Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - OCT 18th

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Maplestory 2 Rep: 67,860
Administrator
edited 9:15AM October 18, 2018 in Official News
Update (10:00 AM PDT): The maintenance has been completed. Thank you for your patience, and enjoy our Halloween Events and Sales!

Update (9:35 AM PDT): There is also be a Nexon Launcher Update during this maintenance. When this update happens, you will need to close any other open game clients and restart the Nexon Launcher in order for it to be fully updated.  

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, October 18th at 7:00 AM PDT. During this period, all servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 3 hours, concluding at around 10:00 AM PDT.

ms2w-113-960x290-forums.jpg

- Start and End Times -
  • PDT (UTC -7): 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
  • EDT (UTC -4): 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
  • BRT (UTC -3): 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
  • CEST (UTC +2): 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
  • AEDT (UTC +11): 1:00 AM - 4:00 AM, October 19th

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- What -
Patch Notes

Table of Contents
Content Update

General
  • Red Merets can now be used to extend auto fishing.
  • The following Maple Guides are being temporarily removed:
    • Homespun Fashion
    • A Perfect Fit
    • Smile!
  • A 5-minute cooldown has been applied to the voice-over alerting you that you have new mail.

Options Menu
  • A new option has been added to hide Skill, Mail, and New Items UI alerts.
  • Players are now able to change their language settings in the Character Selection screen and the tutorial.

Epic Quests and Dungeons
  • If an NPC is located inside a dungeon for an epic quest, you will now be properly guided to the map they are located in.
  • The health of the "Lost Vayar Guardian" in the epic quest, The War Chief's Mission (Lv. 35) has been reduced by 20% .
  • Checkpoints have now been added to the normal adventure dungeons Blacknov No. 2 and Forest of Chaos.
  • The damage attack for one of Kalkita's skills in the normal adventure dungeon Katramus Depths has been reduced.

Misc Improvements
  • When using the Report or Block function in-game, there will no longer be a limit to how many accounts that can be blocked. This functionality is saved to your computer only, and your block list will not transfer to other computers.
  • Players will now receive a more informative mail if their UGC item that was sold or purchased has been removed from the Design Shop when in violation of the Terms of Service.

Bug Fixes
  • The Exploration Goal Speak with Pardore in Moonlight Garden will now be completed when speaking to Professor Pardore.
  • The debug text for the epic quest Power Struggle (Lv. 43) has been resolved.
  • Quest objectives for the epic quest Misdirection (Lv. 47) can now be completed in one try.
  • The following skills now function properly:
    • Archer: Screwdriver Shot and Arrow Storm
    • Heavy Gunner: Electric Blast
    • Knight: Iron Shield effect
  • Using the Glamour Anvil on specific items will now correctly generate the right item.
  • Auto-fishing can now be properly extend with Merets when using an Auto-Fishing Voucher.
  • Cinematic cutscenes with conversations will properly show all the lines on the screen, and will scroll if the lines are long enough.
  • Resolutions lower than 720px in height can now be set in full-screen mode.
  • The Shadow World's buff, "Shadow Power," will no longer linger after leaving the Shadow World.
  • An issue where the game could freeze during loading for Steam has been fixed.

Known Issue List 
  • The Trend-setter Trophy cannot be completed, for those who completed it during Head Start.
  • The Berg and Alkimi Islands are still missing in the World Map and Furnishing Portal
  • Some trophies still cannot be completed, due to the required furnishing being missing from the House.
  • Third party audio and streaming software may cause the game client to not load properly. You may need to turn it off before launching MapleStory 2.
ShadowsBeneaWillermAochieShawnyycryoKpeacheryEekvolemKitsuruWAtheAnumHallangreand 12 others.

Comments

• WillermWillerm
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 730
    Please may this maintenance fix the 10053 error, I can no longer survive another week like this.

Im looking forward for the events tho
    DustySubaruSunaoVivyn
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,780
    I'll be excited to see more in depth patch notes once they come out.
    DanDK
  • GovernorGovernor
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,060
    edited 7:45PM October 17, 2018
    The style crate changes should really be applied to the next rotation, not the current one -- at least that way it's fair. For those who had spent upwards of close to a thousand dollars on the roulette just for 1 coin items, this is nothing short of a slap in the face.

http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/40086/style-crate-compensation

I've linked to the suggestion page with the poll of the responses so far. For the love of god Nexon, don't shaft your highest paying customers.

Edit: As of right now, 69% of voters believe that the style crate compensation is unfair.
    UllKorishiNightingaleSavantHumanSunao
  • KokomaruKokomaru
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 650
    Very much agree with the post above and upset that they had to push back the compensation to the 25th. In my opinion, it is not enough compensation and the poll voted by other players reflects my sentiments.
    NightingaleKorishiSunao
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,015
    Thank you for the prompt updates. Very much appreciated
  • peacherypeachery
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 610
    the halloween hype is so real.
    Sunao
  • UllUll
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,465
    edited 11:18PM October 17, 2018
    Governor wrote: »
    The style crate changes should really be applied to the next rotation, not the current one -- at least that way it's fair. For those who had spent upwards of close to a thousand dollars on the roulette just for 1 coin items, this is nothing short of a slap in the face.

I've linked to the suggestion page with the poll of the responses so far. For the love of god Nexon, don't shaft your highest paying customers.

Edit: As of right now, 69% of voters believe that the style crate compensation is unfair.

agreeing with this guy
    Kokomaru wrote: »
    Very much agree with the post above and upset that they had to push back the compensation to the 25th. In my opinion, it is not enough compensation and the poll voted by other players reflects my sentiments.

where did you read this? are they posting new info exclusively on the locked down maplestory discord still?

edit: nm no post about the events etc. on forums but theyre on the main site, and in the ms2 discord announcements page....not sure why the CM dont bother to put these things on forums tho lol
  • KorishiKorishi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 725
    edited 2:10AM October 18, 2018
    don't shaft your highest paying customers.

Preach it brotha
  • WliaWlia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 955
    edited 3:47AM October 18, 2018
    Hi Maple players Maintenance done
    we took Ferghus the blacksmith from mabinogi to help us with all the updates :D
    but his hand slipped and becuase of that all the user data have ben wiped sorry ):
    xD

cant even imagine the ammount of rage this would cause o.o
  • ToastyCrumbsToastyCrumbs
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    Hopefully drop rates change too ;w;
    ShadowsBenea
  • JammyJammy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 540
    Pls fix the gold chest spawns in victoria island new locations.
  • NightingaleNightingale
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 755
    When are the google accounts being fixed, like for real though, no mention on it??? if not let us transfer accounts... More info on compensation is needed.
    You really need to disable UGC until you guys can stop all the thieves... honestly ridiculous. Style crate compensation is a complete rip off, not buying those anymore, learned my lesson.
    I thought this was MAPLESTORY not WOW or BDO why is it so competitive? why are there so many restrictions, new players are paying to do dungeons.. this is so lame.
  • SavantHumanSavantHuman
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 600

freaking lootboxes.
  • OxpeckerOxpecker
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 775
    When are the google accounts being fixed, like for real though, no mention on it??? if not let us transfer accounts... More info on compensation is needed.
    You really need to disable UGC until you guys can stop all the thieves... honestly ridiculous. Style crate compensation is a complete rip off, not buying those anymore, learned my lesson.
    I thought this was MAPLESTORY not WOW or BDO why is it so competitive? why are there so many restrictions, new players are paying to do dungeons.. this is so lame.

1) They've commented on Google Accounts, and they're being worked on. They'll be fixed shortly.

2) There's nothing that can be done around UGC players creating content centered on Anime and other works, as it's fair-use content and it's fan-made content, typically altered in a way that breaks copyright.

3) The style crate compensation is being fixed this patch.

4) The game is as competitive as Maplestory 1, and it should be. It's not only geared towards a young audience this time around, it's geared towards everyone. In addition to that, it's a free to play game with limited content at the moment so limiting the story progression, limiting dungeons, etc, is ideal, and also will benefit their marketing when they release dungeon tokens and such again. Players will also pay to do Dungeons on **EVERY** game in existence if they're difficult or too long. Hard Mode dungeons are genuinely tough, and very long dungeons, and it's not unreasonable to pay 600k or so which is not exactly hard to make to begin with, you can make half of that doing your 3 money daily missions, then a few dungeons selling gear.
  • MiahooMiahoo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 550
    When will we have the release notes?
    ShadowsBenea
  • NightingaleNightingale
    edited 7:03AM October 18, 2018
    Oxpecker wrote: »

1) They've commented on Google Accounts, and they're being worked on. They'll be fixed shortly.

2) There's nothing that can be done around UGC players creating content centered on Anime and other works, as it's fair-use content and it's fan-made content, typically altered in a way that breaks copyright.

4) The game is as competitive as Maplestory 1, and it should be. It's not only geared towards a young audience this time around, it's geared towards everyone. In addition to that, it's a free to play game with limited content at the moment so limiting the story progression, limiting dungeons, etc, is ideal, and also will benefit their marketing when they release dungeon tokens and such again. Players will also pay to do Dungeons on **EVERY** game in existence if they're difficult or too long. Hard Mode dungeons are genuinely tough, and very long dungeons, and it's not unreasonable to pay 600k or so which is not exactly hard to make to begin with, you can make half of that doing your 3 money daily missions, then a few dungeons selling gear.

One mention of it is not info on google accounts, we need updates.

I'm talking about people stealing other people UGC, I guess you aren't even aware of that serious problem.

I said the style crate compensation is a rip off. Have a look at our forums.

This game is 100% marketed as a casual social game. I guess you sell runs to new players?
  • OxpeckerOxpecker

I'm talking about people stealing other people UGC, I guess you aren't even aware of that serious problem.

This game is 100% marketed as a casual social game. I guess you sell runs to new players?

And I said the style crate compensation is being fixed.

This game is NOT marketed as a "Casual, Social game." because daily missions, alts, 30 runs a week, etc, are pretty much mandatory in everyday play if you want to be remotely active in end game. PvP is also not a casual thing and is being implemented. Maplestory 2 is far from casual, but it CAN be played casually.
  • NightingaleNightingale

This game is NOT marketed as a "Casual, Social game." because daily missions, alts, 30 runs a week, etc, are pretty much mandatory in everyday play if you want to be remotely active in end game. PvP is also not a casual thing and is being implemented. Maplestory 2 is far from casual, but it CAN be played casually.

No this game and MS1 are absolutely casual social mmos, you may be a competitive person and players with that mind set will implement and look for the competitive side of any game. Hello this is MAPLE STORY. lol ok bye
  • OxpeckerOxpecker

No this game and MS1 are absolutely casual social mmos, you may be a competitive person and players with that mind set will implement and look for the competitive side of any game. Hello this is MAPLE STORY. lol ok bye

This makes me believe you're not at the end-game area, because then you'd see the competitive side to the game :P that's also why there are championships for pvp/guilds and a ranking system for everything, because the competitive side is there and prominent.
  • NightingaleNightingale
    edited 7:30AM October 18, 2018

This makes me believe you're not at the end-game area, because then you'd see the competitive side to the game :P that's also why there are championships for pvp/guilds and a ranking system for everything, because the competitive side is there and prominent.

You really don't understand the whole idea of 'Maplestory', its probably because you just are one of those competitive min-max elite players. That is a very small portion of the game, made for players like you so enjoy! :P

edit; I also have 3 geared lvl 60 where I actively assist new players with low gs to complete dungeons. but thats besides the point
This discussion has been closed.