Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• SunMisoSunMiso
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 630
    Some people got it resolved by removing cheat engine from computer. If you have cheat engine installed on your pc delete it. It will keep crashing your game.
  • StinkyFeetStinkyFeet
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 340
    i even reinstalled my frickn whole windows still the error. but why should they solve the problem i already paid for the game so they dont care.
    NominosLadyPeggy
  • GailrinGailrin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,445
    edited 5:31PM October 7, 2018
    SunMiso wrote: »
    Some people got it resolved by removing cheat engine from computer. If you have cheat engine installed on your pc delete it. It will keep crashing your game.

Unless this came bundled with Nexon' launcher, then It's not what's causing my issues. I haven't downloaded any "Cheat Engine" and I'm getting the same error message.
    krimzixytheClownDaddyhovel
  • RaphaelOnealRaphaelOneal
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,450
    Gailrin wrote: »

Unless this came bundled with Nexon' launcher, then It's not what's causing my issues. I haven't downloaded any "Cheat Engine" and I'm getting the same error message.

Cheat Engine is not supposed to come bundled with the Nexon launcher nor are you supposed to have it on your pc lol. It is against the TOS to use such tools in the first place for MMORPGs as well.
  • GailrinGailrin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,445
    edited 10:21PM October 7, 2018

Cheat Engine is not supposed to come bundled with the Nexon launcher nor are you supposed to have it on your pc lol. It is against the TOS to use such tools in the first place for MMORPGs as well.

What I'm saying is this error has nothing to do with any cheat engine. People affected are not just people cheating.

If you google the error, it has to do with disconnection issues unrelated to any cheating software.
    krimzixythe
    edited 4:54AM October 8, 2018

What I'm saying is this error has nothing to do with any cheat engine. People affected are not just people cheating.

If you google the error, it has to do with disconnection issues unrelated to any cheating software.

Oh no I understand that i had the same issues and somehow got it to work so i've been trying to help others in this post http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/38713/constant-disconnections-error-10053/p2 . I was just clarifying that its not related to what Sunmiso was saying lol not everyone has Cheat Engine nor should they have it in the background. I stated it in the prior post and a ton of people are still having the issue as well.

It's real hard to pinpoint what is causing the issue sadly as everyone who managed to stay logged in did something different. But it is definitly related to Nexons client, Nexon Gaurd, and the Servers not only a persons internet/provider. See if any of the fixes me and some others posted in that thread can help you.

It is a real shame that people have to go through with problems like this especially since people paid to be able to enjoy the game early on. The headstart should have been delayed to confirm big issues like this or atleast hopefully a form of compensation for players affected.

I have gone and sent whatever logs, fixes, and possible issues to nexon support I suggest anyone who can to try to write a ticket and give them as much info as they need so its easier for them to find the cause.

Also if possible we could keep all the issues everyone is facing into one thread so its easier for nexon to go through everyone and that way the one post can keep getting bumped back up so its seen and possible resolutions.
    AntistarSteezychanB1on1cBenkrimzixythe
  • GreenSoup2HoTGreenSoup2HoT
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,300
    Started getting this error as of yesturday. Played for easily 24 hour sessions during head start week. Why now? Waaaaat.
    krimzixythe
  • NilremNilrem
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 6,020
    Not sure if it will help many, but I solved most of my 10053 errors with a few changes to the client.

The main thing I did was turn off Vsync and uncap the frame rate.
    Not sure why this works, but it helped me for the most part.
    From what I noticed, graphical lag can sometimes be mistreated as connection based lag.
    Although I also don't know if this is just a windows 10 thing. Worth a shot if you still have issues.

Keep in mind I still get 10053 errors on rare occasions or when it makes sense. (For instance, I cannot open twitch on the same computer I'm playing Maplestory 2 on. Something about how my internet works. If I have both up, chances of 10053 disconnects skyrocket until I close twitch.)

Good luck to everyone trying to solve these issues.
    LAMBCOOKKieiZallenLa3ellekrimzixytheRivert
  • KallasKallas
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 930
    I've done the "fixes" listed above that apply to me but it hasn't fixed the problem.

Which steps above have been completed:
    1 - I've been running the game as admin.
    2 - I'm connected via ethernet not wifi.
    3 - I have a static IP, no DHCP enabled for my computer.
    4 - Firewall is not on.
    5 - I did the "powercfg -h off"
    Still got error 10053

Country Where You Reside: Canada
    Server: East
    Your Internet Service Provider: Rogers
    Wifi or Wired: Wired
    krimzixythehovel
    Kallas wrote: »
    I've done the "fixes" listed above that apply to me but it hasn't fixed the problem.

Which steps above have been completed:
    1 - I've been running the game as admin.
    2 - I'm connected via ethernet not wifi.
    3 - I have a static IP, no DHCP enabled for my computer.
    4 - Firewall is not on.
    5 - I did the "powercfg -h off"
    Still got error 10053

Country Where You Reside: Canada
    Server: East
    Your Internet Service Provider: Rogers
    Wifi or Wired: Wired

I'm also on Rogers try Disabling HDR and Vsync keep it enabled. Also flush/renew your ip then restart your router. Rogers Citron routers are really the worst routers in existence. Though its not really the rogers router thats causing it loll. Try the following I posted on the thread here:
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/38713/constant-disconnections-error-10053/p2

Step 1: Uninstall Maplestory 2 and the Nexon client completely and check for any extra nexon folders in your harddrive
    Step 2: install Maplestory 2 onto Program Filesx86 folder instead of your local hardisk C: folder (For Windows 10 users)
    Step 3: Do a IP Renew/ IP Flush https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000065463
    Step 4: Restart your pc relogin to the game go to your graphics tab and disable HDR and Keep Vsync Enabled
    Step 5: If none of the steps above dont work try disabling other things to reduce lag and latency in he maplestory 2 graphics tab
    Kie
  • KallasKallas
    edited 7:42PM October 9, 2018

I'm also on Rogers try Disabling HDR and Vsync keep it enabled. Also flush/renew your ip then restart your router. Rogers Citron routers are really the worst routers in existence. Though its not really the rogers router thats causing it loll. Try the following I posted on the thread here:
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/38713/constant-disconnections-error-10053/p2

Step 1: Uninstall Maplestory 2 and the Nexon client completely and check for any extra nexon folders in your harddrive
    Step 2: install Maplestory 2 onto Program Filesx86 folder instead of your local hardisk C: folder (For Windows 10 users)
    Step 3: Do a IP Renew/ IP Flush https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000065463
    Step 4: Restart your pc relogin to the game go to your graphics tab and disable HDR and Keep Vsync Enabled
    Step 5: If none of the steps above dont work try disabling other things to reduce lag and latency in he maplestory 2 graphics tab

I can't seem to install MS2 and Nexon into x86 .... Every time I open the launcher it re-downloads the game into c folder.
    I tried going into the launcher settings and changing the download location to x86 but its not working.

EDIT: Nevermind! I got it. Forgot to go into my %appdata% folder
    So it didn't seem to work. I still DC'ed in fire dragon. I didn't restart my router though.
    I don't lag in game even on max settings so it CAN'T be that. ( I was using your settings)
    krimzixythe
  • orbyorby
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 310
    Tried all these steps and still constantly getting disconnected.

Using SuddenLink internet in Texas.
    krimzixythe
  • KallasKallas
    Yeah what I just did has helped with my ping, it seems to be lower but I still dc'ed in Fire Dragon... >__<
    krimzixythe
  • NominosNominos
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,180
    So if you have windows 10, and you restart your entire system, and it still doesnt work... having done ALL the above, you're still in limbo?
    Kallas
  • KallasKallas
    Nominos wrote: »
    So if you have windows 10, and you restart your entire system, and it still doesnt work... having done ALL the above, you're still in limbo?

Nexon has to fix the problem. I don't think these "quick fixes" will help any of us.
    LuxxKeebskrimzixythe
  • WrenaWrena
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Thank you for the guide; I am seeing some of the ESENT 916 errors in windows 10, so I will keep an eye out the next time I disconnect.

However, the part on disabling "fast start" is a little off. You first have to run command line as a administrator, and while yes, "powercfg -h off" disables fast start, its main purpose is to disable hibernate. A better way is going to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Change what the power buttons do (which is under the Power Options category). You'll still have to have administrative permission, but you'll be able to just uncheck a box and control fast start and hibernation independently of each other. Additionally, if you just want to test without changing these settings, you can click restart, as this causes your computer to go through a full shut down and start up. Hopefully this helps people!
    krimzixythe

I can't seem to install MS2 and Nexon into x86 .... Every time I open the launcher it re-downloads the game into c folder.
    I tried going into the launcher settings and changing the download location to x86 but its not working.

So it didn't seem to work. I still DC'ed in fire dragon. I didn't restart my router though.
    I don't lag in game even on max settings so it CAN'T be that. ( I was using your settings)

darn that sucks. try to restart the router after the ip renew and ip flush. The reason i turned off hdr was it has issues with people who have DX11 for some maps so i turned it off it was just one of the suggestions i recommended in case it was a specific map you were on.
    krimzixythe
  • KieKie
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    edited 9:46PM October 9, 2018

Wanted to chime in on here that I've tried all these quick fixes too (uninstall, HDR/VSync, data deletion, IP flush/renew, admin run, 500 mbps ethernet, fast startup, etc.) and still get DC'ed every 2 minutes. Just getting to Lith Harbor from the tutorial start took me around 30-45 minutes because of that. I'm also using Rogers in Canada/NA East. Friend who came over to play MS2 with me using a separate account/laptop also got 10053'd as much as I did.

Sad that I can't play what I paid extra for, but hopefully Nexon fixes this before their worldwide launch, oof.
    KallasRaphaelOnealkrimzixythe
  • ggToasterggToaster
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,270
    tfw im dcing every 45-2 minutes one day before release. If this issue is out during release, there goes a lot of the new players.
    Kallaskrimzixythe
  • JaysenJaysen
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410
    Completed literally every possible workaround Nexon support has suggested so far. I get to the character screen.. Error 10053. Unplayable game at this rate. If this continues much longer.. I don't think the official release will go very well for MS2 either.
    krimzixythe