Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• peregrinusperegrinus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    edited 10:22AM November 6, 2018
    Hey so I had been having the DC issue for WEEKS and it was only getting worse (I was getting dc'd every few minutes usually often worse) but someone suggested I run the sg TCP optimizer (Google it it is the first result) idk what it does exactly but it completely fixed my problem somehow.

It takes basically no time so it is at least worth a try!

This issue is the worst and was very stressful for me so I hope this can help someone else!!!
  • KlamLakridsKlamLakrids
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,425
    Unplayable today as i get dc'd every 30 sec
    Can't even do life skills
  • AsmitaAsmita
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 605
    I present the error about 1 and a half weeks ago. I got in touch with the support and a gm asked me for data and tests of my connection to give me support, after doing all the tests to send them in the response of the ticket I send them and I answer another gm different.

Telling me that they were aware of the problem that I was aware of the forum for a solution and closed the case

I had experienced poor technical support and horrible but nexon's response left me with a bitter taste that after I lost that I did all the tests to be able to give me support, they only told me to see the forum

What of how then why do you ask me all this? you're kidding me, at least try to give me the support to even try it at least, it was my first time with the support of nexon and really deficient

If my English is not good I apologize use translator

regards
  • WarscreamWarscream
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 595
    never had d/c problem until today, now getting it every minute or so, can't even craft
  • LilehhhLilehhh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    This entire (almost) month of playing I have been dealing with severe disconnection issues. Now, occasionally it was due to my internet in which it would go out. I get kicked out of the game almost every 5 minutes. It seems that when I'm on during the busiest times I get disconnected more. When I'm on either during the early part of the afternoon, or in the middle of the night I get disconnected much less. While I would love to say this is solely because of my internet, it is not. This is the only game I play that I have terrible connection issues. I was on different internet for a weekend and was still getting disconnected just as much. Hopefully this new update will fix this problem. I am able to reconnect right away, but get disconnected less than 5 minutes later.
  • PotPot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    edited 10:37AM November 8, 2018
    XkCvzmO.png

Thank you, what fix?
  • SupercellsSupercells
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    Patch this right now! I have a newly built gaming PC that runs on every MMO/shooters with ultra settings and never have i once faced D/C errors. Don't be saying its my internet while i run this with Hi-speed internet connected by wire through my modem (which is located just a few cm away!). Nexon get your together and stop dropping more content where as your current servers are still having issues!
    Kuromi
  • pyrite321pyrite321
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 740
    edited 11:14AM November 8, 2018
    This is repeatedly happening to me after update. I occasionally got this error before, but when I'm in my home it happens like every 30 seconds without even showing the loading wheel reconnect thing mentioned in the update notes. However, when outside of my home it does show the reconnect timer... every 10 seconds. I even run some connection quality tests (results said excellent) and reset my modem/router and it made no difference.
    Screenshot-43.jpg
  • VeremisiaVeremisia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    unknown.png

Nimei, a Nexon employee, has stated on the official GMS2 Discord that they identified the issue with the reconnect system and are going to deploy a fix while the servers are still live.

However, this was about half an hour ago, so if you are still experiencing disconnects without reconnection attempts, try to restart your game maybe. If that doesn't help, respond here again o/ Also note, it was stated that you will still experience the 10053 error when you get disconnected while in the loading screen or when loading into a new map! Please keep that in mind.
  • NoxxusNoxxus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Now I get the same error with it leading into being disconnected from the login server. Fix this!
  • jessiajessia
    edited 2:46PM November 8, 2018
    NOPE still disconnecting, especially in dungeons in the middle of a re-connection attempt. Money, Premium Club, and Chaos Raids continue to go down the drain with no compensation in sight.
  • ZroXPZroXP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 350
    Checking back in to say that I am pleasantly surprised to report that I am no longer disconnecting after the fix. I have been on the game for about 5 hours now and haven't d/ced once, even during the reset time, in which it usually got rampant and unplayable. Hopefully this will continue. Nice job for now developers.
  • MillyardeMillyarde
    I wasn't having 10053 disconnects prior to the chaos raid update, but now I have it happening every other loading screen and reconnecting issues sometimes in dungeons. The game is hardly playable now.
  • SydonSydon
    1541793505-20181109-145306-00.jpg This happened today...
  • TrapsAreNotGayTrapsAreNotGay
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    Isn't the new update suppose to "fix" the dc and instead put them in to reconnect? The reconnecting isn't really helping as I get booted anyways.
  • DosantsuDosantsu
    So even after the update I keep getting disconnected.
    The reconnect thing doesn't work,and instead of getting the option to log back in at the Error 10053 screen it just says "Your login session has timed out"
    This happens whenever I'm on the same map as a boss monster (I guess,because it happened as I was making my way to the Giant Turkey and I dced as soon as I got within the area it had spawned) and whenever I attempt to go into a dungeon portal (Every single time).
    I can sit in my house and gather my life skill resources but I can't run dungeons or fight world bosses thus making the game 100% unplayable.
    Thanks heaps Nexon.
  • melispandamelispanda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 840
    Okay so I don't know where else to put this, but since the update, I've actually been able to stay on MUCH longer than before, but I still get DC'ed quite a lot. And it's actually gotten worse since every time I get DC'ed, I also get the "login session has timed out" message, so I have to relaunch the game entirely.
  • KuromiKuromi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,275
    The game is almost unplayable for me which is totally heartbreaking cause I love it so much. But since the update the 10053 "fix" hasn't done squat for me. Don't blame my internet for this fault Nexon cause I can literally play other high end MMOs ALL day with no issues but the second I log into MS2, I D/C and have to restart several times. I hope there's a REAL fix for this soon cause I hate not being able to run dungeons with my guild mates.
  • XnknownXnknown
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    i used to DC sometimes. not it just loads and reconnects for a second.
    Seems like its fixed for me. still have the Reconnect stuff but won't be kicked out of dungeon anymore cuz in 5 sec later im back ingame again
  • LydiaStrikersLydiaStrikers
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    Ever since the halloween update, i've been having the 10053 error and it still hasn't stopped to this day. The "reconnecting fix" doesn't help at all. In fact, it makes it worse. Not only do I get it CONSTANTLY even while doing nothing at all, it happens during my dungeon runs and I die every time because of that 5 second delay.

This is legit the only game where i've had issues like this. I can play everything else buttery smooth with a seamless connection but MapleStory 2 apparently doesn't want to connect to the hi-speed router RIGHT NEXT TO ME.