Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• koori5koori5
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    what's wrong with this 10053 error? I was in FD dungeon and boss left 1% hp, I was dc then reconnected, no in dungeon anymore, nexon did you read this mega thread, I am using WIRED connect, not WIFI bullshit, did you understand what's the players are complaining about here? release your stupid 10 men chaos raid without fix 10053 dc problem? are you out of your mind?
  • SnowyArtsSnowyArts
    This is Ridiculous! I have tried all the steps and some suggestions by other people and i still get the error message, So frustrating! Please Help
  • Uke_NAWestUke_NAWest
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    It took a while to decide if I should share my experiences with 10053 but I had hopes that it would resolve itself. It never did. Infact, day by day its getting worse. Even worse around reset time. I did the fixs that were listed but they did nothing to fix the issue and quite frankly, made it worse after a certain point so I stopped trying.

My issue with 10053 started with the Oct 25th update where before, I had no issues with disconnecting... And Ive been playing since Closed Beta 1, after however good god I cant stay connected for more then a few seconds without disconnecting. Its insane. I can be standing perfectly still and I will disconnect. If I talk I disconnect. If I interact with objects (such as binoculars for Dailies, fishing, harvesting) I disconnect. So what am I to do when anything I try to do in the game can disconnect me? Not to get into what its like to do raids with this stupid issue. I counted how many times I disconnected at Fire Dragon... 7 Times Nexon... This entire double drop event has been a slap to the face to those having this problem, rubbing salt into their wounds when their time is wasted when they disconnect at 10% on the bosses HP from something that's obviously on your end at this point. I dont even know how you can be focusing on pumping out Chaos Raid content when the people you are trying to cater to now, start disconnecting in chaos raids. Will you finally do something about it then? This issue should of honestly been fixed way earlier instead of you blaming your player base like you usually do. In addition, please stop trying to only cater to hard core players. Reading your recent blogs and announcements its all been about you listening to players who had complaints about chaos raids. What about us who are having this prominent issue? Those who havnt written here? Youve said youd give out further information about the 10053 issue like twice now? There has yet to be anything aside from "Well we might have a fix on Nov 8th". Please give a proper statement about this issue. Either way, I hope you plan some form of compensation for this. I didnt pay $100 for my founders pack for a game I cant play.
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,690
    this is something I recently discovered.
    I like to leave my computer on overnight sometimes, did this many times during cbt to get trophies.
    But now if I leave my computer on overnight and try to play maple story 2 the next day I will get the 10053 error every couple of seconds.
    The only fix I have seen is to reset your computer and try again. That is the only way for it to make it stop.
  • AliceWhatAliceWhat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 855
    I totally disabled DHCP in my router settings which resulted in not being able to connect to wifi from my phone. Now the disconnections got just a little bit better. Until I did this, it dropped me like every 3 min, now I sometimes can play for 15-20 minutes but this really can't be the final solution since this is still very annoying. I got disconnected 7 times in 5 fd runs today, and on one of them I didn't even get the drops, because I got the error right before the dragon died. I also had to spend mesos on the suicide fruits just to get back to my party every time.
    So:
    I run it as admin. DHCP is disabled. I get the errors no matter if it's wired or wifi. I think I tried almost everything you mentioned in the first post, still getting the error. It is indeed very unfortunate that we don't even get a response from the devs if they are working on this or should we just leave the game. I think I'll wait for Thursday, then I'll stop trying.
  • KleKle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 210
    Reset my router seems to be working. Havn't dcd in 10hours.
  • NoxxusNoxxus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    This has been getting way out of control. Just started 2 days ago for me and it hasnt stopped since. Ruined the entire event for me.
  • ToshabiToshabi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 680
    edited 12:54AM November 5, 2018
    Salutations Nexon Inc!

I'm a huge fan of this new dungeon! I literally only wait 2 minutes in party queue and I get in just like that! No other hard mode dungeon has queue timers this low for any DPS class! Best of all, the player is presented with some beautiful artwork (Similar to the title screen???) as well as a character selection screen(It looks like the character selection screen anyways). This is some sort of abstract message that reminds us that we have more than 1 character we need to focus on other than that one character we're trying so hard to max out. It's some deep life lesson (I think?) that a lot of people forget since we become so tunnel-visioned on one character that we end up neglecting the rest of them. And if we don't have another character we're working on, then it shows us how shallow our vision is of the Maple World as we are only experiencing it through the eyes of one class.

What's even better is after the dungeon is completed, you return back to your character, alive and well in game. He/She isn't hurt at all, which is such a huge relief. And best of all, this dungeon experience does NOT count towards daily dungeon completion, which is an absolute plus as I can experience this dungeon as many times as I want any day of the week (Usually about 20-30 times, sometimes 50 times if I'm absolutely lucky). There isn't any gear rewards, sadly, but the life lesson I get out of this dungeon is an eternal reward that I'll be taking beyond my grave.

Well done Nexon! Can't wait to see you add more abstract dungeons like this into the game. The fact that players are forced into this 10053 dungeon every 5 minutes, despite being queued for it or not, is a nifty feature. I know many people here are complaining about this, but those kinds of people fall into the class of players who think that things like Vanilla World of Warcraft is a good idea. It's Quality of Life add ons like Dungeon 10053 that we take for granted in this chaotic day and age.

Your biggest fan,

Toshabi

qW1M2b3.jpg

rU1LQSc.jpg
    AliceWhatFearmypawsjessiaNunahDyphaxVeremisiaSherrimelispanda
  • AliceWhatAliceWhat
    Toshabi wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of this new dungeon! I literally only wait 2 minutes in party queue and I get in just like that! No other hard mode dungeon has queue timers this low for any DPS class! Best of all, the player is presented with some beautiful artwork (Similar to the title screen???) as well as a character selection screen(It looks like the character selection screen anyways). This is some sort of abstract message that reminds us that we have more than 1 character we need to focus on other than that one character we're trying so hard to max out. It's some deep life lesson (I think?) that a lot of people forget since we become so tunnel-visioned on one character that we end up neglecting the rest of them. And if we don't have another character we're working on, then it shows us how shallow our vision is of the Maple World as we are only experiencing it through the eyes of one class.

There's actually truth in your words. I only started my second character because I hoped I might not get that frequent disconnections just doing the main questline, but man I was wrong.

• GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    edited 9:21AM November 5, 2018
    Never had this issue until 2 weeks ago or so... So frustrating. I can't even play a game at this point. Glad i didn't spend any money on this game.
  • BloodyXSavageBloodyXSavage
    Since the first day of the open beta I'm keep getting this 10053 error every 10 sec,
    I research a lil bit about it and I figured that it only works for me in specific time like in the midnight and till the evening day after,
    and nothing from the list worked for me.
    I hopefully they gonna fix it on the next patch because it just so annoying that we can't even enjoy this game and after we waited so long for it and finally to play.
  • FearmypawsFearmypaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    edited 2:02PM November 5, 2018
    DeeeDeee wrote: »
    Nexon?! Are you listening?!

Idk if they bothered reading this, if they did, it would be resolved by now before chaos raid otherwise, there'll be mass rages/threats/silly posts of hundreds 10053's things flooding up here and next thing we know, nexon be like "We don't know how to fix it but thanks for your money. Move along, and continue play the game please ty."
    Sherri
  • jessiajessia
    edited 3:45PM November 5, 2018
    i wanna cry.

edit: this effects EVERYONE, not just the ones getting the error. I feel so bad for trying to attempt dungeons with the maple community knowing full well I might DC on the unbeknownst team. ALSO, IM NOT MADE OF RED DAISIES.
    AliceWhat
  • SydonSydon
    I don't know if its going to help in anyway, but I can be all day without getting this error, and at 23:50 (game time) I start to get the 10053 error every 1-2 minutes...
  • SydonSydon
    impossible to play
  • jessiajessia
    edited 4:22PM November 6, 2018
    deleted
  • ZhoukerZhouker
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    Don't even attempt to upgrade or re-roll gear with this problem. I got disconnected with the re-roll window open and a god weapon in the item slot; reconnected with automatically chosen trash attributes/stats. GM shrugged off my support ticket.
  • AliceWhatAliceWhat
    Zhouker wrote: »
    Don't even attempt to upgrade or re-roll gear with this problem. I got disconnected with the re-roll window open and a god weapon in the item slot; reconnected with automatically chosen trash attributes/stats. GM shrugged off my support ticket.

There's so much pain and suffering caused by 10053.
  • MaplestoryGuyMaplestoryGuy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    edited 1:36AM November 6, 2018
    The first thing you need to understand is that 10053 is just a generic disconnect error. If downtime comes around or you simply pull the plug on your modem you will get the same error. This is why Nexon needs to verify there is nothing wrong on your end because part of the troubleshooting process is narrowing down the actual issue so they can replicate it and squash it. It may be obvious to most of you that you will disconnect on weak public wifi or some router with some crazy DHCP configuration but for some people it is not and that's why it needs to be pointed out. It's not because Nexon thinks they have perfect servers that couldn't possibly have issues but that they simply need to rule out user error.

That being said I don't believe it is a client socket issue because:
    -Running Maplestory2.exe as admin
    -Shutting off anti-virus completely
    -Disabling Windows firewall completely
    -Not running any other programs
    -Resetting modem / router / dns / dhcp lease / etc

all does nothing and the issue seemingly continues at random.

As I was watching Maplestory2.exe in Resource Monitor I did not notice anything peculiar on the network socket (no packet loss, no high latency) the connection just seemingly dies for no reason. Which seems like it is an application layer issue on the server side of things.

Nexon uses Amazon EC2 for hosting the NA East server, which physically resides in data centers in Virginia.
    For example I just watched Maplestory2 die on
    local port : 18538
    address: 18.209.119.193
    remote port: 30001

which is:
    "ip_prefix": "18.208.0.0/13",
    "region": "us-east-1",
    "service": "EC2"
    us-east-1 for EC2 resides in Northern Virginia.

As you move around map to map, channel to channel, it changes which address you connect to as well as its corresponding ports. I have seen it fail across the board so I don't believe it is tied to some specific network infastructure either.

I think there is a fundamental issue in how the server application code is programed for this game.

My advice is just wait for daily reset (0:00 in game time) they usually push updates then and see if anything gets better. Also keep trying after major patches/updates. It's been random for me, some days are fine others are unplayable. So I don't really know what is going on.
    Nunah
  • VeremisiaVeremisia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    edited 6:35AM November 6, 2018
    It definitely sucks, but there is a glint of hope on the horizon. They are working on a fix (or, as I would call it, band-aid, but we will see) and they previewed it here. Jungso Lee also confirmed in the comments, that this will fix the issue of you getting kicked out of dungeon runs, as it will reconnect you on the spot. Here is his response.

I seriously hope this is not just putting a band-aid on the issue and is goin to be an actual fix. But to me this fix looks more like they can't pinpoint what is causing those 10053 errors, so they developed a workaround... Well, as long as it's going to work, I'm looking forward to it.

What worries me is that in the preview dev blog, they stated they are still aiming for Nov 8 for this fix. But the tweet is saying "November" only. Is this fix not going to be ready in time?
    jessia