Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Poison procs

JadeyJaneJadeyJane
Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
edited 5:05PM October 9, 2018 in Thief
Hello,

Has anyone looked into the actual ticks of poison for the thief class?

I know that vial and edge will hit for %per sec for a set amount of time... but I read somewhere that you can proc the poison ticks by hitting the mob.

Does this mean setting poison on a mob and then continuing with non poison attacks would increase the number of ticks?

Any info in the poison and how it works would be helpful.
Thanks

Comments

• MillnMilln
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,060
    edited 7:29AM October 10, 2018
    Howdy! I know all about this.

You already know that it ticks for a percentage of the poison damage calculation so here's the rest.

>> This is your main question: The last skill in the poison tree is called Ruthless Guile. When an enemy is poisoned and takes an attack hit from you, Ruthless Guile will deal damage in a second damage value popup equal to the percentage value indicated on the skill. Attacks can be poison-based or non-poison based to trigger Ruthless Guile.

Here's more information about poisons:
    Ticks are one per second.
    You can have both Poison Vial and Poison Edge EX poisons on an enemy.
    Poison Vial and Poison Edge display separate numbers, but stacks of Poison Edge add together to display one number.
    Poison Edge will tick for full number of stacks each time a stack is applied for refreshed.
    Poison Vial will not trigger Ruthless Guile on its own first hit, but Poison Edge EX will.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I check back here on the official forum now and again.
    JadeyJane
  • LaggiingLaggiing
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 240
    Does each thief have their own stack of poison on a mob?
  • MillnMilln
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Laggiing wrote: »

Each Thief can apply their own stacks of poison that is relevant to them.
    You can't trigger Ruthless Guile off of another Thief's poisons, yet at the same time you don't have to worry about accidentally Surprise Attacking someone's poisons off.... though that would make for some hilariously high burst damage.
  • HybristicHybristic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    Laggiing wrote: »

If you are fighting a boss with multiple thieves, you can see the border of the poison stacks is different. I notice mine are usually bordered by red, and other thieves are yellow.