Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[Lv.60 Guide] Bear's Fire Energy High DPS Build

Comments

• ChillBearChillBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,690
    Vinxinus wrote: »
    For this build, I understand that the stats prioritised will obviously be piercing and phys. pierce. But say for the 'okay stats', would Attack speed and/or Boss damage be fine?

30% max piercing, 15% max physical piercing. Sensible way is piercing > physical piercing > boss damage.

I'm personally getting 15% max physical piercing, attack speed on every possible equipment then piercing after. Not recommending that the way to go but I have some theory crafting with very high attack speeds so I'm interested to see how successful it'll be.
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,690
    Added a no medkit variant to the build for those wanting to maximize DPS along with a potion management section.
  • HyarchyHyarchy
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    With the new Legendary gear and Panic effect with 3 set bonus you get an extra 10 spirit. What i found out is that you can use Rocket + Homing + Suborbital + Magnetic AND an extra EB now. BUT if your suborbital is on cd you still have the same rotation and can only do 1 EB with the Rocket + Homing + Magnetic combo.

What i did was put one point out of medkit and put it into M-Bomb. This way you can do Rocket + Homing + Magnetic + EB AND an extra M-Bomb and swapping between the Subortial rotation or the M-Bomb rotation. I don't know if this is better than just reloading, your thoughts please?
  • Shakalaka_DShakalaka_D
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 305
    is 1 lv of M-bomb better than 1 rf EB in term of overall dps performance? how much reduction dmg is EB after having blast charge kit (rapid fire passive)
  • AlchemiiAlchemii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    edited 12:08PM December 2, 2018
    is 1 lv of M-bomb better than 1 rf EB in term of overall dps performance? how much reduction dmg is EB after having blast charge kit (rapid fire passive)

Ok so first off that is an absolute NO. Anything is better than M-bomb, it is without a doubt the lowest DPS skill we have, and it's only real use is as an easier way to deal with the healing adds in CDEV. It is an absolutely terrible skill.

Now for the question of Rapid Fire Electric Blast:
    Electric Blast r10 + Adv Pulse Weapons r10: 758% (47.38% dps), 1516% (94.75% dps), 2274% (142.13 dps%)

Electric Blast r10 + Adv Pulse Weapons r10 + Blast Charge Kit r8: 560%, 1680% over 4 seconds (420% dps)

So these are the damage calculations for Electric Blast and Rapid Electric Blast at their respective best. However, there's a little more going on here than what the number show, specifically for Rapid Fire Electric Blast. While the normal Electric Blast only hits once (with increasing damage for each charge), Rapid Fire Electric Blast actually hits 4 times (which makes up the total percentage I have displayed). This means it has 4 chances to activate those on hit equipment buffs. It also means it gets 4 applications of the Kandura's Pendant bonus, one for each hit.

For more information about Heavy Gunner damage please see my thread: Heavy Gunner Damage Calculations

Edit: Also I haven't added this to my post yet, as I'm waiting til I can get all my crafting and gathering up so I can do an entirely new thread about extra sources of damage, with the bonus to spirit from the panic armor and extra spirit from the Spirit Boost Tonic (crafted in alchemy) you can actually get off a 4th Rapid Fire Electric Blast before needing to reload. This would change the dps testing range from a 4 second test to a 5 second test, and be something like a 28% dps increase for a Laser Builds.
  • OddieASDFOddieASDF
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,480
    Alchemii wrote: »

Ok so first off that is an absolute NO. Anything is better than M-bomb, it is without a doubt the lowest DPS skill we have, and it's only real use is as an easier way to deal with the healing adds in CDEV. It is an absolutely terrible skill.

Now for the question of Rapid Fire Electric Blast:
    Electric Blast r10 + Adv Pulse Weapons r10: 758% (47.38% dps), 1516% (94.75% dps), 2274% (142.13 dps%)

Electric Blast r10 + Adv Pulse Weapons r10 + Blast Charge Kit r8: 560%, 1680% over 4 seconds (420% dps)

So these are the damage calculations for Electric Blast and Rapid Electric Blast at their respective best. However, there's a little more going on here than what the number show, specifically for Rapid Fire Electric Blast. While the normal Electric Blast only hits once (with increasing damage for each charge), Rapid Fire Electric Blast actually hits 4 times (which makes up the total percentage I have displayed). This means it has 4 chances to activate those on hit equipment buffs. It also means it gets 4 applications of the Kandura's Pendant bonus, one for each hit.

For more information about Heavy Gunner damage please see my thread: Heavy Gunner Damage Calculations

Edit: Also I haven't added this to my post yet, as I'm waiting til I can get all my crafting and gathering up so I can do an entirely new thread about extra sources of damage, with the bonus to spirit from the panic armor and extra spirit from the Spirit Boost Tonic (crafted in alchemy) you can actually get off a 4th Rapid Fire Electric Blast before needing to reload. This would change the dps testing range from a 4 second test to a 5 second test, and be something like a 28% dps increase for a Laser Builds.
    If you get the timing right you can actually use 5 times in a row with no SP regen other than the standard reload. Too bad you're limited to 100 SP on it so you're limited to 3 per reload.
    https://streamable.com/zrygz
  • AlchemiiAlchemii
    edited 6:05PM December 3, 2018
    OddieASDF wrote: »
    If you get the timing right you can actually use 5 times in a row with no SP regen other than the standard reload. Too bad you're limited to 100 SP on it so you're limited to 3 per reload.
    That is 100% a glitch, maybe an exploit, unless they are getting some form of outside SP regen. This can be proven with math. Rapid-Fire Electric Blast costs 32 SP per shot, at the base 100 SP 3 shots total cost 96 SP leaving you with 4 SP remaining (not enough to do anything with. At 130 SP you can get 4 shots off for a total of 128 SP leaving you with only 2 SP. There is no way to get a 5th shot off, unless your either A) taking advantage of a glitch that makes it so that 1 of the shots doesn't use SP or B ) have some form of SP regen outside of Reload.
  • OddieASDFOddieASDF
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,480
    Alchemii wrote: »
    OddieASDF wrote: »
    That is 100% a glitch, maybe an exploit, unless they are getting some form of outside SP regen. This can be proven with math. Rapid-Fire Electric Blast costs 32 SP per shot, at the base 100 SP 3 shots total cost 96 SP leaving you with 4 SP remaining (not enough to do anything with. At 130 SP you can get 4 shots off for a total of 128 SP leaving you with only 2 SP. There is no way to get a 5th shot off, unless your either A) taking advantage of a glitch that makes it so that 1 of the shots doesn't use SP or B ) have some form of SP regen outside of Reload.
    I'm the one who recorded it. You can only do it when you have a left-over shot from a previous reload (32 SP+) and buffer the energy blast after ~300 miliseconds (with my current ping & attack speed, may vary accordingly) to consume the first tick from Reload, then the next tick will heal up to max SP again. That's basically borrowing some SP from the previous reload and using it with the next one, the only advantage is that you'll cancel half the reload animation, which is not really a big deal considering it's a hard method. I had 130 SP when I recorded it.

This one's with 110 SP:
    4-Rapid-fire_EB.gif
    I started with 45, used reload to 95, shot once before the second tick, then my SP was full again. Pretty much: 45 -> 95 -> 63 -> 110 (113) -> 78 -> 46 -> 14.
  • VinxinusVinxinus
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 690
    Well maybe in WB or with priest HS, it is possible to get more than three shots per reload. Other means requires a fair bit of resources. So it isn't really a major factor from where I stand
  • MustafinaMustafina
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    Thanks, this is very helpful!

And although macro is not recommended, do you mind tell me what would be the best macro for DPS with just pressing 1 button? Would the build change for that?
  • MapleGajunMapleGajun
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    So attack speed build is still good? About how much? I have 115% base and I don't feel that strong, around 50-60 mill in cdev...could be me though.
  • AlchemiiAlchemii
    edited 3:42PM December 16, 2018
    MapleGajun wrote: »
    So attack speed build is still good? About how much? I have 115% base and I don't feel that strong, around 50-60 mill in cdev...could be me though.

Replying from my phone.... What makes attack speed good for gunner is what all it affects. Which are Rapid Fire Electric Blast, Reload, and our Dash. This overall makes it difficult to tell how helpful it's being, but it is definitely helpful.