Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Knight has a perma-stun in PvP maps???

ssbmBreadssbmBread
Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
edited 9:33PM October 8, 2018 in PVP
^

Knight's spin move sucks you into it, and both my Wizard and my Assassin can't dash out of it? Seems likely of a glitch rather than something that would be implemented into real play

Comments

• AxyAxy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,020
    I believe this only works on the open world pvp maps, the spin doesn't work in any other form of PvP as far as I know. Don't think Open world pvp was made to be balanced unfortunately.
  • TopPriestTopPriest
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,475
    Open world pvp is not balanced at all. It has been almost fully removed from other regions to just a few maps in that area. Knight is not the only one that can perma stun you. Even priest can do it and possibly other classes. In the pvp arena, this is changed so that the stagger does not happen.
    ShadowsBenea
  • SkyCalleRSkyCalleR
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 790
    edited 7:25AM October 10, 2018
    TopPriest wrote: »
    Open world pvp is not balanced at all. It has been almost fully removed from other regions to just a few maps in that area. Knight is not the only one that can perma stun you. Even priest can do it and possibly other classes. In the pvp arena, this is changed so that the stagger does not happen.

Priest cannot permanent stun you, since im a priest main i know that so not sure why u think that, the ticking of the damage skill who knock away is not the fast activated and also its pretty long cd on it to permanent stun, do some researchers before writing stuffs about some classes.
    Mvtsui
  • BatislackBatislack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,795
    SkyCalleR wrote: »
    Priest cannot permanent stun you, since im a priest main i know that so not sure why u think that, the ticking of the damage skill who knock away is not the fast activated and also its pretty long cd on it to permanent stun, do some researchers before writing stuffs about some classes.
    Holy Blast staggers and is spammable. With enough attack speed, you can very well permanently "stun" someone.
    Drop a maxed out Holy Symbol with maxed out Disciple and you won't even need attack speed on your gear.
  • AntichriestAntichriest
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 715
    Batisblack is right, I'm a Priest main too but I can't deny that.
    And, to be honest, you don't even need Holy Symbol and Disciple to be able to stunlock, you can throw a Holy Relic on the ground + Holy Blast and you are done.
    Mvtsui
  • BatislackBatislack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,795
    To be honest, Priest has gotta be the second most cheesiest class to play in PvP maps right now. All you do is literally jump around spamming Holy Blast. Abusing the vertically, you'll be able to avoid most attacks from being 1 block higher during a jump while still hitting anyone nearby with your Holy Blast.
    Knights are obviously the cheesiest class since all they have to do is facetank everything and spin to guarantee an instant win.
  • NaffyNaffy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    edited 3:39PM October 21, 2018
    I love getting Treva as a Knight with a Priest friend.

The other people, based on their 'kind' whispers like it a little less :>

edit: just wanted to say Batislack is actually completely right.
  • nebayotnebayot
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Where do you guys even go for open world pvp? I only know 1 map that sometimes has players looking to fight. it's the one with the healing totem on the little platform surrounded by the poison water
  • NaffyNaffy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 440
    nebayot wrote: »
    Where do you guys even go for open world pvp? I only know 1 map that sometimes has players looking to fight. it's the one with the healing totem on the little platform surrounded by the poison water

I found channel hopping in Gloomy Forest to have the best results.
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Isn't it great I killed a berserker twice.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,280
    edited 6:11AM October 31, 2018
    It's really funny that knights think they're good when they can push one button to win when it takes me 4-5 skills to kill anyone.

Btw priest, runeblade no element echoing storm, wizard ice attack are all one button spam stagger lock insta win too
  • yudcyudc
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 905
    edited 1:08PM November 1, 2018
    It's not like assassins can cheese someone farming or anything (not really against knights)
  • KiymoriKiymori
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,330
    edited 12:44AM November 1, 2018
    I love it, when I get ganked in PvP i just log my knight and meme the people to death.

Those feels when your level 53 +0 is rofl stomping level 60 +15's.
  • SquirrelykinsSquirrelykins
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    edited 6:28AM November 2, 2018
    It’s true Assassin can cheese every class except Knights. As an Assassin, I believe the only skill that needs to be nerfed is the cooldown of a maxed out Shadow Cloak. Assassin can be invisible and can only be seen for 2 seconds when the duration ends, then can be invisible again. I may not be able to kill a Knight, but at least I can stun them and always run away from their infinite stagger combo just to annoy them.

But for Assassin to be nerfed, my wish is for Knight and Priest (Runeblade also I think) to lose their infinite stagger combos.
  • zlOwOlzzlOwOlz
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 845
    Kiymori wrote: »
    I love it, when I get ganked in PvP i just log my knight and meme the people to death.

Those feels when your level 53 +0 is rofl stomping level 60 +15's.

cuz you kno fair fight is on your side, but if that gets taken out, you get rofl stomped back lol
  • ILLyasvirILLyasvir
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 340
    knight is horrible broken.. 1 button = win
  • IWALY69IWALY69
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,195
    No pvp in this game, at least not any kind that anyone should pay attention to.

Wait for arenas and proper balanced classes .
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,280
    ILLyasvir wrote: »
    knight is horrible broken.. 1 button = win

Wizard/priest/rb r broken too
  • Techn0mancerTechn0mancer
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,235
    Yeah, I think myself and pretty much anyone else that is out treva farming just do an emote when a knight shows up. If he wants to kill you, you're going to die, and there's nothing you can do about it, so just /rich and wait for the re-spawn and go to another map. Although folks in this post seem to note that it's "fun" being a knight that way, I'm not sure they're being genuine. Maybe my understanding of the word fun is mistaken but having people not bother to fight back and be forced to vacate to a new map every time you show up doesn't seem very fun to me.
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,735
    Yeah, I think myself and pretty much anyone else that is out treva farming just do an emote when a knight shows up. If he wants to kill you, you're going to die, and there's nothing you can do about it, so just /rich and wait for the re-spawn and go to another map. Although folks in this post seem to note that it's "fun" being a knight that way, I'm not sure they're being genuine. Maybe my understanding of the word fun is mistaken but having people not bother to fight back and be forced to vacate to a new map every time you show up doesn't seem very fun to me.

There's all kinds of people in the world friend, even ones who think 1 button spam winning pvp and having no friends because everyone leaves when you show up is 'fun'.