Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[Guide] A possible fix for no sound instruments.

DoughnyDoughny
Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
in Music
Hello, if you're like me and completely clueless why you can't hear any instruments in Maplestory 2 you're most likely missing a SoundFont (If you're using Windows 7 this shouldn't be a problem for you.)

1. Go here and download the latest version of MIDIMapper.
2. Go here and download the latest version of VirtualMIDISynth.
3. Scroll down to the SoundFonts section of the same page (VirtualMIDISynth) and download your preferred SoundFont. (FluidR3_GM as the page prefers works really good)
4. Open MIDIMapper and choose VirtualMIDISynth as your default MIDI device.
5. Open VirtualMIDISynth, while on the first tab (SoundFonts) press the small + (plus) sign and add your downloaded SoundFont.
6. Press Apply and then OK.

That should do it. This worked for me and I wanted to share with you guys. Keep in mind you might have to either close your game entirely or restart your computer.
If it still doesn't work out for you, I advice sending the support team a ticket.
XxPoseidonxXDeadMaloy

Comments

• XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,450
    I haven't tried this, but if it works, it should be pinned in the Music subsection. Thanks for your post. I will try this soon.
    Doughny
  • DoughnyDoughny
    I haven't tried this, but if it works, it should be pinned in the Music subsection. Thanks for your post. I will try this soon.

oopsies, my bad! I thought that was just a place to post your own music files, haha!
  • DeadDead
    edited 8:01PM October 19, 2018
    I can confirm that this worked for my laptop!
    I was greeted with the cacophony of sounds in Tria Channel 1... it was a musical blessing...

Thank you so much! :D
    DoughnyMaloy
  • MagicPowerMagicPower
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Worked for me to thanks ;)
    Maloy