Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

[Lv.60 Guide] Bear's Fire Energy High DPS Build

Comments

• IamToxicXDIamToxicXD
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 420
    ChillBear wrote: »
    IamToxicXD wrote: »
    Why so many points into advanced missles without leveling the missle abilities very far?
    Shouldn't you have rocket launcer at atleast level 8?

Just for the reason that many bosses move and don't get the full damage over time so I emphasize the initial impact. You could try moving some points out of advanced missles into Rocket Launcher but I think it'd have little impact on overall DPS.

Do you feel medkit level 6 is always needed even with a priest?
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,690
    Why so many points into advanced missles without leveling the missle abilities very far?
    Shouldn't you have rocket launcer at atleast level 8?

Just for the reason that many bosses move and don't get the full damage over time so I emphasize the initial impact. You could try moving some points out of advanced missles into Rocket Launcher but I think it'd have little impact on overall DPS.

Do you feel medkit level 6 is always needed even with a priest?

I always run medkit just because I love it so much, even with a priest. Just means I can position myself where I want without having to rely on their heals
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Updated the build. Satellite is back in and M-Bomb is out. Reason being M-Bomb was giving skewed results against test dummies (hitting multiple dummies) and at level 1 M-Bomb, its single target damage is equivalent to a single Electric Blast hit (with blast charge kit). There is no advantage using a low level M-Bomb. Satellite is back in even though it pains me to have those 4 unused skill points in stun grenades. It's possible to take the points out of satellite and upgrade M-Bomb to 6 which makes it deal more than satellite in this build but for reason of trying to activate weapon effects more often I kept satellite in. Satellite hits the enemy 10 times over 10 seconds as opposed to 2 hits with M Bomb, giving us a higher chance to activate epic weapon effects.

Waiting for Electric Blast fix in the next patch. Also, added a section on how to DPS test.
  • Isaac753Isaac753
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 300
    so... if magnetic pulse is only decent why u put 10 points at its passive?
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Isaac753 wrote: »
    so... if magnetic pulse is only decent why u put 10 points at its passive?

Because that passive is also for our primary DPS electric blast
  • MemeisterMemeister
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 210
    Nice guide. Just wondering if attack speed matters for Bullet Spray build given fix patch for electric blast comes in?
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Memeister wrote: »
    Nice guide. Just wondering if attack speed matters for Bullet Spray build given fix patch for electric blast comes in?

There's some interesting theory crafting that can be done with attack speed. Not much to say about it though because you'd need the gear to enable it.
  • YoYoFigaroFigaroYoYoFigaroFigaro
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,240
    Put your electric blast and reload on a macro, and while using the macro+holding down the directional key it'll fire faster
  • ChillBearChillBear
    edited 1:57AM October 18, 2018
    Put your electric blast and reload on a macro, and while using the macro+holding down the directional key it'll fire faster

Yep, for keyboard users thats one way.

I've already been doing this on a gamepad using a turbo feature to rapidly press the buttons instead of holding them. Comes down to stutter stepping doing animation cancelling.

Added a section to the guide about it.
  • RhundasRhundas
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 410

I've already been doing this on a gamepad using a turbo feature to rapidly press the buttons instead of holding them. Comes down to stutter stepping doing animation cancelling.

What software do you use for your turbo feature? If it's ReWASD, can you share your settings for the button? I'm having a little play around with it and I'm not getting great results.
  • ChillBearChillBear
    edited 1:19AM October 19, 2018
    Rhundas wrote: »

What software do you use for your turbo feature? If it's ReWASD, can you share your settings for the button? I'm having a little play around with it and I'm not getting great results.

Check here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/comment/118019#Comment_118019

Also, added an FAQ section on the guide
  • ThisIsMeKevinThisIsMeKevin
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    what gear stats are we prioritizing? Piercing and what?
  • InsIns
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 12:44PM October 20, 2018

That's what I've been thinking about mostly, what stats are good? I've been going for damage on boss %. And it's going well for me, but I might be wrong for doing so. Also what weapon is BiS (Best in Slot) for the build exactly? Since every weapon has a different passive or proc. It should matter what weapon needs to be picked. Bought mine off the Black Market but I think that I can find a better one, got three other weapons from Balrog, FD, and Nutaman. Not sure what to decide, which proc is stronger with this build. Pirate Hunter? Shadow Hunter? Dragon Hunter? The Acreon's Cannon?
  • ChillBearChillBear
    Ins wrote: »

That's what I've been thinking about mostly, what stats are good? I've been going for damage on boss %. And it's going well for me, but I might be wrong for doing so. Also what weapon is BiS (Best in Slot) for the build exactly? Since every weapon has a different passive or proc. It should matter what weapon needs to be picked. Bought mine off the Black Market but I think that I can find a better one, got three other weapons from Balrog, FD, and Nutaman. Not sure what to decide, which proc is stronger with this build. Pirate Hunter? Shadow Hunter? Dragon Hunter? The Acreon's Cannon?

Stat wise we should aim for 30% piercing, 10-15% physical piercing and murpagoth's cannon. I believe the best stat to get on equipment after piercing is boss damage (don't quote me) because other stats don't roll as high as it. If total damage had higher stat rolls it would be king, but it doesn't. As for murpagoth's cannon it increases physical attack by 9% for 11 seconds; physical attack is basically a direct multiplier onto our total damage therefore our damage goes up overall by 9% when it procs.

I'm personally going a high attack speed build where possible after theory crafting quite a bit because I *believe* it may be a hidden gem most people would look over.
  • ChewyHGChewyHG
    edited 1:59PM October 22, 2018
    Funny, because I've been running this exact same build this whole time right down to the last skill point haha. I didn't realize someone else was running this build until I stumbled upon the forums since I see most HG's going bullet spray. I just like how Charge Blast Kit matches up as a Single Target DPS skill to Bullet Spray and at the same time acts as a Mobbing skill. I think this increases the speed of dungeon runs that have a lot of add clearing kind of like Lubelisk. Plus it's bursty and ideal for mobile bosses and bosses that you constantly have to dodge skill shots like Fire Dragon. The only weakness I see with this build is that it is very skill-based because if you miss your lasers then obviously that is DPS lost.

I get a lot of lashback from party members for not using bullet spray, but it just does not identify with me as a Heavy Gunner main.
  • VondallasVondallas
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 400
    It would be nice if there was a demolition expert build because I love explosions and it would be fun to use plus would add variety(lets be honest RF blast is clunky and that's what making it boring) to the other builds with different kinds of things to it.
  • munjimamunjima
    before i creat the heavy gunner, can i ask first?

what heavy gunner is good/nice for mobing and farming? cause i want to use heavy gunnerr for farming and my main character.
  • ChillBearChillBear
    munjima wrote: »

what heavy gunner is good/nice for mobing and farming? cause i want to use heavy gunnerr for farming and my main character.

I'm guessing you mean farming by killing mobs? If so, then yes HG is good. Nice range, damage and has a medkit.
  • munjimamunjima
    munjima wrote: »

I'm guessing you mean farming by killing mobs? If so, then yes HG is good. Nice range, damage and has a medkit.

ya, i mean like kill much mob monsters (much monster we kill with skill or area skill). for farming.

its good?
  • VinxinusVinxinus
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 690
    For this build, I understand that the stats prioritised will obviously be piercing and phys. pierce. But say for the 'okay stats', would Attack speed and/or Boss damage be fine?