Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Dungeon Limit vs My Interest

teddiiiteddiii
Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,000
Posts: 14
Member
edited 11:01AM October 7, 2018 in Dungeons
What am I supposed to do now that I've finished my dungeons? Getting stronger was what I planned on doing but apparently, despite the fact that purples scarcely drop, Nexon continues to dismiss the idea of me wanting to farm as much as I need to in order to become a sweaty 4k gear score player. LET ME SWEAT. LET ME FARM. I do not find housing to be any fun, I'd rather focus on making sure my damage is higher than everyone else's but I cant't do that because this drop rate is cheeks and I can't even do dungeons until Friday because of this 400 IQ design. LET ME SWEAT. LET ME FARM. It'd no doubt be better to just let me farm than to put a HOLD on my entire character saying "That's enough dungeons for you :)." unknown.png

Comments

  • AynixAynix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,985
    Posts: 252
    Member
    edited 11:38AM October 7, 2018
    teddiii wrote: »
    LET ME SWEAT. LET ME FARM.

    You are allowed to do that by making alts and farming on them as well.
    CLC
  • suchalameosuchalameo
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 500
    Posts: 15
    Member
    Aynix wrote: »
    teddiii wrote: »
    LET ME SWEAT. LET ME FARM.

    You are allowed to do that by making alts and farming on them as well.

    Ya but that logic is still sorta flawed. You want this guy to make an alt, without his cosmetics or gear he's already obtained, so he's grinding through dungeons slower just so he can funnel the same things to his main. If you're going to let him have the rewards anyway via an alt, why not just let him have them on his main.

    I understand it, as it stops players from getting WAY too far ahead, which makes the game not fun for everyone else; yes, sorry you're not the only player in an MMO.

    ANYWAY, if you're not into the whole alt-thing (which is currently the best thing) you can keep farming dungeons for the gold reward which will let you buy the materials you need; or farm mobs. Shadow Expedition isn't out yet, sorry. As the game progresses you will have more things to do, you're just a little ahead of where you're suppose to be.
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 129
    Member
    You have all those purples when me and others haven't seen 1, somebody likes goldselling websites if they don't have alts.
    DarkGladxx
  • AynixAynix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,985
    Posts: 252
    Member
    edited 3:15PM October 7, 2018
    We have people in our guild with full epic gear and weapon +12 most of them have one or zero alts. Just because someone have way better gear than you doesnt mean he is cheating.
  • mmviimmvii
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 4,790
    Posts: 637
    Member
    Hmm :] looks like it can be done with current drop rates and caps, and without alts. That's good to know actually.
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 129
    Member
    mmvii wrote: »
    Hmm :] looks like it can be done with current drop rates and caps, and without alts. That's good to know actually.

    Very untrue, they're most likely buying their gear or have good luck. I've capped dungeons on 1 character this whole time and haven't seen a single purple.
  • PilikenPiliken
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    Posts: 12
    Member
    You can get around that much gear with 1 character by either:
    1. getting lucky with your first couple sets of 10 adventure dungeons
    2. farming/market flipping messos to buy gear off the market that other people got lucky with drops
    3. farming with a group of friends and sharing drops
  • AlexFromCaliAlexFromCali
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,200
    Posts: 147
    Member
    edited 8:04PM October 8, 2018
    teddiii wrote: »
    What am I supposed to do now that I've finished my dungeons? Getting stronger was what I planned on doing but apparently, despite the fact that purples scarcely drop, Nexon continues to dismiss the idea of me wanting to farm as much as I need to in order to become a sweaty 4k gear score player. LET ME SWEAT. LET ME FARM. I do not find housing to be any fun, I'd rather focus on making sure my damage is higher than everyone else's but I cant't do that because this drop rate is cheeks and I can't even do dungeons until Friday because of this 400 IQ design. LET ME SWEAT. LET ME FARM. It'd no doubt be better to just let me farm than to put a HOLD on my entire character saying "That's enough dungeons for you :)." unknown.png

    People the first day had 3+ alts lvl 50 and made 30 mill meso+ in a day.

    You should make alts before you fall behind. Limits were made for a reason but you apparently weren't aware that those who spend more time and invest through alts will get a greater return. Maybe someone left you behind the loop but the dungeons farmed by each alt, give you epics that you can sell for meso and trade to your main. I don't know why your wasting time on one account when there were limits placed, but maybe no one told you that you can transfer mesos from alt to main.

    Normal dungeons drop sellable epics, hard dungeons drop character bound epics.


    Increasing the limit for 1 account means you increase the limit for people who already have 8 alts lvl 50. So that means the value will drop, and you will be severely behind

    Quit wasting time complaining and go make an alt so you can run dungeons to give mesos to your main

    mmvii wrote: »
    Hmm :] looks like it can be done with current drop rates and caps, and without alts. That's good to know actually.

    Very untrue, they're most likely buying their gear or have good luck. I've capped dungeons on 1 character this whole time and haven't seen a single purple.


    Of course theyre buying their gear. You can't transfer epics between alts but you can sell the epics and transfer the 10s of millions of mesos to your main via bank safe You all are missing out. Try joining an active guild you can get more info there than on the forums.
    mmvii wrote: »
    Hmm :] looks like it can be done with current drop rates and caps, and without alts. That's good to know actually.

    Very untrue, they're most likely buying their gear or have good luck. I've capped dungeons on 1 character this whole time and haven't seen a single purple.
    suchalameo wrote: »
    Aynix wrote: »
    teddiii wrote: »
    LET ME SWEAT. LET ME FARM.

    You are allowed to do that by making alts and farming on them as well.

    Ya but that logic is still sorta flawed. You want this guy to make an alt, without his cosmetics or gear he's already obtained, so he's grinding through dungeons slower just so he can funnel the same things to his main. If you're going to let him have the rewards anyway via an alt, why not just let him have them on his main.

    I understand it, as it stops players from getting WAY too far ahead, which makes the game not fun for everyone else; yes, sorry you're not the only player in an MMO.

    ANYWAY, if you're not into the whole alt-thing (which is currently the best thing) you can keep farming dungeons for the gold reward which will let you buy the materials you need; or farm mobs. Shadow Expedition isn't out yet, sorry. As the game progresses you will have more things to do, you're just a little ahead of where you're suppose to be.

    Wrong. Wrong Wrong. It is very true. Alts aren't for the purpose of having 8 accounts to play. The purpose is to be able to do more dungeons. Asking for increased limits is wasting your time, despite the fact that everyone complaining is likely behind on the fact that increased limits will result in people with 8 alts being able to do more dungeons than increased limits on one account.

    Besides if you were aware with the news you could tell the game is geared towards having multiple accounts to better one.

    Not only can you trade mesos earned at lvl 50 between accounts, you can sell the epics and trade them. You also complained about cosmetics you can transfer those via bank safe aswell

    I don't understand why you say farming on alts is detrimental to a main, and then agree that having alts is the 'best thing'. It's not a 'thing' its a feature in the game designed to be the way it is.

    ITT: A bunch of uninformed people. Why are alts the best thing? Because that means you're able to invest more time instead of asking for things to be handed to you for free. Each alt takes 5 hours to be able to do lvl 50 dungeons. Increasing the limit will not only increase the advantage in having alts, but put those with 1 account more behind.

    Do your dungeons, make alts to do dungeons to sell epics and trade the meso via bank safe to your main. Asking for free or increased limits will only ruin the point of people investing their time to make several characters in the first place.
  • AynixAynix
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,985
    Posts: 252
    Member
    mmvii wrote: »
    Hmm :] looks like it can be done with current drop rates and caps, and without alts. That's good to know actually.

    Very untrue, they're most likely buying their gear or have good luck. I've capped dungeons on 1 character this whole time and haven't seen a single purple.

    Its called "doing everything you can to progress" inestead sitting on one character with 30/30 dungeons and saying "ok Im done for this week"