Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Drop Rate + Cap + Random Weapon Drop = Frustrating

Comments

• Soreph9Soreph9
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 705
    congratulations nexon, what a game does in years you created in 2 weeks, a toxic community in a friendly game. The bad drop shoots the prices to the sky, making new and non-founders impossible or ridiculous the progression of their character, there is already a market of Runs, discrimination and ridicule, insults to non-founders or people without a purple weapon (if in grifina I see people mocking of those that do not take purple equipment), puff congratulations nexon, only 2 weeks. This brought steam to go from the 10 most played to 7/10 in its second week and a significant withdrawal of players.
  • MisolinaMisolina
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    lul i used my life on this game and still have 2000 gs
  • UinixUinix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 900
    Soreph9 wrote: »
    The bad drop shoots the prices to the sky, making new and non-founders impossible or ridiculous the progression of their character

The game isn't really that hard to progress in even if you don't own an epic, there are many alternatives. Besides epic drops aren't supposed to be common, but are supposed to be a little boost and you ARE supposed to upgrade your blue gear to reach 2100 so if you can't progress due to that, it's your own fault.
    Soreph9 wrote: »
    discrimination and ridicule, insults to non-founders or people without a purple weapon (if in grifina I see people mocking of those that do not take purple equipment), puff congratulations nexon, only 2 weeks.

I've never seen this in the 130+ hours I've had in NA East so unless you're in a different server, I find this untrue. A majority of the ms2 community are friendly and helpful in the experience that I've had. I've had many offers for help as well as donations in this game, even though I started the same time most players had.