During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• PeachieMilkPeachieMilk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 545
    edited 10:54PM October 20, 2018
    Fix this sheat. Our internet was fine until we started playing Maplestory 2. It's like this game injected an internet virus. Getting this error left and right. Contacted Comcast and said our internet is fine, but it's running hella slow af for NO REASON.
    matumachoWolfyBoyTsukasa_HiiragiKirbyCardenDyphax
  • MSForumModeMSForumMode
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 840
    Yep same issue, on North America East, Toronto, Canada, Wired fibre optic connection.
  • koolsaifkoolsaif
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    wtf is this its still happening to me and I did everything. I cant even properly do any dungeons because the gate closes and I cant go inside. FiX THIS ALREADY. I havent been able to do my 30 weekly dungeon runs last week and the same is going for this week.
    WolfyBoy
  • MiddianMiddian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    Still cant get in, immediately pops up with the 10053 error as soon as I try to leave the char select screen. Have attempted all the fixes suggested by other players and nothing works both NA East and NA West
  • MadjoOMadjoO
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 210
    Steel having the same error 10053 problem always Disconnect !
    any fix ?! i just cant play the game..
    WolfyBoy
  • ModestyModesty
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,200
    edited 10:23AM October 21, 2018
    If Nexon is still reading the posts on this Topic, here's what I found out from various tests:
    1. When you "ping" any sites, you get the reply from that IP in whatever time it takes.
    2. Sometimes, the "Request timed out", which isn't impossible for any ISP. Some more common than others, and also, some hours more common than others.
    3. When "Request timed out" there's a good chance for the 10053 error. Other games usually just has a frame skip where everything moving seems to teleport a frame. Here's the kicker, MapleStory 2 boots you out like 50% of the time instead. But after the October patch, it seems like it decided to try harder and started booting 80% of the time instead.

It's impossible to make it so there's no "Request timed out" for most of the bigger, heavily used ISP. Furthermore, I was getting "Request timed out" in both the CBT, but I never d/ced or encounter the 10053 error until the Mushtopia Royale release.

Now the question is, "What has changed since then?"

EDIT: I just recalled that getting the 10053 in the character selection screen is like less than 10%.
    Tsukasa_Hiiragi
  • SkyToWSkyToW
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    not getting error 10053 ?! No problem here take error D0000 !!
    can the GM just fix it ?
    well so many player quit because of it cmon nexon do Something !!!!
  • yellowlimityellowlimit
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    I got disconnected at character creation screen! called my ISP and they said my internet is fine and there's nothing wrong. I tried the suggested work around and still get disconnected even before getting in.
    completed all step above
    Server: NA West
    ISP: Shaw
    wired
  • PariPari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,360
    Hey! So up until about yesterday... I could play the game COMPLETELY fine. No disconnects no nothing. I was a happy "lil" priest.
    Then yesterday happened and I started d/cing out the ass for just being in any map or field. So I shake it off and continue on my merry way. Then trying to go into FD. It was okay for like the first 20 seconds. Then it starts getting insanely choppy and laggy. The thing with yesterday was there were people over at my house so I thought that was the issue to why I was disconnecting.

Afraid I was wrong because today just about 5 minutes ago, I tried entering FD and I disconnected on the spot. Have been disconnecting repeatedly today actually and well I just can't run dungeons for my guild now. This whole thread and your fixes? Unfortunately, hate to break it to you but I'm pretty sure the issue lies server side. Otherwise nothing else would work if I was truly on such unstable crappy internet. Most people on this forum should know... or relate at least that discord wouldn't function quite right or really at all if your net was even remotely choppy and bad. I can use and play everything else without problems but then MS2 for some reason I can't do more than simple dailies now because of this issue which... not sure why has decided to begin affecting me despite me playing for weeks. I was fine from head-start until yesterday. So... not quite sure how that happened.
    MoarsiWolfyBoy
  • SpectruhSpectruh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
    edited 6:39PM October 21, 2018
    So I've tried multiple fixes for this issue:

-I've uninstalled and did a complete clean reinstall.
    -I've made sure both my firewalls (windows and zonealarm) give high priority to both the launcher and the client.
    -I've made the game true full screen by going into msconfig.
    -I've set up a wired connection, and hard reset my router.
    -I've set both the launcher and client to run in windows 8 compatibility (because i've heard its a win 10 issue), and to run as administrator.

Nothing has fixed this. I am absolutely out of ideas here. It's extremely frustrating. I'm scared to go into dungeons because I disconnect every 5 minutes on average. Sometimes you can just run right back in, but you can end up missing so much, or the party could just dump you. I tried FD for the first time last night, and disconnected 5 times. Because I was with my guild, they let me hang out and leech but still. I want to be able to play this game to the fullest, and this error is preventing that.

Server: NA East
    Connection: Wired and Wireless
    ISP: Distributel
    Router: D-Link 816L
    MoarsiTsukasa_Hiiragi
  • PariPari
    Spectruh wrote: »
    So I've tried multiple fixes for this issue:

-I've uninstalled and did a complete clean reinstall.
    -I've made sure both my firewalls (windows and zonealarm) give high priority to both the launcher and the client.
    -I've made the game true full screen by going into msconfig.
    -I've set up a wired connection, and hard reset my router.
    -I've set both the launcher and client to run in windows 8 compatibility (because i've heard its a win 10 issue), and to run as administrator.

Nothing has fixed this. I am absolutely out of ideas here. It's extremely frustrating. I'm scared to go into dungeons because I disconnect every 5 minutes on average. Sometimes you can just run right back in, but you can end up missing so much, or the party could just dump you. I tried FD for the first time last night, and disconnected 5 times. Because I was with my guild, they let me hang out and leech but still. I want to be able to play this game to the fullest, and this error is preventing that.

Server: NA East
    Router: D-Link 816L

Oh honey, I just tried a solo FD run because I didn't want to put my guildies in pain of going heal-less again like yesterday. I had 1 good run yesterday then BAM the second, third, fourth, and fifth run I dced the entire time :D. Glad your guild also let you leech haha, though I am a co-lead, -cough- a loved one at that... or feared... not sure. But I can no longer run anything or barely even do my dailies without d/cing either. But yeah... just don't. I'm 95% certain this is on nexon's side as well... hate to break it to them but discord runs fine and EVERYONE who uses discord knows damn well... you cannot use discord with bad net. It just doesn't work lol. Secondly, I played a normal game in league and had no problems what so ever. So... I suppose it's time to start a riot haha.
    RufiohNitramWolfyBoyTrungVo
  • RufiohNitramRufiohNitram
    I have tried all of the fixes listed above, beyond outright reinstalling Windows, but I'm still disconnecting so frequently right now I can't complete a single dungeon on my own without disconnecting. It's kind of insulting that I'm continuing to go through items and revives fighting boss monsters only to have the game randomly kick me out and force me to do it all over again. Like a lot of the other cases I'm seeing, this hit its worst very recently, with me not being able to so much as hold a conversation with a friend without being booted offline before I could get a message out.

I don't suspect anything wrong with my internet, or my hardware, as I've run much more intensive MMOs on my computer with little problem. I hope there's an official fix for this in the future, as I've seen people with around $200 in merits experiencing this same error.
  • PariPari
    So, I was unsure if I'd disconnect this morning and continue to be plagued by that error 10053 so I attempted to solo run FD. It was around 1:30pm I think when I started and lo and behold I didn't dc. Now I'll repeat this test later tonight probably with my guild at 9pm EST, so... around 6 - 7 hours from now we shall see if the plague of this horrid error has picked a new victim.

20181022_140816_07_zpspp0nhfeq.jpg

• SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Still getting the error, more frequently now.. I could be doing anything at this point, even in my own home and I just randomly disconnect. Getting sick of it. >:/
    Doguinho
  • DoguinhoDoguinho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Please.. fix it
    Server: NA South
    Router: Mercusys MW301R

• MoofeyMoofey
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    edited 5:45PM October 22, 2018
    So I don't have this problem on a persistent basis, but I do get 10053'd every one or two days and it seems to be increasing. This actually started happening for me when I stopped running maplestory2.exe in compatibility mode. (I was getting "not enough memory" errors and a good drop in game performance with it on, though given the nature of the game I might even try it in XP SP3 compatibility mode)

I've done a lot of digging as to what might be causing the issue on my end and this is what I've done so far:
    MapleStory2 is running as administrator.
    I'm hooked into the network via ethernet (ie. wired)
    10053 is not occurring when my DHCP lease is renewed. (This based on a 10053 occurring today at 5:47 PM. The DHCP renewed last at 4:22 PM and is on a 24 hour cycle. I've been connected through that time of day on several occasions)
    MapleStory2.exe is allowed through Windows firewall. The firewall built in to my router is set to NAT only.
    Time of day is set to sync automatically and it matches up with server time.
    I only just now disabled fast boot at both the OS and UEFI level. I'm not convinced this is what's causing it, though.
    ESENT event no. 916 does appear in my application logs, but the times at which they occur don't match up to when a 10053 occurs on my end, and I've never had any issues with other games. I am able to reduce the amount of times that it happens, but like a lot of people on technet and stuff, it's a struggle to stamp the issue out completely. I'm however not convinced that this is totally the cause.

As far as the error itself is concerned, patterns seem to indicate that in my case, it tends to happen if I'm just hanging around Queenstown. I've gotten it once or twice in a dungeon or in other places. I haven't tried hard mode dungeons yet, which I know is one case where some people do have the issue exclusively. Other than that I maybe need to look at my power configuration and network configuration on the router side.

Steps completed: Administrator check, running on wired, DHCP lease, firewall, time of day sync, fast startup disabled.
    Server: NA West
    ISP: TELUS
    Home network connection type: Wired
  • TrungVoTrungVo
    Mudfish fixed this error for me, guessing nexon using some cheap server/isp which doesnt play nice with other isp, same thing happen in others mmos, just keep complaining till they have enough money to cancel contract and switch ips/upgrade server
  • TheAngryBadgerTheAngryBadger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    this error seems to happen the most inside dungeon instances.
  • KelKel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 405
    Slightly off-topic. Is there a reason why it takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour to log back into the game after getting this 10053 error sometimes, or disconnecting in general? After Region select I get: Unable to connect. (error Code: 10060). It can't be server maintenance. Is it just the servers being too full and there's a long queue of people to get back in? Some friends managed log back in easily after it so I'm uncertain of the problem. Could anyone shed some light on this? Please. Disconnections I can put up with , but taking forever to simply get back into the game is agonizing..
    KirbyCarden
  • SydonSydon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    I’m getting this error everyday and it’s sad because my game did’nt lag at all.
    KirbyCarden