Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Tutorial - Equipment Bug

AbeX300AbeX300
Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
edited 11:18AM October 10, 2018 in Bug Reporting
When I got to the part where you need to either right-click or drag-n-drop the items to equip them (right after the wall-climbing), using either method to equip items just makes them disappear; I get stuck and can't do anything else.

This was with me being a Priest, but I also tried this while as a Knight, then as an Assassin, and this still happens.

Comments

• VladimaraVladimara
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    edited 10:05AM October 5, 2018
    I have been unable to complete the tutorial because each time I reach the the point where the game asks me to equip a weapon, I do so. But then the weapon disappears.

q1WC9AQ.png

I have made literal dozens of characters, deleting them and re-making them, trying everything but to no avail. I tried looking up solutions but it seems that literally no one else has this issue as well. All of them ran into this issue, except for a priest who managed to equip a sceptre, but their offhand item disappeared and I still could not progress past this section.

I have no idea what to do at this point.
  • SoberAlcoholicSoberAlcoholic
    Same as me. I've been searching through the forums for help but nothing so far. On my Archer, I drag the weapon onto the weapon slot, but it doesn't equip. It just goes back into the inventory slot. Nothing is working.

I've tried it on the Runeblade but same thing as well.
  • SoberAlcoholicSoberAlcoholic
    Likewise here. Have you found a solution yet for it? Or have you given up? I've tried it multiple times but nothing gives.
  • NXLIMENXLIME
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 495
    Administrator
    Merged topic.
    The issue has been reported and is under investigation. We'll provide an update as soon as there is a solution.
  • PioggiaPioggia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    I had the same problem. Try to open the Nexon launcher settings and click "Repair Installation" for MapleStory 2. I don't know if it will help, but it helped me.
    Btw sorry for my bad english ._."
    AbeX300
  • AbeX300AbeX300
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Pioggia wrote: »
    I had the same problem. Try to open the Nexon launcher settings and click "Repair Installation" for MapleStory 2. I don't know if it will help, but it helped me.
    Btw sorry for my bad english ._."

Decided to try that and...it actually worked! Thanks!

(But now I'm really confused as to why that managed to fix the issue)
  • NXLIMENXLIME
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 495
    Administrator
    Thank you Pioggia for the help :)
    Please "Repair Installation" if you continue to have this issue and feel free to update if this does not resolve the issue.