Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Drop Rate + Cap + Random Weapon Drop = Frustrating

GrepsterGrepster
Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
edited 12:33PM October 9, 2018 in Dungeons
I can understand the drop rate making people run dungeons more than once or twice to gear up. I can even understand limiting the dungeon runs weekly to avoid people just burning through the content in a day and never playing again. However, given those first two the way epic weapon drops happen is lame. The epic drops are rare enough but to reward me with a weapon for a job I don't have? Come on guys... Sure I can sell it but it won't cover the cost of the weapon for my job...
Soreph9

Comments

• AynixAynix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,085
    I never heard of a MMORPG that gives loot specific to your class.
  • MontsegurMontsegur
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 330
    Aynix wrote: »

Sounds like you have never played an mmo then, basically any other class based game gives you end game loot that you can use. And if it doesnt then atleast the chance to get something you cant use is extreamly rare. If you cant admit that doing 30 dungeons a week, with a extreamly low dropp chance of epics, and the possibility of not getting something you can use as a bad design, intended or not, then you're jut blind. I'm all for a cap, dropp the weekly cap and keep the daily cap and im all fine.
    idontreallyknowmanPoofcatSoreph9
  • NyxMoonNyxMoon
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 810
    Same prob. for me... I made all 30 runs and still nothing, I'm now lvling alts to have more chances to get epic gear but still... If I'm lucky and I get it then I'll be forced to find someone willing to trade (but I highly doubt it). I understand their reasons to do so but I hope they will change it in the future even increasing their rates or just increasing the cap a bit... Or even being able to get it through some missions (of course large-time missions, not daily XD).

Anyway now focusing on raising Life Skills
  • AynixAynix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,085
    Montsegur wrote: »

Sounds like you have never played an mmo then, basically any other class based game gives you end game loot that you can use. And if it doesnt then atleast the chance to get something you cant use is extreamly rare. If you cant admit that doing 30 dungeons a week, with a extreamly low dropp chance of epics, and the possibility of not getting something you can use as a bad design, intended or not, then you're jut blind. I'm all for a cap, dropp the weekly cap and keep the daily cap and im all fine.

You wot m8? Name one game like that.
  • ExotysExotys
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 585
    At least you got a purple :D

I up 1 char and 1 alt after the 1rst reset, so i did 90 dungeon and didn't get any purple :/

I had to buy them at the Black Market because i don't want to start the next reset on normal dungeon, i needed to use all money from my both character to only get my main to 2100 GS, i'm feeling pretty bad about that because i spend 2 week on those dungeon and now some lucky new player who lvl up 50 tonight, with a bit of luck, can end with a better stuff than i have because i have to wait friday to do more content due to the dungeon cap.

Feeling Bad,
    Exotys, Wizard 50, Knight 50, prestige 10, All dungeon, all daily and all life skill done since 1rst october, Poor and 2100 GS since yersterday
  • sneapersneaper
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 100
    edited 7:27AM October 10, 2018

The fact you need to ask people to name a game like that, and the fact you dont know any yourself... Do you live under a rock?.. WoW is class specific drops from dungeons/raids. Destiny 2 only drops your classes armor. There's more too

The only difference is most of these games that don't drop your class specific, dont limit your runs of the dungeon.. I don't mind the 10/day cap. But this 30/week is ridiculous. Aside from dungeons, all that's left is to fish, or do the explorations, cause everything else takes 20 mins (life skills / daily missions). So you're forced into make alts to run the dungeon then, in hopes of getting epic gear. But the problem with alts, is with only 30 cap on guilds (which then only maxes at 70 or something), there's no room for alts if your guild is already filled with separate individuals.
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,050

World of warcraft.
    Valros
  • HybristicHybristic

Destiny 1/2, WoW, BDO last I played, Guild Wars 1/2 last I played, Tree of Savior when I first played. Some of the mechanics may have changed for some of the games since i have played them, but class specific gear drops are not a new thing. It's never really been a Maple Story thing, but idk if that justifies that as a reason to include that in the function of the game.
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,045
    Aynix is s troll guys he just follow the dungeon posts to flame and bully people. Don’t pay him any mind.
  • AzimutAzimut
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    Grepster wrote: »
    I can understand the drop rate making people run dungeons more than once or twice to gear up. I can even understand limiting the dungeon runs weekly to avoid people just burning through the content in a day and never playing again. However, given those first two the way epic weapon drops happen is lame. The epic drops are rare enough but to reward me with a weapon for a job I don't have? Come on guys... Sure I can sell it but it won't cover the cost of the weapon for my job...

At least u got epic item, while i'm still waiting to get epic since head start. Stop complaining.
  • MontsegurMontsegur
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 330

Hybristic wrote: »

Destiny 1/2, WoW, BDO last I played, Guild Wars 1/2 last I played, Tree of Savior when I first played. Some of the mechanics may have changed for some of the games since i have played them, but class specific gear drops are not a new thing. It's never really been a Maple Story thing, but idk if that justifies that as a reason to include that in the function of the game.

And to add to that... TESO, SWTOR, TERA, Diablo (not an mmo sure but a fairly similar game as the dungeon aspect of MS2), Wildstar

Hope these are enough proof for him
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630

Skyforge. Dungeon rewards gives you the weapon consist of what class you are.
  • RuskiiRuskii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 860
    I get an epic like every 50 runs...
  • GrepsterGrepster
    My intent was simply saying the combination doesn't work out. Like Hard Modes it needs a fallback system in the event the RNG gods have forsaken you.
  • MommaMakoMommaMako
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Putting a dungeon limit in general is going to make me give up on this game entirely...
  • Soreph9Soreph9
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 705
    The drop rate is low, too low, and only the founders pack could take advantage, I have 60 runs and 0 epics, I like the difficult, but this is ridiculous, it makes me think if it's worthwhile to continue playing.
  • GahnoGahno
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 380
    WoW class specific drops are soulbound, here you can sell the Epic Drop that you can't use.

There is a big difference in the whole game design. There are reasons why these systems are implemented you can't compare MS2 to the other games the whole game design is different.

I can guarantee if MS2 wasn't a free to play game they would be designed closer to the likes of the games people mentioned WoW/Guild Wars/FF etc. For a free to play game with limited resources it requires these RNG or CAPS to limit people running out of content too quickly.

With that being said, I think RNG and CAP is good for this game in general due to it being free to play. But I don't agree on the design philosophy of having RNG limit progression. From the Gear Score of 1400-2100. To have RNG be your only option to progress is a very bad design. They should've at least included some currency that over let's say 100 runs you can buy an Epic to help the really bad luck players to also progress. or some other side activity to help you up gear score either via life skills fishing music pets whichever way, that isn't all about luck RNG.

Basically the cap and drop rate is fine as long as it is limiting players on finishing the content / end game too quickly. It is bad if used to limit players on progression to end game. At least let players feel they are progressing little by little, a sense of accomplishment after each attempt or dungeon run. And then make the super top tier end game Epic feel like if it drops you are super badass, not easily obtainable. But it needs to be the real deal not just something to help up your gear score. and get replaced immediately.
  • MvtsuiMvtsui
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 620
    Talking about no luck when you have only 60 runs, i'm at 155 run 0 epic.
    Soreph9
  • Soreph9Soreph9
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 705
    Mvtsui wrote: »
    Talking about no luck when you have only 60 runs, i'm at 155 run 0 epic.

And that shows nexon's failure to create the progression of the character.
    You did not get any reward for your effort. that's loot box dungeon
  • GiwaffeGiwaffe
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 625
    While I agree that the way to 2100GS on your own can be a RNG hell, if you've got friends to help you through hard dungeon or just kind random people, it's very easy. It's possible to 'cheese' your way to 2100GS as soon as you hit level 50 and skip the normal dungeons altogether. You'll just need a few people willing to help you through your first (possibly more if unlucky, but epics are guaranteed so just a couple runs max) hard dungeon, fire dragon being a very easy one.

To cheese your way to 2100GS you'll need to buy a lvl 50 exceptional sword or scepter; ~20k in black market and a lvl 50 exceptional throwing star/dagger for your secondary weapon slot, also very cheap. This is because the throwing star raises your GS by 50% of your main weapon. This will lead you to about 1800GS. Next step is to upgrade the sword/scepter and star/dagger a couple times until you reach 2100GS. Then when you have entered the hard dungeon, just equip your old gear and try to help/not die. You'll get the loot, hopefully a weapon you can use and you'll have 2100GS naturally. This cheese method will cost 2-3m if buying the upgrade items.

You'll have to rely on others, but it's better than being in that RNG hell.