Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• BraxtonRexBraxtonRex
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 440
    Your retarded patch is constantly crashing me in hard dungeons, never had any problems with dungeon crashing before.
  • AirysAirys
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    I can't even stay online for 2 seconds before having this error pop up constantly.
    Gore4Glory
  • Gore4GloryGore4Glory
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    I'm having the exact same issue. The game is literally unplayable right now. It was disconnecting me every few hours yesterday. But as time went on, the issue became more and more frequent. Now it happens about every 50 to 60 seconds or so. Unbelievable.
  • JohnPeterSmithJohnPeterSmith
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    I didn't have a single disconnect before the recent patch, and now I'm getting 10053'd every few minutes. I haven't changed any part of my router/internet settings or my computer. I assume its all server side since fighting world bosses or moving to a busy map like ch 1 Tria is an instant 10053 trigger for me.

Have tried running as administrator, setting ms2.exe to high priority, verifying integrity of game cache as well as complete reinstall. Nothing works.
  • KlamLakridsKlamLakrids
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,425
    Gotten worse for me aswell
    usually 2-3 times an hour, but now i dc every minute
    Can't really do much about it zz
  • AlitaelAlitael
    Never had much issue and most of 'em where on my side but today it's unplayable, every few minute getting slammed by 10053.
  • FearmypawsFearmypaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    edited 9:59AM October 27, 2018
    This is just becoming so retarded right now, i know it's not my end, it's nexon. Allow me to explain..

I was just in fire dragon perfection all mechanics till the fire dragon reach to 2m hp and i noticed the party stutter lag and movement and i was like oh man plz don't dc me right now. When the fire dragon reach to 1m and everything stop and animation goes off and i got disconnected and kicked me back to menu and logged in and RECEIVED NO REWARDS. I mean, WHAT THE ? DC ME AND LOLOL TOO BAD NO REWARD GG NO RE GIT GUD! What is this nexon? I ask you... WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? IT has happened to me just couple times in dungeon when halfway or near death fire dragon. So basically i worked my ass for all nothing. NOTHING, just a slap in the face and telling me to stfu and retry again fd. Why should i magically teleport the hell out of dungeon while being disconnected. Couldn't you just leave me in dungeon and idc if i died and so i get ranked/rewarded whatever it is?

nexon: NOO NOO U DC U IS MUST OUT OF DUNGEON.

nexon, you have THICC money and start fixing up. IF you can't, your better off allowing bots taking over and let the game die. We do not want to hear more B.S. It's either be useful or be useless. Stop wasting ppl time!

/endrant
    matumachoGore4Glory
  • oaklandsoaklands
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    Error 10053 tends to fluctuate for me. I used to get the error every other day, but it seems as though I receive it every hour or two now. I don't think the patch has solved anything beyond it the frequency (?) of it appearing.
  • LadyPeggyLadyPeggy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
    almost a month in and still no fix this is bullshit waste of my 100$
  • rjk10123rjk10123
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,320
    Fix this god damn disconnection BS, its the game not our internet! Fix your damn bugs nexon..
    matumacho
  • koori5koori5
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    It happened to me, and after search on the internet for the solution, IT WAS the server side fault, when I was using wired connection is fine, only happened to wifi connection, so I believe it's something to do with the server wifi support protocol. Because this DC issue had never happened in any other MMORPG I have played.
  • NikomisNikomis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Honestly, the game was doing fine for the first time ever until you guys patched it... Now it's worse... I don't even get to connect to a server before I get three error messages immediately, 10053, you've been disconnected would you like to reconnect. Hit yes. Immediately states I'm logged in and need to wait for it to disconnect. I hit okay. Then I immediately get a message saying my time to join a server has timed out and the client needs to be restarted. This happens dozens of times in a matter of minutes. I haven't connected well since the patch... I even tried to repair the install, thinking maybe it bugged up and had a misplaced file. Nope. It's A-OK.

Country Where You Reside: Canada, eastern
    Server: NA east.
    Your Internet Service Provider: Bell fiber optic
    Wifi or Wired: wireless (only option)

And the steps I've taken are all of them, except changing connection location and wired/wireless connection, as those are NOT options. I have zero sync issues and my event viewer doesn't have the esent event id's.
  • NikomisNikomis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    edited 2:08AM October 28, 2018
    Honestly, the game was doing fine for the first time ever until you guys patched it... Now it's worse... I don't even get to connect to a server before I get three error messages immediately, 10053, you've been disconnected would you like to reconnect. Hit yes. Immediately states I'm logged in and need to wait for it to disconnect. I hit okay. Then I immediately get a message saying my time to join a server has timed out and the client needs to be restarted. This happens dozens of times in a matter of minutes. I haven't connected well since the patch... I even tried to repair the install, thinking maybe it bugged up and had a misplaced file. Nope. It's A-OK.

Country Where You Reside: Canada, eastern
    Server: NA east.
    Your Internet Service Provider: Bell fiber optic
    Wifi or Wired: wireless (only option)

And the steps I've taken are all of them, except changing connection location and wired/wireless connection, as those are NOT options. I have zero sync issues and my event viewer doesn't have the esent event id's.

I do understand that you guys are overworked and under a lot of stress right now, but I do want to play sooner or later...
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    My connection is 10x worse tonight, ive been dcing every MINUTE or so god this is so tiring.
  • MorgantheeMorganthee
    can't do much bout' nexon monkeys just sitting around and not even giving us an update or acknowledging this issue. like come on, tell us that you're working on this or something
  • JecykaJecyka
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    Having a lot of issues after the patch aswell, i play on US East but im from Germany. I usually got around 70-100 ping which is playable. I have a wired connection and i get over 600 ping now and constant disconnections. If this extreme lag would be my fault why didnt i have any issue the last 2 weeks i played it? This crap only occured after the maintenance and its literally stopping me from being able to play. I have premium and spent about 40 bucks on this game, just to not be able to play anymore.
  • JohnPeterSmithJohnPeterSmith
    I didn't have a single disconnect before the recent patch, and now I'm getting 10053'd every few minutes. I haven't changed any part of my router/internet settings or my computer. I assume its all server side since fighting world bosses or moving to a busy map like ch 1 Tria is an instant 10053 trigger for me.

Have tried running as administrator, setting ms2.exe to high priority, verifying integrity of game cache as well as complete reinstall. Nothing works.

Well I don't know what happened because I sure as hell didn't change anything, but I haven't had the 10053 issues for 2 days now. Fingers crossed that its gone for good.
  • FluffertonsFluffertons
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 355
    edited 10:14AM October 28, 2018
    I don't understand what the problem is, because I will randomly, and I mean extremely randomly disconnect with the (10053) error and I will immediately be able to log back in. So it boggles my mind that I will disconnect and then be able to almost immediately connect again. It happens at the worst times too. About to win an event? Disconnect. About to complete a dungeon? Disconnect. It's almost like the game is trolling me. I'm using the Steam version, and I'm trying literally anything and everything to fix it. I've tried the steps mentioned in the OP. I've tried disabling V-Sync, disabling HDR, running as an admin, using compatibility mode for MapleStory.exe, disabling Steam broadcasting, setting MapleStory 2 as a high-priority, reinstalling the game, etc. Literally doing trial and error to see what is the problem here. I find it interesting that a lot of people (one of my friends included) are not having as much of a problem. Just a select few of us are having an above-average issue with this and disconnecting multiple times a day. I am on a WiFi connection, but even so, shouldn't be a problem as I have no problems playing other games. It's like they set the ping limit extremely low and when you hit it just once, goodbye. No chance of attempting to reconnect. It's extremely frustrating how I am now handicapped from the game. I have banned myself from doing hard dungeons because of the multiple disconnects. Getting kicked from a hard dungeon means you can no longer participate and you have to watch your party from the sidelines for the whole rest of the dungeon. Yea, like I really want to have that happen. I really want to enjoy the game and think it has a lot of potential, but how can I enjoy it when I'm constantly fearing getting disconnected? It only seems to be getting worse too from my experience. When I first started playing I hardly ever got disconnected. Now It's every 30-60 min. I'll just keep doing trial and error methods in the meantime since there seems to be absolutely no updates on the matter.
    YairrPkmdz
  • HiminakoHiminako
    Same for me. A friend that lives in the UK does not have any problems at all with disconnects, me on the other hand from germany using Telekom ISP is having disconnects every few seconds.
    And i can't say that its on my end and not sure about it being on my ISPs side either, let me tell you why.
    I have been doing literally everything that they mention you should be doing.
    I disabled my firewall and antivirus, restarted my Router not just internally but also disconnecting it from the power for a while. I did reinstall the game i also did fresh install my Windows and because all of this did not help at all i asked my ISP and they did reset my whole connection.
    And surprise, this did not help either, i am still getting the Error 10053 over and over. I can not do any dungeons, not even normal ones without being disconnected at least twice. And i even missed out on loot at the end because i got disconnected at the final fight, went back in just to have my group leaving the dungeon because they killed the boss already, non the less i got my daily run counted but ended up with nothing but wasted time and nerves.
  • KhongiKhongi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    I've lost so many merets on auto fishing because somewhere along the 1hr - 3hr line I got 10053 and I was off doing life so when I noticed the session had timed out.

I actually paid a neighbor (who works in one of those hire a tech guy companies) to run through the check list recommended by you and do extra checks and there is no issue, no other game times out like MS2. He thinks it's a population control thing, but that's just his two cents.

So frustrating. If you think you've fixed this and have no intention of trying to fix it further please at least implement a way for auto buffs remain regardless how long someone has been 100053 booted.