Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Fire dragon/barlog thief build?

CutsCuts
Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
edited 10:36PM October 8, 2018 in Thief
Does anyone have something i can try using for FD/barlog? i finally gotten an epic dagger and manage to get to 2.1kgs ! now im ready to grind even more lol.

currently i was using the pois burst build in tronix, will this work aswell in fd?

Comments

• MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,670
    P E A K P E R F O R M A N C E

G766bD1.png
  • GresGGresG
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500

G766bD1.png

What is the avrg dmg with a good team?
  • MillnMilln
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,060
    What's the Vicious Cuts rotation? I am a Poison Thief and probably thinking too hard about doing something more than Vicious Cuts until no SP, then Double Slash. Surely that's not the whole thing.
  • CutsCuts

G766bD1.png

why you have 1 point in blade dancer? and 0 points in haste?
    edited 12:19PM October 9, 2018
    GresG wrote: »

UHHHHHHHH I'll get back to you when I find a good team to test with.
    Milln wrote: »
    What's the Vicious Cuts rotation? I am a Poison Thief and probably thinking too hard about doing something more than Vicious Cuts until no SP, then Double Slash. Surely that's not the whole thing.

There are variations. People tend to have their own cuts rotations. Using cuts until low spirit and then spamming double slash is the simplest one, and is usually used with haste and deft combatant. It's also really bad.

Other rotations just uses skills like somersault kick, vial, poison edge, surprise attack, or mind breaker. Some people prefer to have poison in the rotations, others also like to have haste up during the rotations, it's up to you what you want to do with it.
    Cuts wrote: »
    why you have 1 point in blade dancer? and 0 points in haste?

Blade dance for the 1 second evasion, I started using it in Balrog because there are too many incompetent knights.
    Haste sucks.
    edited 8:25PM October 9, 2018
    GresG wrote: »

Okay so I don't know how you would define a good team, so I just went ahead and did a run with a random team and tested how much damage I did with my build. I'm pretty sure I'd be doing similar DPS no matter what kind of team I'm on, really.

I reset the timer on crossing the bridge and took the screenshot after balrog died.

zm07m3M.jpg

This was a party with a priest, no knight. Balrog's HP is around 42m and I did half that in a little over 13 minutes (around 1.6m per minute), so a group of 4 players with similar DPS could finish in under 7 minutes.

Actually, I'll just show you a video I recorded 2-3 days ago. I did close to 21m in a little under 15 minutes in this run. I did a little better today because I didn't get hit with the yell as much.

• MillnMilln

Haste sucks.

Good morning. We're friends.
    edited 12:25PM October 11, 2018
    OKAY, I changed up my build with the new level cap. I actually tried a similar build before with the level 50 cap but the difference was very minimal compared to the previous build I posted, and this was mainly due to a severe lack of SP to make it work. Felt it wasn't worth the extra micro-management for that tiny difference.

With the new cap and more SP to use, the difference is now more noticeable. I'm still level 58 so I'm missing 2 SP, which I'll probably put into kick or edge.

NJHTDor.jpg
  • lillucariolillucario
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,355
    @MareSEphemeral Have you tried max Somersault Kick with Deft Combatant? I haven't had a chance to go back to the Hard Dungeons yet after reaching 60. The more I try to do new things the more I realize how starved for SP we are...
  • MillnMilln
    We have so many buttons. I made a Rune Blader yesterday and was like "Wow I only have like two skills I truly need to care about"
  • lillucariolillucario
    That's been my impression for literally every other class after having played Thief first.
  • MillnMilln
    lillucario wrote: »
    That's been my impression for literally every other class after having played Thief first.

And to those I say: Boooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiing gimme Thief. I like thinking and managing things.
  • lillucariolillucario
    Most definitely. It's just what I tell people when they ask me how hard Thief is. It isn't rocket science obviously, but compared the other classes it is surely harder to learn.

Anyways, I think with Thief at 60 there's multiple builds that can work. Of course some will do more damage than others without a doubt given the situation. But more of which play style you want to go for.
  • CutsCuts

G766bD1.png

whats the rotation for this? i
    edited 2:20PM October 11, 2018
    At the start of the battle

Approach with vial, then quickstep, mind breaker, or double slash > cunning > cuts > kick > surprise attack > rethrow vial > continue spamming cuts (double slash if spirit goes low) > kick/surprise as they are off cd

You can spam cuts for quite a bit before having to use double slash because kick and surprise doesn't use a lot of spirit (kick uses none) and this build doesn't use haste. You will also be using mind breaker as needed for repositioning, which restores a chunk of spirit. Always rethrow vial after surprise attack. You can ignore the point in blade dance and leave cunning at 1 if you don't need the evasion.

You can see me doing it in the video I posted.

But again, that build was for the level 50 cap. New level 60 cap build incorporates edge poison.
    edited 1:53PM October 11, 2018
    Forum triple posted, pls delete.
    edited 1:53PM October 11, 2018
    Forum triple posted, pls delete.
  • TunaPhishTunaPhish
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,310
    edited 7:32PM October 11, 2018
    OKAY, I changed up my build with the new level cap. I actually tried a similar build before with the level 50 cap but the difference was very minimal compared to the previous build I posted, and this was mainly due to a severe lack of SP to make it work. Felt it wasn't worth the extra micro-management for that tiny difference.

With the new cap and more SP to use, the difference is now more noticeable. I'm still level 58 so I'm missing 2 SP, which I'll probably put into kick or edge.

NJHTDor.jpg

What is the rotation for this one now?
    edited 9:16PM October 11, 2018
    TunaPhish wrote: »
    What is the rotation for this one now?

Same approach as before, but once you close distance with the boss

activate cunning (either with tactics or with slash) > poison edge > kick > vial > spam cuts etc > after kick is off cd, use it and glance at the top to see how much time is left on both poisons > surprise attack when there's less than 3 seconds left on poisons > repeat

You also have to improvise. If the boss is about to charge away from you and there's still like 5+ seconds left on poisons, it might be better to just throw out surprise if you don't think you'll catch up in time. Getting surprise in when both poisons are up is important.

The reason I throw vial again after edge and kick is to sync both poison effects. Then I use the kick cd to know that poisons are getting close to halfway over and I should get ready to use surprise in the next few seconds.
    RoyRickShaw