Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Is this class immersive?

nebayotnebayot
Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,060
edited 5:34PM October 10, 2018 in Heavy Gunner
idk if immersive is the right word but I want a class that really makes you focus while still having fun. thief is one option but everyone bad mouthing its late game is putting me off so I'm thinking of going HG

example of a class I assume isn't immersive is bersker since they seem to just be about spamming. no reacting or anything

Comments

• nebayotnebayot
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,060
    forget it i'm playing him anyways
    ShadowsBeneaSkyCakeHoodlum
  • ZenislavZenislav
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    So how is it going with HG so far? I am just starting and have hard time deciding about class to main. HG is at top as I have weak spot for engineer, technology classes in RPGs. How is his self sustain? Medpack to weak compared to Berserkers and Priests amazing self sustain?
  • SpamuraiSenseiSpamuraiSensei
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    I have both a Thief and a Heavy Gunner, so i'll try and shed some light on it.

There's nothing wrong with Thief. It's just trickier than other classes to play.

As for Gunner,
    The Medpack ability for Heavy Gunner heals a large chuck of HP, but there is also a moderate cool down timer for it, so it's not something you can spam.

Gameplay wise, you'll be managing ability timers, and you have to stand still to use certain abilities appropriately but you probably have the longest range in the game with your abilities. You also get two dashes as a form of escape or moving around.
  • ZenislavZenislav
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    Finally have time to play and after deciding between Knight and Gunner for main went with second. That soft spot for technology classes did it for me. Now cant wait to get around lvl 50 to properly get feel for Gunner class. Cant wait.
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,560
    edited 10:43AM October 30, 2018
    I chose HG for gameplay, actually. Like with all "ranger" archetypes, I like how it gives me a lot of control over the boss zone and how there isn't a whole lot of micro required to bring out the best of the class. Between HG and Archer, I think the additional power of HG allows me to better exploit opportunities, even at the cost of consistency and speed. And of course, the best SP regen of all the classes.

That said, it's challenging to use HG optimally in dungeons or with bosses more mobile than you are, so I think there's plenty to make HG immersive or engaging.
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,590
    its the most boring engineer class in the history of mmos

no turrets or robots
    OneConfusedMilletianDanDKUlukiniHoodlum
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,210
    Nothing in this game is immersive.
    But as long as you're having fun that's fine I guess