Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

MapleStory 2 Simulator/model converter

Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
in Off Topic Discussion
As you may be aware, years ago, there was a sprite testing program for MS1 called BannedStory. But sadly, it's life was short lived as now, its gone.

So I was wondering, is there a simulator for MapleStory 2? If not, then is there at the very least, a way to convert it's models to obj. format? Because that so called "Nexon Invincible Hat" is perfect for my MapleStory-themed MMD animation as all I need to do is change that N to a W and it will become a 3d-based Wizet Invincible Hat for my characters to wear. And those excavator mounts are perfect background vehicles for my construction-themed stage.

So if possible, please make a simulator and a model converter like Payday 2's Diesel Tool to convert models to different formats so we can have nifty mods to show off and take to a whole new level of appeal.

Comments

• AieAie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,310
    Im pretty sure youd be able to rip the models from the files, as for a simulator I have no idea, i was only aware of the maplestory 1 and mabinogi one
  • Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
    edited 11:36AM October 12, 2018
    Aie wrote: »
    Im pretty sure youd be able to rip the models from the files

Yeah, ripping them is what matters the most (at least for me). But how do I do that?
  • FestivityFestivity
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,205
    edited 4:07AM October 15, 2018
    My bad. Wrong topic. ignore this part reeee

I think it's possible, but it would be really hard to create a simulator or character creator for this game. Especially with 3D models.
  • Mastercog9Mastercog9
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300

Yeah, ripping them is what matters the most (at least for me). But how do I do that?

It depends on the kinds of files used for Maplestory 2's data.
    They could be using proprietary file types, meaning that you may have to write your own program(s) to open and extract what you want out of the files.

Or they could be using common file types, meaning you could open them in any 3D art program. This is pretty uncommon, though.

With my knowledge on how these things generally go, you're in for the long haul. The people who did the MS1 paperdoll site didn't have to rip the sprites from the files, but could just screenshot each item and fit them together. If that's what they did, I don't know. You could do the same with the 3D models (as some people do with MUGEN games) but they probably won't ever look correct nor will you be able to get 100% of all the items modeled.
  • Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
    edited 4:39PM October 15, 2018
    Mastercog9 wrote: »

It depends on the kinds of files used for Maplestory 2's data.
    They could be using proprietary file types, meaning that you may have to write your own program(s) to open and extract what you want out of the files.

Or they could be using common file types, meaning you could open them in any 3D art program. This is pretty uncommon, though.

With my knowledge on how these things generally go, you're in for the long haul. The people who did the MS1 paperdoll site didn't have to rip the sprites from the files, but could just screenshot each item and fit them together. If that's what they did, I don't know. You could do the same with the 3D models (as some people do with MUGEN games) but they probably won't ever look correct nor will you be able to get 100% of all the items modeled.

Even if the odds are 1,000,000-1, I have to at least try. Because this will save me the time and bother of making some of this MapleStory stuff from scratch as I'm on a bit of a tight schedule.

So yeah, let me know when you've successfully ripped a full model of something from MapleStory 2, then tell me how you did it and what program you used for the ripping.