During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• matumachomatumacho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Server: SA
    Connection: cable modem
    ISP: telecentro
    Router: modem Cisco dcp2420
  • PariPari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,360
    I think the error got worse on my end, I didn't have time to test out last night if I would still d/c in FD. However, from current time presently, just teleporting around or going to new maps is enough to d/c me. Not to mention the delay got worse but it really confuses me whether or not it's my side or if nexon tripped and fell on their face. Like I can run League of Legends and play a game just fine, I can also play Final Fantasy XIV without issues... I just don't understand what happened from between my time playing during beta and headstart to about 3 days ago which has caused me to be unable to play consistently anymore.
  • KurinKurin
    So I've also been having this issue and I have done everything in the check list...
    I can play other games just fine without having any issues but with this I keep getting disconnected randomly.

Country Where You Reside: Sweden
    Server: Europe
    Your Internet Service Provider: Tenenor
    Wifi or Wired: Wired
    Router: Technicolor 799 Xtream
  • ZroXPZroXP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 350
    This happens to me everyday around the time of the daily reset. I can play perfectly fine up until around 20-30 minutes before the reset, and then I'll d/c every 1-2 minutes until about 3-4 hours later. This is extremely annoying because the reset is when you want to play the most. I literally have to wait before going into hard mode dungeons because I know I will d/c and not be able to get back in.

This is unacceptable and it's really frustrating having to deal with it. As much as I love this game and want to support it, I won't be spending a red cent until this is fixed and I'm assured I can play the game unhindered by such an error. This is a game breaking problem and it's been almost a month and still no fix. What a shame.
    Cybertooth
  • Tsukasa_HiiragiTsukasa_Hiiragi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
    edited 12:51PM October 24, 2018
    Modesty wrote: »
    If Nexon is still reading the posts on this Topic, here's what I found out from various tests:
    1. When you "ping" any sites, you get the reply from that IP in whatever time it takes.
    2. Sometimes, the "Request timed out", which isn't impossible for any ISP. Some more common than others, and also, some hours more common than others.
    3. When "Request timed out" there's a good chance for the 10053 error. Other games usually just has a frame skip where everything moving seems to teleport a frame. Here's the kicker, MapleStory 2 boots you out like 50% of the time instead. But after the October patch, it seems like it decided to try harder and started booting 80% of the time instead.

It's impossible to make it so there's no "Request timed out" for most of the bigger, heavily used ISP. Furthermore, I was getting "Request timed out" in both the CBT, but I never d/ced or encounter the 10053 error until the Mushtopia Royale release.

Now the question is, "What has changed since then?"

EDIT: I just recalled that getting the 10053 in the character selection screen is like less than 10%.

I got a new modem from comcast, still get the same error and its much more frequent at night. What I'm guessing its the worst of throttling is going on, and in those momentary laspes in connection, Maplestory 2 isn't giving the client enough time to re-estabilish the connection and booting the player offline. That is what I'm guessing, my modem, zonealarm and router logs are not showing anything 'sinister' and comcast is saying my 'signals' are fine so essentially the developers need to give the client more time to re-sync, if that makes the player die or suddenly skip/speed up to re-sync then that is a small price to pay, its far better to have that than be completely kicked offline.

matumacho
  • CybertoothCybertooth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    At this point, i only want to be refunded... 100 bucks for legendary package and you can't offer a proper service, bravo. Still curious if this to come out patch will work... very doubtful
    KayoAemskey
  • mayooomayooo
    This normally isn't a huge issue for me during normal playing but the worst is when I play smoothly for 4 hours and then as soon as I find a pocket realm, I get dc'd by this error. Or when I'm in a minigame like dance dance stop and it kicks me out. :(
  • ShakuraShakura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    Country Where You Reside: Portugal
    Server: Europe
    Your Internet Service Provider: NOS
    Wifi or Wired: Wired
    i have only problem with this game, error 10053 all the time is unplayable
  • AcuiasaAcuiasa
    I've found some imrpovements with the recent update they pushed yesterday. I can now play for about 15-20 minutes (after the first DC which usually happens within a few minutes) before getting DC'ed without doing any changes since the update. That being said I still can't afford to run Hard Dungeons because I have a high chance of being DC'd.
  • TrungVoTrungVo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 2:50PM October 24, 2018
    Under Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application, see if you have ESENT Event ID 916 log.
    If you are observing this error on Windows 10, unfortunately there’s no known solution to resolve this other than reinstalling Windows. While this error may not cause any issue for normal windows operation, this will likely cause disconnection for Maplestory 2 among other online games.
    no, even though it affects other games, it doesnt have anything to do with 10053, I reinstalled windows 10 version 1703 (ESENT Event ID 916 only happens in 1709 fall creator update and higher version) and still getting disconnect while streaming and my stream is has no spike whatsoever.
  • DarkLegacyDarkLegacy
    It is completely random on my end. Some days, the bug doesn't happen at all. Days like today however, it happens every few minutes. I see that they have acknowledges the issue so I am hopeful that it ends up being completely resolved soon. While it may not be as big of a deal to some, constantly being DC'ed is a very game breaking experience in my opinion. Especially when you're an endgame content player.
  • SydonSydon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Same for me, I played all day without getting disconnected and now 00:00 i get disconnected every 1-2 min
  • xGeniusxxGeniusx
    Country Where You Reside: Argentina, Buenos Aires
    Server: tested all the servers, mainly want to play "South America" or "NA east"
    Your Internet Service Provider: "Telefonica", also tested "Telecom"
    Wifi or Wired: Wireless or Wired, tried everything, every settings
    Router: linksys ac32000 - Asus ac2900

error 10053 every 2mins, nothing seems to work
  • KirbyCardenKirbyCarden
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 800
    I just today (maybe also last night, but idk) started getting the "error code 10060) consistently no matter what I try. I wanna play real bad too, but I just can't get in. :'( My other games on steam seem to work fine.
  • DyphaxDyphax
    Fix this sheat. Our internet was fine until we started playing Maplestory 2. It's like this game injected an internet virus. Getting this error left and right. Contacted Comcast and said our internet is fine, but it's running hella slow af for NO REASON.

IKR? My connection was also fine until I started to play this game, now I cant even play games that I used to play before, because i randomly lose connection on all the devices that are connected to, for like 3-4 sec. I even contacted my ISP and they said everything is fine on their end, wtf?
  • RufiohNitramRufiohNitram
    I may just be seeing answers where there aren't any, but I noticed that timeouts occur more frequently when I'm using a second monitor. I run the game on my main monitor, and typically keep the world boss spawn timer open on my second monitor, but most of the time when I would mouse over to my other monitor it'd time me out. Same thing happens when I try to idle while doing things on my second monitor. If this is the case, that kinda sucks because that means I can't idle and auto-fish while doing something else on my computer at the same time.

However, I still experience timeouts averaging around every 7 minutes or so even when I have my other monitor off with nothing else in the background, so I might just be imagining this.

At least once, I've experienced a glitch where my party completed a dungeon while I was in the process of rejoining them from a timeout and even though the quest confirmed I completed the dungeon, since I didn't see the cutscene after the boss was defeated, I had to go through the dungeon again. I'm grateful that the party system allows you to rejoin your party immediately after you get back into the game, and it definitely helps me complete dungeons where I can actually return back to where I left off...but completing dungeons where I'm unable to group up with anyone has been a serious struggle, as even if I'm a few thousand points of damage away from defeating the final boss, I still have to return to the beginning with nothing to show for it but all of the items I burned through fighting the boss. The fact that the Cathy Mart dungeon is completely inaccessible after one timeout has also been a struggle for me in trying to finish off my daily dungeons. I feel that if the early November update doesn't go as planned, fixing up select dungeons that are unbeatable to those who regularly time out by letting you spawn close to where you left off would be benificial. Putting a portal in the Cathy Mart dungeon that lets you rejoin the dungeon and head back down to the sales floor would also be a huge bonus because that dungeon is absolutely unplayable to me at the current rate of timeouts.

tl;dr: If you can't fix the timeouts, fix Cathy Mart and solo dungeons.
  • NaseNase
    I think I've only really experienced trouble with constant disconnects every other minute for like 1-2 days after the game goes down for maintenance... at least that's what it seems like, since otherwise the game has run smoothly and disconnects are a lot more rare for me. That's all I can guess really, since it started doing it again today after it worked perfectly fine last night and the game went down for maintenance early this morning. Same thing happened last week. But regardless of what the actual cause is, this is getting really old really fast and someone needs to fix this issue pronto! I think I speak for lot of us when I say we can only deal with it for so long before we get sick of it and just move onto something else. It's a shame considering how much time or money some of us have already invested into this game.
  • MoofeyMoofey
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    TrungVo wrote: »
    Under Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application, see if you have ESENT Event ID 916 log.
    If you are observing this error on Windows 10, unfortunately there’s no known solution to resolve this other than reinstalling Windows. While this error may not cause any issue for normal windows operation, this will likely cause disconnection for Maplestory 2 among other online games.
    no, even though it affects other games, it doesnt have anything to do with 10053, I reinstalled windows 10 version 1703 (ESENT Event ID 916 only happens in 1709 fall creator update and higher version) and still getting disconnect while streaming and my stream is has no spike whatsoever.

I partially agree. I do have that event in my application logs but no 10053 that I've gotten has been related to one. I also don't have any issues in other games when they're configured correctly.

My research, however, is that there are people who have this that do have problems in general with their PCs and gaming.

• BambinoバーサーカーBambinoバーサーカー
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    well unlucky me then just happen 2 days and no fix for it, good bye maple, founder pack etc, when u guys fixed this let us know in news.
  • LyraIeiLyraIei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Server:EU
    Connection: Optic Fiber
    Issue: Never had the 10053 disconnect before until this recent patch. Something has been touched that is kicking me out. Its the second time it happened, both while doing hard dungeons and it has made imposible for me or the pug to complete them.