Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19
Closed

Big Props To Nexon For Standing Up Against SJWs

Comments

  • EekvolemEekvolem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited 9:16PM October 18, 2018
    I personally have issues with people promoting sexuality and such heavily in MapleStory 2 as well, but that's besides the point here. Politics have no real place in MapleStory 2, where half the user base are either children who don't properly understand, or are just from different countries and have different political structures and ideology from each other. It just doesn't belong, and you are free to talk elsewhere and have civil discussions based on it. However, MapleStory 2 is very rarely going to be a game that contains civil discussions involving politics.
    Xtony
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    Eekvolem wrote: »
    I personally have issues with people promoting sexuality and such heavily in MapleStory 2 as well, but that's besides the point here. Politics have no real place in MapleStory 2, where half the user base are either children who don't properly understand, or are just from different countries and have different political structures and ideology from each other. It just doesn't belong, and you are free to talk elsewhere and have civil discussions based on it. However, MapleStory 2 is very rarely going to be a game that contains civil discussions involving politics.

    Well from what I've seen so far I believe it can remain civil so long as people don't get personal or let their feelings dictate their words.

    Though I think it's fair to say that most people simply don't like politics cause they aren't sure of what's actually going on and they have come to a realization that they have been fed some false information. As for me I have been pushing to allow political discussion everywhere instead of tabooing it.

    You know what it is that caused this great divide between the left and the right and among many Americans right? It's actually the lack of political discussions between the two. Once the left demonizes the right as racists, sexists, bigots, and etc, anything reasoning that the right tries to explain will just go in one ear and out the other to them and automatically the reason for any action or decision that the right makes is cause of some racism or sexism or other nonsense.

    People have this strong association with being good and being the good guys fighting on the right side here, they have the hardest time accepting that they were wrong, but I once made an analogy of this conflict:

    "There is a crowded train station, when the train pulls into the station it is already mostly filled with people, the man who holds the door open to allow other people in are the leftists/liberals, he is clearly doing a good thing right? Holding the door open for people....but what he doesn't realize is that when he does that, he is delaying the train and everyone on it, not only that but he is also delaying the trains in the other stations, which then causes the stations and trains to become more crowded over time, the correct choice would be to let the train go."

    This is why we always say "The path to hell is paved with good intentions."

    Which is why I see no problems with people promoting whatever they believe in or their sexuality, whether they be gay, straight, lesbian, or their ethnicity whether they be black or white, just let the people do what they want.

    It's clear that the only way to really end this divide is to just let people argue, debate, and talk it out with one another and understand each other. Silencing them will only prolong the conflict and feed the growing distaste towards those who try to silence them. It solves nothing, anyone with common sense would have realized this by now, if not then they will eventually.
    NikynoonooDragonicWolfTechn0mancer
  • IdeghalliaIdeghallia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »

    It's not like they are looking at hentai or some form of pornography, but just a cartoon drawing of a face meant to be humorous. Maybe you have a problem with it but a majority of people actually don't care and don't mind it at all.

    MAGA bothers no one except for those who have some sort of mental illness. If it does bother people, then it must bother people as much as PRIDE bothers people or as much as how SJWs infringing their intersectionality on others.

    But to the common folk, it's all really just nonsense and in truth none of it bothers anyone, it's just a bunch of people who throw a tantrum when they see something that they don't like cause it doesn't agree with whatever agenda they are trying to push for, while forcing their own in people's faces whether they like it or not. It's just pure hypocrisy.

    Look bottom line is that it's better to just allow everything. Freedom of speech, freedom of expression, no matter how chaotic it may be, remember having tolerance? If you are going to be tolerant, it means you're gonna have to be tolerant of all things. For most people MAGA simply means "Make America Great Again", it's a positive message but people will attach negative meanings to whatever symbols as they please. Kind of like how the Swastika was originally a Hindu symbol for good luck, but then WW2 happens and it suddenly means something else entirely.



    Tell me how a majority of people can agree with something like this^

    So far the left has been pushing stuff that's been going to opposite direction as to what they are supposed to be against, you basically see the same thing, with people focusing too much on ethnicity and sexuality, going as far as categorizing them into some sort of rankings with straight white males at the bottom.

    Then we have Affirmative Action which has been hurting my fellow Asians.


    It's not fair that we have to work 4 times harder than everyone else just to get in. This is how we ended up with a bunch of unqualified people in places like Yale, Harvard, and Princeton, all for the sake of what? Diversity? Weren't we to judge folks by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin?

    Do you not realize these things? =/


    More often than not when an ahegao face is used in this game for UGC, it is cropped from a hentai comic, so yes, people are inherently looking at hentai even if it's just a portion of it. I have only come across one hand-drawn ahegao face. I have no idea what the 'humor' in this is because when I see it, I associate it with hentai personally and nothing more. The fact you have declared that someone who is bothered by "MAGA" has some sort of mental illness renders whatever argument you have useless. If you want people to take your argument seriously, I'd recommend not insulting people in the process.

    "MAGA" is not a positive message and it's disheartening that you think it is. When people hear "MAGA", they immediately associate it with Trump because that is his trademark as the current president. No one has ever said "MAGA" before Trump came around so you can't really compare it to the Swastika because no one ever actually believed America was never not great, ESPECIALLY the self-proclaimed patriots.

    "Just allow everything" is such an irresponsible suggestion. We will have agree to disagree on this because we'll just go in circles at this rate.

    Regardless of personal feelings about this, Nexon has a set of rules for UGC as someone mentioned earlier. Also, you don't get to make the rules on tolerance. Everybody has different levels of tolerance. Some have none, some have a lot.


    PinkFoxxy
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    Ideghallia wrote: »

    More often than not when an ahegao face is used in this game for UGC, it is cropped from a hentai comic, so yes, people are inherently looking at hentai even if it's just a portion of it. I have only come across one hand-drawn ahegao face. I have no idea what the 'humor' in this is because when I see it, I associate it with hentai personally and nothing more. The fact you have declared that someone who is bothered by "MAGA" has some sort of mental illness renders whatever argument you have useless. If you want people to take your argument seriously, I'd recommend not insulting people in the process.

    "MAGA" is not a positive message and it's disheartening that you think it is. When people hear "MAGA", they immediately associate it with Trump because that is his trademark as the current president. No one has ever said "MAGA" before Trump came around so you can't really compare it to the Swastika because no one ever actually believed America was never not great, ESPECIALLY the self-proclaimed patriots.

    "Just allow everything" is such an irresponsible suggestion. We will have agree to disagree on this because we'll just go in circles at this rate.

    Regardless of personal feelings about this, Nexon has a set of rules for UGC as someone mentioned earlier. Also, you don't get to make the rules on tolerance. Everybody has different levels of tolerance. Some have none, some have a lot.


    Then you tell me how we will decide what can stay and what should go.

    And explain why it can stay or why it needs to go. Cause people feel the same way towards the "PRIDE" stuff as one may feel about the "ahegao" face, using the same argument that you are using.

    unknown.png

    So why should one be allowed to get what they want, while the other doesn't?
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    I get that most SJWs think they are making the world a better place but they are not, they are just slowly taking away our freedom to really do anything with more rules and backward ideologies.



    Your argument to remove the MAGA stuff is about as strong as this young man's argument for his social justice. At the end of the day you are really just forcing out those whose views, don't exactly align with yours and those who you don't like, or you're just vying for some sense of moral superiority.

    And quite frankly this is also the same reason why a majority of people who weren't going to vote for Trump, voted for Trump in the end.

    Cause when those Anti-Trump protesters blocked the streets and prevented us, the working people, from getting to work and from going home, making us late for both, it really irritated a vast number of us. Then when the Antifa rallies happened, property damage and violence, it really sparked outrage and anger, among a even larger majority of Americans in general. This is why so many people switched from the Left to the Right, cause they don't want to defend or side with those who would take their freedoms away for the sake of social justice and a false sense moral superiority. You might think allowing everything is irresponsible, but it's actually one of the two most logical choices here, the other being to take away everything.

    Would you not complain if we decided to remove all pride stuff from the game? You would deem it as oppression or something similar wouldn't you?
    DragonicWolfArkivesXtonyCarisei
  • IdeghalliaIdeghallia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »

    Then you tell me how we will decide what can stay and what should go.

    And explain why it can stay or why it needs to go. Cause people feel the same way towards the "PRIDE" stuff as one may feel about the "ahegao" face, using the same argument that you are using.

    unknown.png

    So why should one be allowed to get what they want, while the other doesn't?

    Gay pride does not associate with porn whereas ahegao does especially if it is cropped from a hentai comic. There's the immediate difference. People who assume "PRIDE" is sexual are clearly ignorant on the issue.


    https://support-maplestory2.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360000991503-UGC-Content-User-Rules-and-Legal-Notice

    "3) To use UGC properly, please comply with the rules shown below.

    -Users cannot create UGC that infringes on the rights of other parties (rights which include but are not limited to copyright, trademark, portrait, intellectual property, personal information and privacy). MapleStory 2 reserves the right to delete or hide any UGC it deems as infringement on such rights.

    -Users cannot create/publish/use any UGC that displays obscenity, hatred, slander, radical political leanings, etc. which violate the operating policy. MapleStory 2 reserves the right to delete or hide anything that is deemed as a violation of the operating policy."

    As someone said earlier, LGBT is not inherently affiliated with any political party. As for the underwear itself...what are you really asking here? If the underwear is sexual or obscene? I mean, men walk around on the beach in just some swim trunks and swimmers wear things like those...?
    SyrusMarufuji
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    edited 10:04PM October 18, 2018
    Ideghallia wrote: »
    Zarozian wrote: »

    Then you tell me how we will decide what can stay and what should go.

    And explain why it can stay or why it needs to go. Cause people feel the same way towards the "PRIDE" stuff as one may feel about the "ahegao" face, using the same argument that you are using.

    unknown.png

    So why should one be allowed to get what they want, while the other doesn't?

    Gay pride does not associate with porn whereas ahegao does especially if it is cropped from a hentai comic. There's the immediate difference. People who assume "PRIDE" is sexual are clearly ignorant on the issue.


    https://support-maplestory2.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360000991503-UGC-Content-User-Rules-and-Legal-Notice

    "3) To use UGC properly, please comply with the rules shown below.

    -Users cannot create UGC that infringes on the rights of other parties (rights which include but are not limited to copyright, trademark, portrait, intellectual property, personal information and privacy). MapleStory 2 reserves the right to delete or hide any UGC it deems as infringement on such rights.

    -Users cannot create/publish/use any UGC that displays obscenity, hatred, slander, radical political leanings, etc. which violate the operating policy. MapleStory 2 reserves the right to delete or hide anything that is deemed as a violation of the operating policy."

    As someone said earlier, LGBT is not inherently affiliated with any political party. As for the underwear itself...what are you really asking here? If the underwear is sexual or obscene? I mean, men walk around on the beach in just some swim trunks and swimmers wear things like those...?

    Yes we all know that LBGT isn't different species of people, but a group of people with different sexual preferences, there's even a tab for you guys in certain sites for those who are into that kind of thing.

    But then I guess MAGA is fine as well since it isn't a radical political leaning like Antifa or the Leftists. So you should have no problems with it staying in the game am I right?
  • DragonicWolfDragonicWolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,320
    Posts: 172
    Member
    PizzaBear wrote: »
    Ideologies are the last thing this game should have.

    Any company who bends over for the perpetually offended regressive illiberal left will lose out in the end. Get Woke Go Broke. NEVER apologize to these people.
    ZarozianCarisei
  • IdeghalliaIdeghallia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »

    Then I guess MAGA is fine as well since it isn't a radical political leaning. So you should have no problems with it staying in the game am I right?

    That's your opinion that it isn't a radical political leaning. I personally think it is. People who wear those hats, IN MY OPINION, are compensating for something. But hey, it doesn't really matter what I think, does it? I live in a red-state and many people here voted for him, but they're not wearing those stupid red-hats and the ones who do? Woof, they ARE radical lol.

  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    PizzaBear wrote: »
    Ideologies are the last thing this game should have.

    Any company who bends over for the perpetually offended regressive illiberal left will lose out in the end. Get Woke Go Broke. NEVER apologize to these people.

    Yes yes I know a lot of us are fed up and sick of it. But we will do as we always have and just vote against them instead of insulting them, till they get the point and stop trying to pressure us into agreeing with them. This coming election vote Republican! = w=
    Techn0mancer
  • DragonicWolfDragonicWolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,320
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited 10:10PM October 18, 2018
    Ideghallia wrote: »
    they're not wearing those stupid red-hats and the ones who do? Woof, they ARE radical lol.
    The fact that you believe everyone who wears a MAGA hat is radical says more about you than it does about them. People should be judged on their individual characters, not on what symbols they wear that you get offended by.

    ZarozianCarisei
  • IdeghalliaIdeghallia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Ideghallia wrote: »
    they're not wearing those stupid red-hats and the ones who do? Woof, they ARE radical lol.
    The fact that you believe everyone who wears a MAGA hat is radical says more about you than it does about them. People should be judged on their individual characters, not on what symbols they wear that you get offended by.

    I was honestly trying to make a joke. I don't actually think every person who wears that hat is radical.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    edited 10:19PM October 18, 2018
    Ideghallia wrote: »
    Zarozian wrote: »

    Then I guess MAGA is fine as well since it isn't a radical political leaning. So you should have no problems with it staying in the game am I right?

    That's your opinion that it isn't a radical political leaning. I personally think it is. People who wear those hats, IN MY OPINION, are compensating for something. But hey, it doesn't really matter what I think, does it? I live in a red-state and many people here voted for him, but they're not wearing those stupid red-hats and the ones who do? Woof, they ARE radical lol.

    Well if you wanna lump us all together like that, like how racists usually would do then sure, but radical in my opinion are those who aren't open to discussion and would go as far as resorting to violence and even murder for their cause, which is what the left has been doing so far, majority of the right has been very moderate about it.

    I just find it ironic since I remember people telling the Right not to riot and protest when Hillary wins the election, but when Trump won they did exactly that. =/

    It's really not fair to label us like that especially when we also voted for Obama thinking it would be refreshing to have a black president, there were no riots or complaints of this scale either when he won, but what happened when Trump won? He wasn't racist, sexist, or anti-gay. The man grew up along side us in NYC one of the most liberal and diverse places in America. Trump is in fact a liberal himself and people used to love him and who he is just a year before the elections.

    They even made a music video about him:


    But once the media says a few things about him, everyone just suddenly believes it as the truth and won't believe anyone who says otherwise, labeling them as racists, sexists, and anti-gay for supporting the man, not giving us any room for factual explanations and reasons.

    And what bothered me was not how much power and influence the media has over people, but rather how people couldn't think for themselves, I always thought people would look for the truth themselves instead of catering and conforming to the masses, the majority of people being sheep was quite shocking to me at the time but at least today a lot of people know better now.


    DragonicWolf
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    Basically all this pushing from the left is making enemies of what would of been potential allies.

    It's the same thing with the social classes. The rich actually does want to help the middle class and the poor but.....


    You know we tax them more out of envy. This actually immobilizes financial mobility for everyone.
  • ArkivesArkives
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    Posts: 19
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »
    I get that most SJWs think they are making the world a better place but they are not, they are just slowly taking away our freedom to really do anything with more rules and backward ideologies.



    Your argument to remove the MAGA stuff is about as strong as this young man's argument for his social justice. At the end of the day you are really just forcing out those whose views, don't exactly align with yours and those who you don't like, or you're just vying for some sense of moral superiority.

    And quite frankly this is also the same reason why a majority of people who weren't going to vote for Trump, voted for Trump in the end.

    Cause when those Anti-Trump protesters blocked the streets and prevented us, the working people, from getting to work and from going home, making us late for both, it really irritated a vast number of us. Then when the Antifa rallies happened, property damage and violence, it really sparked outrage and anger, among a even larger majority of Americans in general. This is why so many people switched from the Left to the Right, cause they don't want to defend or side with those who would take their freedoms away for the sake of social justice and a false sense moral superiority. You might think allowing everything is irresponsible, but it's actually one of the two most logical choices here, the other being to take away everything.

    Would you not complain if we decided to remove all pride stuff from the game? You would deem it as oppression or something similar wouldn't you?


    In my state it's legal to run over these protestors... it's the best rule ever passed on paper.
    Zarozian
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    Arkives wrote: »


    In my state it's legal to run over these protestors... it's the best rule ever passed on paper.

    Waaaat? What state are you from?

    Cause I know here in NYC, the Ambulances weren't able to reach the protesters who did get run over by the fed up working class, due to another protest blocking the Ambulances, they were crying out asking why no one is trying to help them or their friend who got ran over. It's just....like it's sad but...you kind of want to laugh at them and tell them that they did this to themselves, but you say nothing and you keep going about your day cause you got more important things to do...
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Posts: 361
    Member
    This stupid thread is literally bait to flaunt your argument and beliefs and preach them/link more videos.

    You're literally doing what a sjw does, just on the opposite side of the fence.
    SyrusMarufujiIdeghalliaArkivesValwynAlilatiasSecrotsIritokiHeartdonor
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    Posts: 421
    Member
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    This stupid thread is literally bait to flaunt your argument and beliefs and preach them/link more videos.

    You're literally doing what a sjw does, just on the opposite side of the fence.

    No but it is a good opportunity to clear up some misunderstandings between the two sides.
  • IdeghalliaIdeghallia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »

    Well if you wanna lump us all together like that, like how racists usually would do then sure, but radical in my opinion are those who aren't open to discussion and would go as far as resorting to violence and even murder for their cause, which is what the left has been doing so far, majority of the right has been very moderate about it.

    I just find it ironic since I remember people telling the Right not to riot and protest when Hillary wins the election, but when Trump won they did exactly that. =/

    It's really not fair to label us like that especially when we also voted for Obama thinking it would be refreshing to have a black president, there were no riots or complaints of this scale either when he won, but what happened when Trump won? He wasn't racist, sexist, or anti-gay. The man grew up along side us in NYC one of the most liberal and diverse places in America. Trump is in fact a liberal himself and people used to love him and who he is just a year before the elections.

    They even made a music video about him:


    But once the media says a few things about him, everyone just suddenly believes it as the truth and won't believe anyone who says otherwise, labeling them as racists, sexists, and anti-gay for supporting the man, not giving us any room for factual explanations and reasons.

    And what bothered me was not how much power and influence the media has over people, but rather how people couldn't think for themselves, I always thought people would look for the truth themselves instead of catering and conforming to the masses, the majority of people being sheep was quite shocking to me at the time but at least today a lot of people know better now.


    I mean, you also lumped people together by saying "we working people", implying those protesters don't work. You're not going to sit here and lecture me about the left's violence when the right has a history of violence too, I'm not defending violence, I think it's terrible and no one should resort to it, only in a perfect world... Obama was treated like garbage by the right but you're correct, it wasn't nearly as bad because Obama was a decent human being that didn't spout hateful rhetoric, even when he was being told to kill himself by the right. Let's not forget funny Joe Walsh with his "If Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket, who's with me?". Yeah, because that's such a nonviolent thing to say. You say many of New Yorkers loved Trump and I spoke with many who said otherwise. Trump may have never said anything blatantly racist or sexist, but people can read between the lines and judge based off his actions. Cheating on his wives, his wonderful "grab 'em by the hooha" line, and the fact he slept with a pornstar and paid her to stay hushed? Right...he really respects women. I'm sure they would've protested if Hillary won. She was hated just as much as him.

    We're all sheep. This is a nation of sheep, ruled by wolves, owned by pigs.

    I'm not going to argue anymore, I've said my piece. This is why people don't discuss politics, it goes on forever but gets nowhere.
  • IdeghalliaIdeghallia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »
    Arkives wrote: »


    In my state it's legal to run over these protestors... it's the best rule ever passed on paper.

    Waaaat? What state are you from?

    Cause I know here in NYC, the Ambulances weren't able to reach the protesters who did get run over by the fed up working class, due to another protest blocking the Ambulances, they were crying out asking why no one is trying to help them or their friend who got ran over. It's just....like it's sad but...you kind of want to laugh at them and tell them that they did this to themselves, but you say nothing and you keep going about your day cause you got more important things to do...

    Lecturing me on the left's violent behavior but then you say crap like this. Okay.
This discussion has been closed.