their goal doesn't have to be to please everyone who decides to throw a hissy fit over something so minor and as small as elixirs. They only need to do well enough that they are earning enough money to keep the game going and to make most players playing, happy.
    I don't have an opinion on it is a lot different from saying keep them you can't lump the two in together to attempt to prove a point. There is more people there saying to remove than there is to keep them that can be said with 100% certainty. I'm also not just talking about people on here with that sentence I'm also talking about people on the outside who may have an interest.

There are more people saying not to remove it or they don't have an opinion, than there are people who are saying get rid of it. And that is 100% as well. I am beginning to suspect you don't really know how polls work. The reason I am grouping the "no opinion" people with those who want to keep it is that we are trying to gauge how many people see it as a problem as it currently is. As it stands right now, only 1/3 of people who have voted here see it as a problem. The other 2/3 do not.
    I can see we clearly have a huge difference of what P2W is because I played in an era where if you wanted something you had to actually play the game and get it you could not buy anything to help you out there was no conveniences you either got the item by playing or you didn't get it at all.
    And you would be wrong to think that. I just learned to move on. What the industry was like back in the day doesn't mean it's the same now. MMOs are not even the same compared to the way they were back in the day, so even trying to compare them is absurd.

For example, I can sit here and complain all day that back in my day we had to work for are levels and it was about the journey and not this endgame crap. But do you have any idea where that will get me today? The answer is nowhere because that isn't what the majority of players care about. That isn't what they want. I just have learned to accept that. Now that doesn't mean I will accept everything a company does. I already get on Nexon's case about a lot of crap. But this ... elixirs, complaining about this just comes off as petty.
    Paying for items in the game is a modern concept and I certainly don't approve of it if the game is F2P fine they can have the cosmetics, but if they make it so you can get advantages or items by paying for them that is not ok by me.
    Yep, I am aware it's a modern concept and I learned to adjust and not brood over it and act bitter. I just play the way I like to play and I let people play the way they like to play. I know, bizare concept isn't it?
    I wouldn't say this is the biggest issue this game is having (the fact that you can get to max level in a day is imo), but downplaying it and acting like it isn't an issue isn't what I would call a solution.
    Ok, I am going to be 100% frank with you. This game is not what you want it to be. Not even close and it never will be. If they decide to remove elixirs, great. But I don't think it would make any difference at the end of the day because this isn't that type of game.

You are pretty much trying to fix something that isn't actually broken, it's just there. It's like a nail in a piece of wood not doing anything, but just because it's there you want to try removing it even though it wouldn't make any difference at all. Fine ... whatever. Have fun wasting your time. XD
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    edited 6:34PM October 21, 2018
    I started playing MMOs quite a long time ago. I am 31. XD
    I also never suggested you need to buy the best ones. My point is, supplies are not typically hard to come by and you really don't ever need the best ones to even get by.
    Also, really good elixirs and potions are so often given out for events, and there are usually so many events that it's really not a problem.
    Look, if this was an older MMO where it was seriously in depth and these things were actually very important, you might then have a point. But this is such an overly casual Korean MMO that it's really not that kind of game. Being able to buy elixirs in this game isn't going to give anyone enough of an advantage for you be this concerned with.

I do have concerns, but I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it. We've only had one event that gave out elixirs at all on the wheel (that I might lose sleep over how do you get the mount on spin 7 then take 40+ to get the slime chest). I'm sure it seems like I'm being overdramatic, but I promise it's not that serious it's more of a lack of good topics on here.
    When I said collecting supplies, I wasn't talking strictly elixirs but anything that is close to or equal to. In other words, you don't have to get those elixirs specifically., and that is assuming you don't already have some, which you probably will.

Limited time ones except the two I got from a world boss, but the point is that if I want to be on equal footing as somebody who has elixirs I have to grind out getting them which automatically means I'm not on equal ground to begin with.
    I didn't count them saying it's fine. I said that 1/3 of people are not fine, while you said it was 50/50. Which is just wrong. You are the one being dishonest.

I said 50/50 out of people who voted yes or no context matters.
    Yes, and only 1/3 of people who voted said no. I never said the people who said no, don't think it's a problem. What I said is, the people who said no .. you can't gauge how much they consider it a problem. I hope you do understand there are different levels when it comes to problems, it's not black and white. For example, having my arm cut off is a bigger problem than hitting my knee against a counter. Both are problems, but both are not as severe. That is what I meant, but it seems you misunderstood me.

Fair enough, but that doesn't change the fact it's still an issue. There's always many problems (*cough minigame trophies *cough*), but that doesn't mean it should just be swept under the rug with a shrug.
    No, in fact, you claimed it must be pay to win because "50%" (really 33%) said so. I would call that making it a big deal compared to the other side.

Again I said out of people who said yes or no and brought attention to the fact that there was a divide this huge. I'm sorry, but you don't get a divide this big when there isn't something wrong.
    Yuo do realize you can't please everyone right? The same is true if there is no pay to win, there are people who like that. The poll on this page quite literally shows only about 1/3 of the community here on the forum conside it pay to win, and these are people who are already playing. It's going to be far less for those who decide not to play because of it.

How would you know that? These are people that for all you know could be gone already and this is the time where you will see that a lot it's the second week of this game being out you don't start to find out how large your playerbase really is until maybe the second month to weed out the tourists.
    The companies reputation sucks because of a lot of reasons, not just pay to win.
    Their loot box practices, for example, have probably been an even bigger issue than their pay to win practices. They got rid of most of the pay to win in this game. Their goal doesn't have to be to please everyone who decides to throw a hissy fit over something so minor and as small as elixirs. They only need to do well enough that they are earning enough money to keep the game going and to make most players playing, happy.

On the outside no Nexon is most known for being the creaters of pay to win so when you're trying to say you're turning a new leaf and bring back a customer base you're going to need to prove it and having this doesn't exactly inspire confidence it just results in people saying "Nexon is still Nexon". I'm not as worried about people who carried from maplestory 1 because lets be honest if they haven't quit after all that then they aren't going anywhere.
    There are more people saying not to remove it or they don't have an opinion, than there are people who are saying get rid of it. And that is 100% as well. I am beginning to suspect you don't really know how polls work. The reason I am grouping the "no opinion" people with those who want to keep it is that we are trying to gauge how many people see it as a problem as it currently is. As it stands right now, only 1/3 of people who have voted here see it as a problem. The other 2/3 do not.

That's not how it works because that goes the other way with people being indifferent meaning it doesn't matter to them so if we're going by that logic 73% would be happy or fine with them being gone as opposed to 66%. Which one has more value? I've never heard of a company who lost more players because they removed P2W aspects, but I can give plenty of the opposite.
    And you would be wrong to think that. I just learned to move on. What the industry was like back in the day doesn't mean it's the same now. MMOs are not even the same compared to the way they were back in the day, so even trying to compare them is absurd.

For example, I can sit here and complain all day that back in my day we had to work for are levels and it was about the journey and not this endgame crap. But do you have any idea where that will get me today? The answer is nowhere because that isn't what the majority of players care about. That isn't what they want. I just have learned to accept that. Now that doesn't mean I will accept everything a company does. I already get on Nexon's case about a lot of crap. But this ... elixirs, complaining about this just comes off as petty.

It would get you pretty far actually in fact if you were on Runescape you would be what saved the game from being shut down. Have you not seen what's going on people are getting sick of what mmos are now classic servers are huge and people are catching on. Old School Runescape, Classic WoW is coming, Everquest, hell even maplestory is watching how WoW does it even they have interest in doing it. I don't know where you've been, but you're missing out on some good things coming. Back in the day I would have said giving them a hard time about elixirs is petty, but that's what I said about the first microtransaction that came out on Runescape and boy did that just get worse and worse from a game that was supposed to be firmly against P2W. It might seem petty, but to me this is just a stepping stone to the one thing that will kill this game faster than anything else possibly could I don't think even you could deny that going further with P2W would kill this game pretty much overnight.
    Yep, I am aware it's a modern concept and I learned to adjust and not brood over it and act bitter. I just play the way I like to play and I let people play the way they like to play. I know, bizare concept isn't it?

What are you on and where can I get some? No but seriously I've been burned by it multiple times and I've learned if you want companies to stop sucking the life out of games stop forgiving them when they do it. Look at loot boxes here (they still are in a bad spot, but better I guess) nothing would have happened if nobody said anything.
    Ok, I am going to be 100% frank with you. This game is not what you want it to be. Not even close and it never will be. If they decide to remove elixirs, great. But I don't think it would make any difference at the end of the day because this isn't that type of game.

You are pretty much trying to fix something that isn't actually broken, it's just there. It's like a nail in a piece of wood not doing anything, but just because it's there you want to try removing it even though it wouldn't make any difference at all. Fine ... whatever. Have fun wasting your time. XD

When it comes to this game there is things I like and things I don't like. For me I personally feel that if you aren't the creative type then you are going to get bored very quickly because I would say that is the games strongest aspect. There is a charm though that I like such as being able to go to the tria message board and see what funny meme somebody put up or when fighting that world boss that gave me two elixirs somebody decided to play the pokemon battle theme it's those little things that get me. To me that piece of wood with a nail in it is a perfect analogy because it seems small and harmless if you just ignore it, but one day you might step on it and catch tetanus that is what elixirs are to me something that could be ignored, but could very well lead to very bad things.

I'm sure I come off as being a lot more harsh and critical on the forums, but when I come on the forums I prefer to actually talk about things because I can just as easily mess around ingame. This is probably one of the few topics that actually has some discussion to be had about it since other things have kind been covered with nexon acknowledging them or are simply lacking in new topics that have some weight behind them. Said pretty much all there is to be said on this topic I think but feel free to message me in game if you wanted to talk about stuff.
  • TeisutoTeisuto
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    P2W to me is directly buying gear score... not a huge deal to be able to buy elixirs with merits. Especially when priests heal better & you can get them relatively easily in game.
    Ideghallia
  • MS2IntroductionMS2Introduction
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440
    This is like the most ridiculous stretch of claiming MS2 is P2W I have seen yet lol. The only thing I've read that somewhat resembles an argument is that elixirs are the best for DD, which I think is dumb. Using elixirs there means you're getting hit. You lose points for getting hit. If you're needing ELIXIRS for your dark descent runs, you're probably not going to be winning much of anything there in the first place lol. This goes double for dungeons; I can get through a 4 DPS FD run using only like 10-15 white herbs without taking over 14 minutes. This goes down to none with a semi-decent priest. Only times I've even drank my elixirs were for trophies.

Elixirs do NOT affect your progress. They are NOT an advantage in and of themselves.

Your argument lost credibility the moment I read "The fact is this is a paid advantage his elixir heals more than my potion I can't "feel" like I'm at a disadvantage his item straight up heals more than mine and he didn't even work for it he bought it."

He healed more than you because he brought a better potion. Do you have access to that exact same potion? Yes. Why didn't you bring one? "I'm too lazy to farm a few." He had no PAID ADVANTAGE lmao. A paid advantage would be a potion in the cash shop that is better than anything available to F2P and not-farmable. He paid for convenience, which is what supports the current P2W-less state of the game alongside cosmetics. You'd have a better leg to stand on if farming elixirs of all things took significantly long or a lot effort, but you don't cause elixirs are ridiculously easy to get. Elixirs being in the shop is a stupidity tax if anything.

You might as well quit if you consider convenience P2W because the game is chock-full of it.
    Sonnenlicht
  • _Lil_Puddin__Lil_Puddin_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,210
    All MMOs have a cashshop super potion of some kind and most folk don't consider a P2W feature. However, we can get these elixirs through wooden/golden treasure chests and events. So even if it was considered a P2W feature (for some reason), it'd still be pretty fair. Especially since, you know, meso-bought-potions/priests/med kits exist? lol
    Ideghallia