Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Golden fish are way too rare

DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
in Suggestions and Feedback
I am not exaggerating when I say that I have caught over 18,000 fish with a golden lure active the entire time, and I have not seen a single exceptional golden fish. As far as gold fish go, I've caught around 500 commons, 33 rares, and 0 exceptionals. I was beginning to wonder if they were bugged, or if the exceptional fish were just broken. Less than 1 in 18,000 is just a little too rare, if you ask me.
CariseiFantasykittenHasoriaylumos

Comments

• BazookaLBazookaL
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    and even if they were not as rare, 100k is too little when you see how much mesos others are making in other ways..
  • ShoiShoi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 890
    I just caught 3 within an hour in the toxic waters at the Dam.
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    edited 10:09PM October 10, 2018
    BazookaL wrote: »
    and even if they were not as rare, 100k is too little when you see how much mesos others are making in other ways..
    I mean, I don't think they necessarily need to make you any money. Music is the thing that fishing is most comparable to, and music doesn't give any money whatsoever.

I'm really just in it for the trophies. But, at this rate, I feel like I'll get the trophy for 100,000 fish before I get any for gold fish. :(